• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

When to start and stop muscle work out.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am concerned I want to know what age is ripe before taking to muscle building job. I think children or teenagers shouldn't be advised to take training on any form of body building exercise. Also at what age should one consider retiring from this sort of activities.

R

rz3300

Banned
I wonder if there is any good research out there about this. The more and more I think about it, I kind of wonder why we do not hear more about definitive studies and things like that, but then again maybe I am just missing something or looking in the wrong places. I would think that listening to your body is a good place to start, though.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am just like any exercise that requires us to develop our muscles massively should be entirely for grown adults. That said, there should be limitation to use enhancing substance like steroids as this could have some terrible side effects if over used.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand that we should not starting working out too early (let's say before 16) because it interferes with the development of the body. I wonder if this is true? Yeah, steroids should be used with extreme care...

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe age 16 is just fine to start building your muscles since that age is considered a young adult already. But someone in our office said that bodybuilding is for real adults to mean those people who have stopped growing in height. In that case then it should be 20 when the human body stops growing. And the age to stop? There is one former athlete here named Freddie Webb who is past 70 but still works out in the gym for 3 hours a day.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's real news worthy for a man of 70 years old still able to engage in serious body workout @Alexandoy. I think men in my locality need learn something from this experience. Here so many people once they attain 60 years old they go with the notion training is now for the younger men. Somehow I think training even at older ages may have a way of increasing lifespan.