• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Warm up needs to have a good sweat

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even in a workout, you need to do a warm up. It is advised that a good warm up should produce sweat and the feeling of warmth inside the body. Especially for athletes, the warm up is very important to avoid problems with ligaments and tendons. The sudden impact of running a 100-meter dash can cause a torn ligament. The lack of warm up can cause several problems aside from the rigors on the feet such as quick dehydration. And sometimes a fighter loses his balance and his coordination because his body needed a sort of conditioning before the actual fight.

P

Pharmacom

Exactly! Usually people neglect a warm up. I cardio for warm up 15-20 min, and streching

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually do some type of Cardio and Dynamic Stretching before my Workout.
And Static Stretching after my Workout, during my Cool-down.

R

rz3300

Banned
Having a good sweat is more of an indicator for me at this point, but I think that it is a good thing, at least for me. I have gotten to the point where certain areas I cannot really tell how hard I work them so the sweat helps to gauge.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I stretch out to get the body flexible and ready for the main exercise.

A jog in place is also a good way to warm up.

R

remnant

Banned
Its normal for people to sweat during physical activity. I wonder why so me people sweat at night when the body
metabolism is at a low ebb. It can be caused by a host of underlying
conditions like medications, alcohol intake or such physiological
conditions as sleep apnea. It calls for a date with a physician but
meanwhile use sleeping pills sparingly. But why do people sweat at night?

B

BigTex

Even in a workout, you need to do a warm up. It is advised that a good warm up should produce sweat and the feeling of warmth inside the body. Especially for athletes, the warm up is very important to avoid problems with ligaments and tendons. The sudden impact of running a 100-meter dash can cause a torn ligament. The lack of warm up can cause several problems aside from the rigors on the feet such as quick dehydration. And sometimes a fighter loses his balance and his coordination because his body needed a sort of conditioning before the actual fight.

I wanted to add to this with more f an emphasis on weight training:

Importance of Warming Up

* Increases blood flow to your muscles (a warm muscle is more flexible).
* Raises total body temperature and muscle temperature.
* Increases oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.
* Prepares your heart for an increase in activity and exercise.
* Prepares your muscles for stretching and resistance exercise.

Now, weight training is a little more unconventional that running or other physical activities. The warm up can be done in a more functionable fashion by starting off with light weight and working yourself up to your work sets. In fact, there is research to back this.

Ribeiro AS, Romanzini M, Schoenfeld BJ, Souza MF, Avelar A, Cyrino ES. Effect of different warm-up procedures on the performance of resistance training exercises. Percept Mot Skills. 2014 Aug;119(1):133-45.

Abstract

Warm-up has been shown to mediate numerous acute physiological alterations that have been purported to confer beneficial effects on performance. This study investigated the acute effects of different warm-up procedures on resistance training performance. Employing a randomized, counterbalanced crossover design, 15 men performed 3 exercises (4 sets of bench press, squat, and arm curl at 80% of 1RM) to failure in 4 conditions (control, specific, aerobic, and combined). Outcome measures included the sum of repetitions and a fatigue index measuring the decline between sets. There was no significant difference for the sum of repetitions or for fatigue index among conditions for the 3 exercises. Performance in the resistance training exercises was not influenced by warm-up.

From this study t would appear that a warm-up is pretty much useless prior to submaximal resistance training. Despite the currently held belief that warming up enhances exercise performance, no benefits were seen between either a general warm-up, specific warm-up or combination of the two compared to no warm-up at all. Intuitively this seems to make sense in that the initial repetitions of a submaximal lifts are in effect their own specific warm-up and the need to increase core temperature might be superfluous from a performance standpoint when multiple reps are performed. Further, it is my belief that by doing warm up sets you have accomplished the goals from warming up in weight lifting programs.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, for your warm up to be effective, you should do some movements that increase your heart rate and breathing- this should increase the temperature of the muscle, so a good indication of this, is when you break a light sweat.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I wanted to add to this with more f an emphasis on weight training:

Importance of Warming Up

* Increases blood flow to your muscles (a warm muscle is more flexible).
* Raises total body temperature and muscle temperature.
* Increases oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.
* Prepares your heart for an increase in activity and exercise.
* Prepares your muscles for stretching and resistance exercise.

Now, weight training is a little more unconventional that running or other physical activities. The warm up can be done in a more functionable fashion by starting off with light weight and working yourself up to your work sets. In fact, there is research to back this.

Ribeiro AS, Romanzini M, Schoenfeld BJ, Souza MF, Avelar A, Cyrino ES. Effect of different warm-up procedures on the performance of resistance training exercises. Percept Mot Skills. 2014 Aug;119(1):133-45.

Abstract

Warm-up has been shown to mediate numerous acute physiological alterations that have been purported to confer beneficial effects on performance. This study investigated the acute effects of different warm-up procedures on resistance training performance. Employing a randomized, counterbalanced crossover design, 15 men performed 3 exercises (4 sets of bench press, squat, and arm curl at 80% of 1RM) to failure in 4 conditions (control, specific, aerobic, and combined). Outcome measures included the sum of repetitions and a fatigue index measuring the decline between sets. There was no significant difference for the sum of repetitions or for fatigue index among conditions for the 3 exercises. Performance in the resistance training exercises was not influenced by warm-up.

From this study t would appear that a warm-up is pretty much useless prior to submaximal resistance training. Despite the currently held belief that warming up enhances exercise performance, no benefits were seen between either a general warm-up, specific warm-up or combination of the two compared to no warm-up at all. Intuitively this seems to make sense in that the initial repetitions of a submaximal lifts are in effect their own specific warm-up and the need to increase core temperature might be superfluous from a performance standpoint when multiple reps are performed. Further, it is my belief that by doing warm up sets you have accomplished the goals from warming up in weight lifting programs.

Wow, so from what you are trying to say is that warm up before exercising is mainly like a myth to training as it basically have no meaningful impact on one's body.

This may be true or not but I can well attest to it that I feel more lively when I'm done warming up before my actual workout.