Your first visit?
Register

Page 135 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,413 to 2,430 of 4359
  1. #2413
    Strongripology priest bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ironheart View Post
    agree. awsome movie. allthough its the beginning of the movie that stands out IMO. after that its not that different from other vietnam movies.
    Well, i think it is different. Perhaps I'm just biased with Kubrick's films because of my passion with photography. His films have so good photography that i'd like them even if their plots/acting were horrible.

    Anyway i find the second part of the movie special because it is neither a "USA, USA USA!!" propaganda nor a "look, americans fucking things...again". It's more like Kubrick saying "dear spectator: this is war. War, this is spectator". Not taking part of it, just showing it.

    Anyway i'm not a film expert, just my two cents. I wonder what does Line think of this movie, i've checked his list and it's not between 75-100, don't know if it's higher or he just doesn't like it, but i for sure would like to read his oppinion as a movie nerdy :keke:


    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #2414
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Well, i think it is different. Perhaps I'm just biased with Kubrick's films because of my passion with photography. His films have so good photography that i'd like them even if their plots/acting were horrible.

    Anyway i find the second part of the movie special because it is neither a "USA, USA USA!!" propaganda nor a "look, americans fucking things...again". It's more like Kubrick saying "dear spectator: this is war. War, this is spectator". Not taking part of it, just showing it.

    Anyway i'm not a film expert, just my two cents. I wonder what does Line think of this movie, i've checked his list and it's not between 75-100, don't know if it's higher or he just doesn't like it, but i for sure would like to read his oppinion as a movie nerdy :keke:
    Your insights aren't bad at all but it's far from Kubrick's best film, though that isn't saying much seeing how he's my favorite director. I'm a bit torn on the film as a whole because, while it is an observance piece, it doesn't really have much to say that hasn't been said. Of course, it does have his trademark distant feel to it which is essential but I consider Coppola's Apocalypse Now to be a far superior film about the Vietnam war. Still, it's a great film but, if pressed, I'd rank Kubrick's films as follows...

    2001: ASO
    A Clockwork Orange
    Dr. Strangelove
    Paths of Glory
    Barry Lyndon
    The Killing
    The Shining
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Full Metal Jacket
    Lolita


    I will be updating my list later today.




  3. #2415
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    13,129
    dan in real life


    [OCT 08,FEB 09|MOTM] DriDDeRz
    [2008 MOTY|2nd]


    My Inbox is always open for Questions & help regarding anything


  4. #2416
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    15,729
    28 weeks later




  5. #2417
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Big VIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    So-Cal
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    5,630
    Pulp Fiction


    ''If you wanna run with the big dogs you cant piss on the porch with the pups.''


  6. #2418
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Big VIC View Post
    Pulp Fiction
    That's my favourite movie. :linedrunk:


    If I was you I'd hate me too...
    sigpic72921 1


  7. #2419
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Psycho (Hitchcock, 1960) - 9
    Dogville (von Trier, 2003) - 9




  8. #2420
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,263
    Watched The Nightmare Before Christmas today.




  9. #2421
    Strongripology priest bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Your insights aren't bad at all but it's far from Kubrick's best film, though that isn't saying much seeing how he's my favorite director. I'm a bit torn on the film as a whole because, while it is an observance piece, it doesn't really have much to say that hasn't been said. Of course, it does have his trademark distant feel to it which is essential but I consider Coppola's Apocalypse Now to be a far superior film about the Vietnam war. Still, it's a great film but, if pressed, I'd rank Kubrick's films as follows...

    2001: ASO
    A Clockwork Orange
    Dr. Strangelove
    Paths of Glory
    Barry Lyndon
    The Killing
    The Shining
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Full Metal Jacket
    Lolita


    I will be updating my list later today.
    It's not my favourite Kubrick's film either, and i agree: Apocalypse Now is a better war movie. I also like 2001 more than any other Kubrick's films, nothing strange considering i'm a SF fan, although you must agree 2001 isn't an "easy" movie to watch. I'm not surprised many people don't like it because they find it "slow" or "weird". Most people is too used to mindless-quick-action movies (wich are good for their use) to enjoy such a masterpiece.

    Back on topic i've just re-watched "PI" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/ ). Kinda strange (b&w, being from 1998, i think it was filmed cam-to-the-shoulder or at least that's the feeling), but pretty good, different at least.




  10. #2422
    I am god. bodybuilding reputation Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    7,994
    True lies :carduforvip


    She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.


  11. #2423
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beefcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,263
    DareDevil




  12. #2424
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    The Matrix.


    sigpic67333 1

    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP!


  13. #2425
    ............ bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    14,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The Matrix.
    I guess you didn't like my recommendation of Pearl Harbor? :wutyousay:


    Please visit our forum sponsors


  14. #2426
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I guess you didn't like my recommendation of Pearl Harbor? :wutyousay:
    No. I did not.




  15. #2427
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,446
    harold and kumar escape from gitmo




  16. #2428
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    13,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I guess you didn't like my recommendation of Pearl Harbor? :wutyousay:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    No. I did not.
    Pearl Harbor is such a great movie
    how come u didnt enjoy it rocky?




  17. #2429
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    13,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageking View Post
    harold and kumar escape from gitmo
    i watched half of it yesterday for the second time:methman:




  18. #2430
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    3,522
    alien vs predato: requieum


    wasn't very entertaining, waste of 5 bucks.






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

         Steroidify

      Napsgear

      MusclePay




 

 
Page 135 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.