Your first visit?
Register

Page 158 of 243 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,827 to 2,844 of 4359
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Tonyk212000's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post

ahahaha i stared at it for a second before i got it.

but can you please explain to me why that movie was supposed to be good? my brother, who is reading the book right now, felt the same. convuleted, tedious, and just plain boring.
    I thought the movie was really good dude! Your Bro will like the book if he is really smart when it comes to english. Probably the toughest book I have ever read, very difficult read.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Duality's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyk212000 View Post
    I thought the movie was really good dude! Your Bro will like the book if he is really smart when it comes to english. Probably the toughest book I have ever read, very difficult read.

he's just smart when it comes to everything, and he hasn't finished it yet but he is telling me exactly what you're telling me, difficult read.

i guess i'm in the minority here, but man i just couldn't get into it. it never riveted me or really made me interested. and call me stupid but sometimes i got a little lost in the story line. i found saving private ryan to be much better.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Tonyk212000's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

he's just smart when it comes to everything, and he hasn't finished it yet but he is telling me exactly what you're telling me, difficult read.

i guess i'm in the minority here, but man i just couldn't get into it. it never riveted me or really made me interested. and call me stupid but sometimes i got a little lost in the story line. i found saving private ryan to be much better.

No its cool about getting lost. I read it for AP english (definitely got lost while reading it) and then we watched the movie and still got lost. After each chapter or so my teacher kind of went over it to help us so that made it more interesting. If he is on his own trying to comprehend it then yeah he will find it boring.

Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

But can you please explain to me why that movie was supposed to be good? my brother, who is reading the book right now, felt the same. convuleted, tedious, and just plain boring.
    I'm not sure what you mean by it being convoluted. I'm guessing you mean thematically, and I can see what you're saying but Apocalypse Now is a film that works outside of the typical confines which plague American cinema. It's willing to use the words of its characters not only as a narrative vehicle but also as an introspective means to venture deeper into the film's soul. Much of what is talked about in the form of speeches are actually important movements that question the appropriateness of murder even when commanded, and the maddening effects that violence has on one's spirit. Of course, the genius of said topics, at least in terms of the film's execution of them, is how closely they parallel the situation in Vietnam at the time. It takes the broad scope of "Is what we're doing right" and interjects it into a singular being: Captain Benjamin L. Willard (Martin Sheen). His struggle is not meant to depict the average Vietnam officer but that of the entire army. His eventual shift in personality is due to the overwhelming pressures and moral dilemmas forced upon him by so many outside sources. Director Francis Ford Coppola used a similar motif in The Godfather, making the Corleone family a metaphor for US capitalism. It's something few American filmmakers dare attempt, let alone pull off with such great attention to detail.

I'd be amiss to not say anything about the beautiful photography of the film, as it remains one of the best ever shot. They endured so many hardships while making the film that Coppola almost lost his mind. This isn't to say that struggle in any way effects the objective value of the film (or this and Eraserhead would likely be the two best of all time) but it gives the viewer a certain appreciation for what the filmmakers had gone through to produce this. Their efforts, in my opinion, show in every frame. It features some of the greatest imagery ever put to cinema and is one of the best examples of blending craft with intellectualism that I can think of.

There's a lot more going on thematically but these are the main points. Hopefully it sheds some light on the picture.

Picture3 1

Picture21 1

Picture26 1

Picture32 1

Picture39 1

Picture1 12 1

Picture4 2 1

Picture14 1 1

Also, if you're watching the Redux version, don't. It has unnecessary scenes. The original is the better cut.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Paulie's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Wow. The new Indiana Jones movie is fucking terrible.

Spielberg should really be ashamed.

LIFT OR DIE bodybuilding reputation El Freako's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by it being convoluted. I'm guessing you mean thematically, and I can see what you're saying but Apocalypse Now is a film that works outside of the typical confines which plague American cinema. It's willing to use the words of its characters not only as a narrative vehicle but also as an introspective means to venture deeper into the film's soul. Much of what is talked about in the form of speeches are actually important movements that question the appropriateness of murder even when commanded, and the maddening effects that violence has on one's spirit. Of course, the genius of said topics, at least in terms of the film's execution of them, is how closely they parallel the situation in Vietnam at the time. It takes the broad scope of "Is what we're doing right" and interjects it into a singular being: Captain Benjamin L. Willard (Martin Sheen). His struggle is not meant to depict the average Vietnam officer but that of the entire army. His eventual shift in personality is due to the overwhelming pressures and moral dilemmas forced upon him by so many outside sources. Director Francis Ford Coppola used a similar motif in The Godfather, making the Corleone family a metaphor for US capitalism. It's something few American filmmakers dare attempt, let alone pull off with such great attention to detail.

I'd be amiss to not say anything about the beautiful photography of the film, as it remains one of the best ever shot. They endured so many hardships while making the film that Coppola almost lost his mind. This isn't to say that struggle in any way effects the objective value of the film (or this and Eraserhead would likely be the two best of all time) but it gives the viewer a certain appreciation for what the filmmakers had gone through to produce this. Their efforts, in my opinion, show in every frame. It features some of the greatest imagery ever put to cinema and is one of the best examples of blending craft with intellectualism that I can think of.

There's a lot more going on thematically but these are the main points. Hopefully it sheds some light on the picture.
    I agree with everything you said!

It was an awesome movie, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite scene.

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

Spielberg should really be ashamed.
    Indeed. I'll put up a link to my review as soon as it's been posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    I agree with everything you said!

It was an awesome movie, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite scene.
    As would I. I should really rewatch it though because, despite naming the main points, there's still a lot more going on in the film. I wrote this a long time ago and doubt I agree with all of it anymore but it's a bit longer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/s...&postcount=190

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Chesticles's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I forgot to mention, I got around to watching all of Edmond, thought it was great, 9/10. I'm not giving the ending away, but it gave me chills.

Link to the movie for those interested.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443496/

“Unless a man undertakes more
    than he possibly can do, he will
    never do all that he can.”

- Henry Drummond

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Chesticles's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Watched the strangers, despite a lot of negative reviews I thought it was pretty decent. 7.5/10

I'd like your take on it if you can get around to watching it Lineski. I can get a download link for you if you need it.

Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

You send me a download link? You're cute, Chesty, but I can manage. :keke:

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^Patronising shit!

Watched Funny games the other day - think I might have to watch the original to see how it compares.

sigpic67333 1

THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP!

Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I prefer Funny Games US. It's closer linked to what Haneke's purported scope was.

LIFT OR DIE bodybuilding reputation El Freako's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Dog Soldiers
    dogsoldiersmovieposter 1
    Best. Werewolf. Movie. Ever.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280609/

dogsoldiers6 1

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^Great film.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation brendan's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

carlito's way is one of my favourite films . has anybody seen it?

k-pax aswell.

"Live everyday of your life as if it was your last day".

Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by brendan View Post
    carlito's way is one of my favourite films . has anybody seen it?
    I saw it awhile ago and remember liking it but not loving. I'd probably be more critical of it now though seeing how I've grown to really dislike De Palma as a director.

............ bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Day of The Dead

80's Zombie movies FTW.

Please visit our forum sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beau's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The love guru....was on the dish. Needless to say its 2 hours I won't get back

Watched "Street Kings" the other night...that was a solid flick

sigpic70272 11

"Its better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

Page 158 of 243 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions