Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 16 of 242 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Okay, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is the most fucked up movie ever made, without question. There's no way there's a film with more gore than this one.

It's unbelieveable that it only got an "R" rating.

Overall: C+

My 2003 remake rating: B+

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

what about the story, im considering watching it, but if the movie only has gore then forget it

gore doesnt make a movie scary, twisting plots and confusion's leave the last impression

Lemonade..Ice Cold

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by shorty
    what about the story, im considering watching it, but if the movie only has gore then forget it

gore doesnt make a movie scary, twisting plots and confusion's leave the last impression
    The story leading up to why they end up at the house is fine. Not really too many twists going on in it.

A lot of people have complained that it's a little bit too similar to the last one. This movie takes place around the Hewitt's house more than the remake. Much less chasing in this one.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Haven't seen Inside Man yet unfortunately. Gonna watch "Shooting Dogs" tonight about the Rwandan Genocide - cheery viewing..

Then "The Ringer" - an equally thought provoking film.
    I feel like a bad person for laughing so much when I saw the Ringer, although the overall tone and message was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Caught Fearles today, and I felt it was amazing. Made me want to teach right after I left the theater.

One down, and three to go on my semi-strange movie list-TCM:TB(for kicks), The Departed, and JA 2.

Stand or fall, but choose.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Saw TCM:TB today, and it was...meh. Sorry Flex. There's been more done with the series, but there's been worse as well. Not a bad movie, but it just felt uninspired. Everyone was beyond stupid, and 'military bro' ended up being the most worthless out of all of them. It was hard for me to care about any of the victims when it seemed they were basically putting their heads on their respective chopping blocks all on their own.

That, and it didn't help that they made Leatherface look like Abyss from TNA for about half of the movie. Gore and shock alone does not a movie make, even with a huge budget and a couple known names.

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I plan on seeing The Departed tomorrow afternoon or night. Then, next week on 10/20 the following movies are coming out so I'll probably be living at the theater:

-Flags of our Fathers
    -Marie Antoinette
    -The Prestige

...it's about goddamn time this year starts kicking it up a notch.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^Flags of our Fathers and The Prestige are on my 'when they hit' list as well. Good call, Line.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Anyone seen the new will farrell movie?

Worth seeing?

“Unless a man undertakes more
    than he possibly can do, he will
    never do all that he can.”

- Henry Drummond

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric
    Saw TCM:TB today, and it was...meh. Sorry Flex. There's been more done with the series, but there's been worse as well. Not a bad movie, but it just felt uninspired. Everyone was beyond stupid, and 'military bro' ended up being the most worthless out of all of them. It was hard for me to care about any of the victims when it seemed they were basically putting their heads on their respective chopping blocks all on their own.

That, and it didn't help that they made Leatherface look like Abyss from TNA for about half of the movie. Gore and shock alone does not a movie make, even with a huge budget and a couple known names.
    I agree with everything you said. Funny how there was more character development towards the boys then on either girl especially Jordana.

I don't think it's a great film at all, but it's watchable. I would say I was a little disappointed. Would you rate it lower than my C+?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^I'd likely saddle it with around the same grade, with a straight C being the most likely. Respect for the original stays my hand, and the fact that it does have a shred of continuity. If it was a stand alone movie, it'd probably be in the D range for me.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Anyone like Inside Man here?

Personally, I loved it for so many reasons but I'm just curious what you guys think.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Line

...it's about goddamn time this year starts kicking it up a notch.
    No shit. Working at a video store is depressing to have free rentals but no movies worth renting.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Anyone like Inside Man here?

Personally, I loved it for so many reasons but I'm just curious what you guys think.
    It definitely reeked of awesomeness, but I felt Clive Owen made the movie more than Denzel did. The twists were very well done, and the overall story was quite excellent. The ending was a little lame(Denzel's last scene), but Clive made up for it with his epilogue. Best line for me, as they're having everyone change into their painter outfits:
    Older Woman-"I'm not taking off my clothes!"
    Clive-"Lady, trust me on this. This is the only situation in which I would ever ask you to do this, but take off your friggin' clothes."

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Saw Little Miss Sunshine today and I'm seeing The Departed tonight in a few hours. I'll put up reviews tomorrow.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric
    It definitely reeked of awesomeness, but I felt Clive Owen made the movie more than Denzel did. The twists were very well done, and the overall story was quite excellent. The ending was a little lame(Denzel's last scene), but Clive made up for it with his epilogue. Best line for me, as they're having everyone change into their painter outfits:
    Older Woman-"I'm not taking off my clothes!"
    Clive-"Lady, trust me on this. This is the only situation in which I would ever ask you to do this, but take off your friggin' clothes."
    I thought Clive did a great job in Derailed. I was blown away with his performance in Inside Man. He never really broke his character which can be tough to do with a character like that. I'm a somewhat big fan of Clive now. Aside from Clive, I thought Denzel did a good job with his character but that's kind of a givin' with him. Jodie Foster played her character well and - I never thought she could pull off a character like this -she made you hate her character with a near passion. I love movies that have endings like what Inside Man did. Probably why I like Lucky # Sleven, too.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Slevin wasn't bad at all, and the story had nice twists and quirks without being in love with itself.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Looking forward to seeing Inside Man and Lucky Number Slevin.

Line - look forward to seeing what you think of The Departed, and Marie Antionette - I've heard it's meant to be shit.

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Little Miss Sunshine ***1/2

Titles can be deceptive. This movie, in a similar manner to those of Alexander Payne's, is more of a character study of a family struggling to walk the fine line between winners and losers. For the most part the comedy is dark and somewhat off-beat but there's something warming between the family's chemistry as the film progresses; particularly evident between Steve Carell and Paul Dano. We see each family member's character morph throughout the entire movie, which centers around a road trip from New Mexico to California so young Olive can compete in the Little Miss Sunshine pagent. Those with confidence and aim start to lose their grasp and others who appear originally misguided begin to become more centered and grounded; somewhere in the middle is where they meet and it's a place that's both comfortable for them and the viewer. In reality, this place of comfort is where the Olive has been all along.

From a critical aspect, parts of the life lessons learned come off as cliche at first but the movie's overall innocence and sincerity makes it painful to pick apart. It knows it's place and refuses to get too preachy overall, even when you think some scenes go on a little too long or seem awkawrd and uncomfortable; that's family I guess.

Special mention should be made to Alan Arkin as the heroin-snorting, foul-mouthed grandfather whose unconventional advice is part of what allows the family to discover each other; even after his demise. The use of music throughout the film was also very well done and credit should be given to not only the music coordinator but the editor as well for these scenes are among the best in the movie.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Similar Bodybuilding Threads

1. Official Avatar (not the movie) Discussion.
    By dilatedmuscle in forum MuscleMecca HeadQuarters
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
  2. The Last Foreign Movie You Watched?
    By Pain in forum Movies, Games, TV and Music
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
  3. What movie have you watched the most?
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 03:04 AM
  4. Last movie you watched on TV?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
  5. The best movie you watched this year?
    By Pain in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:59 PM

collapse Posting Permissions