Your first visit?
Register

Page 43 of 243 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 757 to 774 of 4359
  1. #757
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Stupidhead.
    Your feeble British mind would stand even less of a chance





    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community
        
      Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

  2. #758
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    Your feeble British mind would stand even less of a chance
    Ah, a your dick is smaller than mine rebuke!

    Your're not wrong though (the feeble mind, not the dick bit), I'm still trying to work out what the hell "Dude where's my car?" was about.




  3. #759
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Just finished watching 'A Scanner Darkly' based on the Philip K. Dick book. Was good. Not amazing. Not the most fulfilling of films but stylistically it suited the material perfectly. The rortoscoping lent itself to the fucked up world they were inhabiting and allowed for effects that would have looked wrong if done in usual manner, the performances also hammed it up a little to lend themselves to the cartoon effect of the drug adled world they lived in. Worth a watch.




  4. #760
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2,711
    I started watching The Silence of the Lambs on Sunday night and watched about half of it. Im very interested in it and the story is great. Too bad it takes me like a week to finish watching a movie Im so busy.




  5. #761
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Just finished watching 'A Scanner Darkly' based on the Philip K. Dick book. Was good. Not amazing. Not the most fulfilling of films...
    If you have time, watch it again.




  6. #762
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation MexicanMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    965
    Just saw the science of sleep and i enjoyed it.


    YA LLEGO POR QUIEN LLORABAN! I'M BAAAACK!


  7. #763
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I started watching The Silence of the Lambs on Sunday night and watched about half of it. Im very interested in it and the story is great. Too bad it takes me like a week to finish watching a movie Im so busy.
    Inexcuseable.




  8. #764
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    If you have time, watch it again.
    Yeah I intend to. There have been a few films that on first watch I wans't overwhelmed with but on 2nd watch have grown on me. Especially considering the basis of this film I could see this being one of those - that comment was my inital opinion.




  9. #765
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    234
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
    Borat
    Wicker Man (new remake)
    Fortress
    Ghosts Of Mars
    Judge Dredd
    The Hitcher pt2
    Cube

    Revisited a couple oldies and watched a couple new releases.


    R.I.P Pumba


  10. #766
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDumbell
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
    Borat
    Wicker Man (new remake)
    Fortress
    Ghosts Of Mars
    Judge Dredd
    The Hitcher pt2
    Cube

    Revisited a couple oldies and watched a couple new releases.





  11. #767
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    234
    LOL @ rocky. Shakes his head to almost everything but keeps Judge Dredd as a good pick which was a boxoffice flop and rated as a shit film.




  12. #768
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDumbell
    LOL @ rocky. Shakes his head to almost everything but keeps Judge Dredd as a good pick which was a boxoffice flop and rated as a shit film.
    lol - I knew either you or Line would pick me up on that one. Yeah, that was a bias inclusion on my part!




  13. #769
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Just bought Full Metal Jacket. Haven't actually seen it before.




  14. #770
    Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    234
    good movie




  15. #771
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Yeah I intend to. There have been a few films that on first watch I wans't overwhelmed with but on 2nd watch have grown on me. Especially considering the basis of this film I could see this being one of those - that comment was my inital opinion.
    I actually felt the same way after my first screening which is why I recommended the second viewing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Just bought Full Metal Jacket. Haven't actually seen it before.



    So I went and saw INLAND EMPIRE again and actually took a notebook with me to jot down recurring themes, lines, and other random notes to try and make sense of the thing (this is the first time I have ever done this). I must say, the film is absolutely amazing. It's so complex, moving, and interesting and feels as if it's much shorter than the three hour run time. It's replaced Children of Men on my list as the second best film from 2006.




  16. #772
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Line
    So I went and saw INLAND EMPIRE again and actually took a notebook with me to jot down recurring themes, lines, and other random notes to try and make sense of the thing (this is the first time I have ever done this). I must say, the film is absolutely amazing. It's so complex, moving, and interesting and feels as if it's much shorter than the three hour run time. It's replaced Children of Men on my list as the second best film from 2006.
    Might have to seek this out then. lol at taking a notebook. Did you have a pair of half moon spectacles resting on the tip of your nose for you to peer over at the screen?




  17. #773
    Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Might have to seek this out then. lol at taking a notebook. Did you have a pair of half moon spectacles resting on the tip of your nose for you to peer over at the screen?
    Ha, if you watch this film you'll understand why. There won't be a DVD release until over the summer and seeing how it's only been distributed to major US cities by Lynch himself (I have no idea how we got it) you'll likely have to wait until then. As far as comparing it to other Lynch films, I'd say that while it's not as weird a film as Eraserhead it's not nearly as accessible either. Eraserhead has, what I think, are relatively "easy" themes dealing with fertility, sexuality, escapism, and acceptance. Contrastly, INLAND EMPIRE is far more thematically complex and my notes included one page of around 35 intertwined relations between its symbols and another or random notes that outlined the story...and for the record, I print incredibly small.




  18. #774
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    11,449
    I like a nice head scratcher.

    Not related:

    Apparently Galacticus will be represented in the FF2 film as a gianty cloud. How disappointing.

    Also the bloke who did the original vboice for Optimus Prime in the Transformers is doing his voice in the movie too!






    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

         Steroidify

      Napsgear

      MusclePay




 

 
Page 43 of 243 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.