Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 128 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 2,287 to 2,304 of 2343
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good session timmy! legs got swole?

Tim's Journeyman Log

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    Shouldn't you be doing endless dropsets of partial leg extensions as part of your BB'ing split?
    lol!

nice session timbo. After reps on front squats with 110kg i heave at the thought of back squats :O well done

This space is intentionally left blank, DO NOT type in the space.

OK.
    -Line

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ben: my leg extension can't go super heavy to really blast the quads so I have to resort to inferior exercises.

Kurt: my favourite Gilbert song. My brother in law introduced me to him, but I only like some of his stuff.

Jono: not swole but definitely sore. The GMs have my hammys anihilated.

Mike: I'm a fan of doing the "light" exercise then doing the "heavy" exercise straight after it. Does knock the weights you can use around a fair bit though, but works wonders on the legs. I'm really lacking some quad strength and mass, well legs in general (they used to be a strength, but I've added size to my back and suddenly they look light).

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just a quick update: I've been working my butt off this week to get a whole heap of work done before I go on holidays. As a result I was too tired to train. The only thing I did was a refresher circuit. 3-5 sets of pullups and front squats. Front squats were 50-80kg and pullups were BW. Good to get the blood pumping.

So I'm on holiday now. The most I'll do is some beach sprints. I need a break to read some books and play with my new toy:

Tim's Journeyman Log
    Awesome little amp. Does absolutely everything from super cool cleans to some really heavy rock/metal. Doesn't do super high gain metal on its own, but I have a pedal for that.

Egnater make a 30W Rebel amp that is also pretty good. I couldn't get it to sound as awesome at low volumes. Really needed to crank it up too much to use it. Since I was after a small amp to step down from my Marshall 100W (and actually do a decent clean sound) this little beast fit the bill perfectly.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    Aussie Lift-Off

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

have fun on your holiday man!

Tim's Journeyman Log

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

word in the streets is Tim gave up lifting and is now a pilates junkie.

I hope everything is going well timmy, IIRC you said you were very stressed or something? no time for much e-drama?

No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Re: Tim's Journeyman Log

Just caught up on your log, Tim. Sorry about the illness, btw. Hope whatever it is you get it worked out. An old aikido buddy of mine had thyroid issues for years that messed up his workouts until he got it diagnosed and fixed. Good that your hormones/such are normal. get better!

Given that, nice workouts! Nice deads and benches. How much you weigh these days?

slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    word in the streets is Tim gave up lifting and is now a pilates junkie.
    I hope everything is going well timmy, IIRC you said you were very stressed or something? no time for much e-drama?
    Don't knock pilates. Great way to meet hot chicks. Just be warned that you have to make sure they know you aren't gay.

Stress is one way to put it. I seemed to have turned a corner sometime last week. I got under a barbell to squat not long after and suddenly it felt right again.

Quote Originally Posted by lifterdead View Post
    Just caught up on your log, Tim. Sorry about the illness, btw. Hope whatever it is you get it worked out. An old aikido buddy of mine had thyroid issues for years that messed up his workouts until he got it diagnosed and fixed. Good that your hormones/such are normal. get better!

Given that, nice workouts! Nice deads and benches. How much you weigh these days?
    Don't worry I'm getting treatment and I seemed to have turned a corner. I was weighing about 90kg and was reasonably lean. Of late I'm sitting at 89kg but noticeably fatter. I've really dropped fitness too, so I've got an exercise bike and plan on upping my cardio from none to some.

So with the turn around I feel my lifting will improve and I plan to lean up as I get back into exercising more solidly.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    Aussie Lift-Off

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Those are awesome news tim, i'm glad to hear you feel better and are ready to start training again. Keep us updated!

No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ I've been training all this time, just instead of doing a weeks worth of workouts in a week it happens over a fortnight or whatever with huge gaps and no energy when I do train.

I squatted last night and felt great and am ready to do cardio or bench this evening.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    Aussie Lift-Off

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Go Timbo, fight that onset of old age!

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ok treatment is going through cycles, but my lifting has generally been good. Anyone on Facepage will have noticed a few PB's of late. Now I should contextualise these as they are exercises I don't normally train, nor push beyond, so a PB is not that staggering in exercises I don't do often.

Current training (in order):
    Squat day - 5-10 sets of Front squats, 2-3 sets each of GMs and Split squats, 5 sets of single leg calf raises, 2 sets of high rep BB calf raises.
    Bench day - 5-10 sets of Floor presses, 2-3 sets of Incline DB bench, 2-3 sets of high rep pushups.
    Back day - 3 sets Deadlift (warmup), Rack deadlift (below knee) 5-10 sets, 5-10 sets of weighted Pullups, 2-3 sets of 2.5" Thick Bar DB rows (Kroc style, have just changed over from BB row).
    Shoulders and arms - 5-10 sets of Military presses, 2-3 sets of Seated DB shoulder presses, 4-6 sets of BB bicep curls, 4-6 sets of Band tricep ext (will swap this for sissy triceps this week), 2 sets of BB reverse curls, 4-6 sets of gripper work.
    Other days - compulsory 20-30mins of cardio on the spin bike. 30mins is the goal on days that aren't affected by squat day, otherwise I'm just happy to not cramp up by the 20min mark with the stiff legs from squats.

As you can see the regime is dead easy.

Current Bests/level:
    Military press - 72.5kg (PB is 85kg for reps)
    Seated DB press - 37kgx5 (PB is 50x2)
    BB bicep curl - 65kgx3 (PB 70kg, although form was questionable and I haven't had an arms day in a decade)
    Floor Press - 140kg last night (PB 145kg)
    DB incline press - 40kgx5 (PB 55kgx3)
    Rack deadlift - 250kgx2 (New PB)
    Pullups - BW+33kgx5 (PB BW+55kgx2)
    2.5" thick bar row - 40kg x20 (this is the first time I have used the 2.5" bar for rows, grip is usually fried by the end of the workout as well)
    Front squat - 140kg (PB as of last week)
    Split squat - 80kgx10 (PB is 105kgx8, or 115kgx3, which ever you want to compare, high or low reps)
    GM - 80kg x15 (PB ??)

So travelling well on the second tier exercises. If I can keep on pushing through I will change my BF around and be ready to tackle real training again sometime early next year.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    Aussie Lift-Off

Solid efforts Timmy!!! Especially with the deads.

She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good job tim, some big numbers already. Keep us updated.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

some great lifts there tim! solid front squat and floor press. also really heavy rack deadlift, did the pull start over or below the knees?

Glory glory man united!!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I didn't realise the 250 was a double! Good work!

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks guys. I'm not promising to update this log regularly, as I don't need another reminder of my ups and downs. I will try to record any ups though.

Ironheart the pull is from below the knees. Previously I had pulled 257.5kg from above the knee, so this has been great to have another ~22cm ROM.

Benno the double was interesting as my hands were just crushed. The second one got locked and then I just had to drop it, callouses were killing me.

Skippy you'll be pleased to hear that I ripped the arse out of my shorts prior to that 140kg front squat.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    Aussie Lift-Off

Awesome ahaha

She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions