Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 13 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Glex
    By the way, you meant 1.5, not BW x 2.5 ...otherwise you'd be C&Jing 210 kilos!
    No I plan on lifting that much....... Nah typo! I'll fix that, good pick up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunen
    Do you have someone to teach you? I think the catch is the hardest part to get down
    No, but those links I sent, one of the forums you can post up videos and have coaches assess them. I may join a club after I've gotten to a semi-competitive level (you have to be a member to compete).

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280
    Haha. So two votes for leave it like it is, two for a bit of info on my progress, and two for pics of me naked.

Any more votes?
    Sign me up!!!

Just to update on the weightlifting. I posted in Tunen's log that I wouldn't mind competing in weightlifting at a state level. I've looked up the national results for the 85kg division and I would need a 200kg total to be top 10. My goals were 1.2xBW snatch and 1.5xBW C&J which would be 100+125.

So at the moment my max lifts (after a whole 2-3 weeks) are 75 and ~95 (less sure as the jerk is killing me, I can clean 100+). This means I'd need about 25kg on the snatch and about 30 or more on the C&J. I'm pretty confident after last nights snatches that as I get more practice my lifts will improve and naturally bump the total up. This is without the increases in strength that should come as well.

I'm thinking that 12-16 weeks should see me near those goals. Any balloon bursters? Is that unrealistic? Remember trained individual with no real experience in these lifts.
    I say go for it! Looks like you are doing great. Good luck Timmy.

Banshee

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee
    Sign me up!!! (for naked pics)
    I don't want you to leave your hubby.

And thanks for the vote of confidence. I power cleaned 100kg easily warming up for deadlifts. So if I can just get this stuff overhead I can be confident of competing at a state level.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Tunen and I don't have hubbies

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Tunen and I don't have hubbies
    Thank the lord for small mercies.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

After a weekend spent putting a ceiling up at my brothers "new" house I pushed my training schedule back a day from Monday to Tuesday. Still didn't feel particularly inspired to train.

When I feel this way I click onto my BBing videos on the computer, and some of the training pics. Usually Tom Platz's 500lb for 23 reps gets me fired up. This time around it was a photo of a pretty impressive weightlifter.
    Name:  RAY3.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  0

With this dose of inspiration I pulled on my shoes, grabbed my barbell and headed for the japanese sand garden (in winter its the lawn). C&J warmups were a breeze, the test came when I put BW on the bar. After last weeks easy efforts on the clean, I knew that the thing I really needed to work on was the jerk (and front squat, more on that later). As I get tired, especially when supersetting with SLDL's, the jerk lacks the push and drop under to nail it every time. A lot of this is just psycological, and telling myself what needs to be done helps get back under the bar.

To get the bar back to the power rack I cleaned and walked it over, before lining up the front squats. There was a time in my rehab that there was only a 10kg difference between my front and back squats. Well no longer. Its been awhile since I did them and I'm still getting the "bar rolling off shoulders" problem rather than the "Oooo my legs are on fire". So I did them weightlifting style (which is much harder on the wrists), and the problem lessened, but so did the blood flow to my hands......

Incline bench and chinups continue to be a tail-end effort. So little energy left, so I expect so little progress from this pairing. Though I have decided to add a volumising set to them, just to do some higher rep sets for the upper body. I finished with my wrist roller, some band triceps, and inner biceps. The inner biceps was a completely different feeling, and I'll need that to balance out the overloading of the long head from everything else.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nice job Tim! I really enjoyed reading about your session...when I read it, it flowed kinda like poetry. Like that "when the iron rides high" poem. I know that sounds cheesy but its true! Glad your training is going well.

Repped!

Banshee

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Name:  RAY3.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  0
    Dude, where'd you get my picture?

I hear ya on the front squats. I tried the wrist strap idea and couldn't get it to work right. I saw a harness for front squats and I really want one now.

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

that pics mental what was he doing a flip??lol good luck with your olympic lifts il be sure to keep an eye out for your log its entertaining to read

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Banshee: Thanks, I'm a frustrated writer at heart. One day I'll actually sit down and write some of the ideas I have. At least I know that in the meantime my free-flow writing is getting the desired message across.

Glex: Wow you competed at the Athens Olympics!!!
    I only read about the straps for front squats, so I'm as stumped on how to get them into position too. I'm thinking Dave Draper's front squat device is looking good.

Football: I think thats the Greek lightweight guy that set the world record celebrating. I've got another pic of him jumping in the air after dropping the weight, he gets some serious air! Just shows how athletic these lifters are.

Thanks all for stopping by and sharing in the journey!

Tonight will be snatches, bench, rows etc, and tomorrow I'm possibly taking a free pass to a "Power Yoga" class at the missus' gym.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Global warming has struck again. My nice summers days have been transformed into cool, windy, and had me training in a long sleeve shirt. I was feeling a bit off, so I decided things should be mixed up a bit. I decided to barefoot my workout.

The snatches are feeling good, but like the jerk, I'm not pulling myself under the bar quick enough and deep enough. I'll work on that with some snatch dips (basically stand with bar on shoulders, then drop under it with no movement of the bar downwards).

The benches sucked the big one. My form was sloppy, and my second set was far better than my first, all with a weight I'd found 'easy' the week before. Fortunately my rows didn't suck, and were interesting to do without shoes on. Something about gripping the ground with your toes that makes your whole body feel conected.

Finally the lunges and hammy curls were hit, and hit hard. I did a couple of high rep sets to finish off after the intitial sets. Now amazingly my calves were feeling a pump from the lunges. Digging into the ground (read shock absorbing foam flooring) and keeping me stable, I felt as if training legs with shoes on was a bit of a crime. I did a bit of band work between sets for arms and scaps, and some pinch grip work, just to allow myself to recover between the 20 rep sets. So rare that I do that many reps that every now and again I need to do it.

After this session, I have to say that while I made the most of it, I am probably due for a back off week soon. The stress of running out of funding and having to get part time work to support this thesis/science habit is getting to me.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Goin old school with the whole barefoot thing, glad it worked for you, mabye you should start working out without shoe from now on and didnt your feet get cold??

"Sweat baby, sweat baby, sex is a Texas drought

me and you do the kind of stuff that only prince would sing about

So put your hands down my pants and i bet you'll feel nuts!!!" - BloodHound Gang

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks for stopping by Delgado!

I usually train in shoes, but I took them off for the day. Its the middle of summer here, so even though it wasn't a normal hot summers day, it was still warm enough to train without getting cold feet (LOL).

I'm going to try it again with squats, especially if I have a back off week. I used to train without shoes on squats when I was new to lifting. I was copying the pictures I'd seen of Arnie and Dave Draper training legs.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I used to do quite a lot of snatch dips and they rule! I got a great feel for hitting the bottom position. Do you do snatch squats as well?

Training bare-foot huh? Don't you need heels for some of the moves?

20 reps??? On bench or what? (yes, I'd still like som e numbers )

Tim's Journeyman Log
    I'll suplex your ass Brian Dawkins style :wutyousay:

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

haha "i felt as if training with shoes on was a bit of a crime" I know how you feel. I hate most gyms shoes on policy. If i could go shoeless i would.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Tunen
    I used to do quite a lot of snatch dips and they rule! I got a great feel for hitting the bottom position. Do you do snatch squats as well?

Training bare-foot huh? Don't you need heels for some of the moves?

20 reps??? On bench or what? (yes, I'd still like som e numbers )
    I need to get myself down under the bar so I'll be starting to do a lot of these moves on off days (advantage of just having a bar setup on the rack in the backyard), or as warmups (greese that groove).

I'm training on my japanese sand garden (I.e. the grass dies off at the begining of summer) so having a bit of angle forward isn't really and issue. I can just dig my toes in a bit. I don't think I'll do the weightlifting stuff without shoes again though, need to be a bit more stable.

The 20(-30) reps were for band work on arms, external rotor work, and the last set of lunges and hammy curls. I do tend to drop 15kg off the bench and rows though and hit a submax set for ~10-12 reps. So its not a drop set (which would be pushed to failure), rather a pump set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle
    haha "i felt as if training with shoes on was a bit of a crime" I know how you feel. I hate most gyms shoes on policy. If i could go shoeless i would.
    Completely! There are some times when no shirt and no shoes just feels better when training. Most gyms are dead against that. When I used to train barefoot, I only got away with it because my training partner was a bouncer, and mates with the manager (no one was going to argue with him!!).

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I've never trained shoeless, but I bet it's glorious

-glex

I've never trained shoeless, but I bet it's glorious
    You should try it you'll fell just like THE OAK himself?

]Kyokushin Karate Record 5-0....MMA Record 2-0
    United States Marine Corps.......helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775
    U.S.M.C - 2004-????
    L. Corporal(LCPL) Suarez
    Scout Sniper-GYSGT-LCPL1

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions