Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Tim: You have to stop posting while drunk, I picked up several spelling mistakes!

Glex: There are some big guys that just seem to have big calves regardless. A friend of mine has huge calves, especially for a petite girl. She claims its from ballet!

Philo: Yes I have read that one. I think the goal with that is slightly different, as it aims at post tentanic facilitation. This is more Ian King style training.

Serb: And rightly so!!! In pounds that would even be too light for a backoff day. Although it wasn't that long ago that a leg day involved really light stuff. Its been two years since my knee injury. Since that time I went from not being able to squat (or bend my knee) to doing parallel squats with 180kgx8, to then doing ATG with my current stuff (the 132.5kg would be ~5RM). I think that the ATG is so much harder to do, and seems a more natural squat.

Did an upper body workout last night.

But you know I'm not going to comment on it. Instead I'm going to have a brief shot at all the recent knockers on this board. This is all addressed to those that have been critical of "lightweights" giving advice.

I weigh roughly 185lbs (at 12%). Last November I had hit a peak of 190 (didn't test but I thought I was leaner than 12%) when I was touring the USA. I soon after crashed from a double allergic reaction and have only gained back half the weight I lost. Now on my light frame anywhere between 180 and 190 looks quite muscular, but well proportioned. Any heavier and my head starts looking too small.

Of late there has been a number of posts by people condemning lifters for not being heavy enough. These posters are usually naive, stupid, ignorant, or just plain arseholes, but where do they get off having a go at me?! Just because I choose not to be 220lbs this somehow makes my knowledge and experience invalid. By this logic there isn't a trainer on Earth qualified to help some of these guys.

So I'd just like to say; If you think you are so hardcore, if you think you are so big and strong, come and train with me for a week!! If even one of you pathetic losers can walk in my shoes for a week I doubt any of you would open your big fat mouths again!

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280
    Tim: You have to stop posting while drunk, I picked up several spelling mistakes!
    I was wondering about that and all the excessive exclamation points!!!

That's gay about the 'lightweight' knockers; you can still out-squat me and I weigh 30 more pounds than you. I'm sure that goes for others

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Yeh I was on a high after the quizz night and couldn't sleep. If I had had to walk home it would have sobered me up for sleep, but we had all these prizes.

As for the knockers; well they keep saying "oh you don't know how to eat and train to get really big", "what experience do you have?" and the like. In all fairness I don't know what it is like to be really big, and to some extents this is a valid argument. Except that the rule book doesn't change, the knowledge learned doesn't change. I haven't competed in a lifting event so I don't comment on that, but I do know where to find out all about how to prepare and can advise.

And yes one of the critiques was bragging about their lifts (190kg deadlift at 110kg) which was inferior to mine at ~15-20kg less bodyweight. I can't claim to be competitively strong, but I have surpassed what is regarded as "good strength" levels (1.5xBW bench, 2.0 squat, 2.5 Dead, 0.5 pullup/chin/dip). Most can't claim this.

And I'm ranting again

Actually: My Goals;
    For 5 reps (note: not a 5RM but what I could do for 5 reps easily and would consider for a 5x5)
    1.5x BW bench
    2.0x BW ATG squat
    1.5x BW ATG front squat
    1.5x BW SLDL (back straight version, slight knee bend)
    0.5+BW Chinup, pullup (dip is already at this level and don't really have a goal for it)

General
    90-100kg snatch
    120-40kg clean
    110kg+ jerk
    Improve dynamic lunge to previous static lunge level (100kgx5)
    Do a one arm chin (Tweak you have inspired me!)

Don't really have a deadlift goal, but would like somewhere in the order of 210kgx5.
    Would also like to go into a commercial gym again and clean my front squat weight to the shoulder and perform my set. I think that would wow a few people and stoke my petty inner ego.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well I lifted this evening in a really short session. Basically did some snatches and C&J's. The snatch was good up until the 80kg mark. The C&J went flying up for 90kg, and I'd guess I was good for 95-100kg depending on how well I get my hands set on the bar. Oh and 90kgx2 on the C&J is a PB!!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Awesome

-glex

Congrats on the PB - that's some impressive lifting for sure.
    Don't worry about the "heavyweight" idiots. I weight a lot less than people think so I haven't weighed myself for months to avoid the "I thought you'd be more than that" sneers. If you look it and can lift it, who cares about the bodyweight. Keep doing what you're doing fella, you know what you're doing and it's working which is what counts.

awesome , if i live where you liced you would be my trainer

]Kyokushin Karate Record 5-0....MMA Record 2-0
    United States Marine Corps.......helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775
    U.S.M.C - 2004-????
    L. Corporal(LCPL) Suarez
    Scout Sniper-GYSGT-LCPL1

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Congrats on the PB - that's some impressive lifting for sure.
    Don't worry about the "heavyweight" idiots. I weight a lot less than people think so I haven't weighed myself for months to avoid the "I thought you'd be more than that" sneers. If you look it and can lift it, who cares about the bodyweight. Keep doing what you're doing fella, you know what you're doing and it's working which is what counts.
    i know alot of people get caught up on weight, i think the best way of gauging yourself is the mirror and how you feel .

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex: Thanks!

Rocky: Thanks! Compared to how many PB's you've been racking up though.......... Oh and I think it is just one of those internet war things. Every noob seems to be a +240lb monster with a 500 bench, in reality they probably still live at home in their parents basement, and have never lifted in their lives.

Natureboy: It would be good to have a training partner again!!! With someone like you there I'd have to find something extra every session

German Joe: Thats a good point! At various times people have thought I weighed far more than I actually do. Then again I underestimated Tweak's weight yesterday.

It was back into the swing again last night. It was an interesting start to the evening when I was pulling on the rope to tie the weight around my waist. Short story short, the rope broke and smashed a hole in the floor padding I have! Good thing I have the reflexes of a nervous cat on amphetamines. So the session had to continue with a shorter rope once I was able to splice the ends together.

Upper body day:
    Warmup;
    General Tim warmup maddness, except done in front of the news on TV. It was cold outside and the Federal Budget was being reported and we are looking to buy a house, so wanted to know what was going on with that.

Worksets;
    Dips
    BW x10
    32.5kg x4
    BW x10
    32.5kg x3

Pullups
    BW x10
    32.5kg x3
    BW x10
    32.5kg x1 (need to repeat this next week)

Single arm OHP
    32kg x6
    32kg x5

Thick grip chins
    BWx3
    BWx3
    BWx3

Single leg Donkey Calf raise
    32.5x10
    32.5x8
    32.5x6

V raises
    7kg x6
    6kg x8

Bicep curl
    22kg x10
    22kg x10

OH Tricep ext
    22kg x6
    22kg x6

Band ext for bi's, tri's, chest, middle back, and external rotors

Later in the evening I measured my legs. It is now two years since I injured my knee! My upper thigh measured 26" cold, and the lower VMO's are now both equal at just over 17". My calves are smaller than they used to be at right on 16". So I can now start worrying about other things. I'm thinking I need bigger arms, calves, more middle and lower back (traps and lats), and just a bit more chest.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Single arm OHP
    32kg x6
    32kg x5
    What are these? I did a few searches and couldn't figure it out Overhead press, maybe? Overhead projector? That's what google is telling me

That's great about your legs getting back to normal

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Basically OHP stands for overhead press. I prefer it as a term instead of shoulder presses, as it is more accurate. I'm doing them single arm for a couple of reasons. I seem to have a bit of shoulder strength lacking, and my right side is stronger, so doing them independently illicits a stronger isolateral workout. The second is that I have dumbbells that have screw on ends, so the end cap has lovely bits that stick into your thigh when getting ready to hoist to the shoulder. When the bells get heavy they get harder to manouvere because of this, so having them lighter than I would normally use is a good thing.

I'm pleased that the legs are back to normal too Nothing like two years of hard work paying off, especially as I'm probably stronger through a greater ROM, and I don't seem to have the inner thigh rubbing I used to get.

Great news about the legs. There's improvement right there worthwhile.
    Those chins are crazy - 32.5kg!!! I might try doing waves on chins today actually just as a little something different. You've inspired me!

Damn man, those chins are outstanding, i have enough doing them with just my bodyweight and u add 32,5 kg!! Awesome man

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rocky: I just saw what you add for doing dips My chins pale by comparison. And the legs have another bit of good news (read below).

Bulkboy: I'm reasonably happy with the chins too, but I'm going to have to get another rope now. The dips are continuing to progress, but I didn't make all the reps in the second set of chins, so I'll have to have two "belts". Plus I might need a 3rd one for my higher rep sets in between.......

My legs session last night had a new piece of equipment: knee sleeves. Now I was wearing one when I was travelling to stop my knee swelling up too much, but haven't used one in my training since. I don't see them as a crutch to training, but I also didn't see much long term value to them. Boy was I wrong!! My patella has been clicking a little on some reps of dynamic lunges, no such issue last night, it has been "grinding" on some warmup sets at depth, not a whisper, add to that how warmed up the knees felt from the get go and they have earned a place in my leg workouts!

Lower body day:

Warmups: One day I will describe these when I can be bothered.

Work sets:
    Squats
    135kg x3
    115kg x8
    135kg x2
    115kg x3 (absolutely spent)

SLDL
    118kg x3
    98kg x8
    118kg x2
    98kg x5

At this point I actually wrote in my log "Had enough" and was going to go inside. But then I realised that I was being a wimp, and that next week would be a deload anyway. So a dragged my sorry arse back to the rack.

Dynamic lunge
    60kg x6
    60kg x6 (these felt great for the first time ever)

Hammy curl
    19kg x8
    19kg x8 (doing these differently now, pointing the toe on the eccentric = harder)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

At this point I actually wrote in my log "Had enough" and was going to go inside. But then I realised that I was being a wimp, and that next week would be a deload anyway. So a dragged my sorry arse back to the rack.
    Good on ya, and you finished strong

-glex

real good leg session, with some good weights on both the sldl's and squats. how u training? u seem like u know alot about it...

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Way to suck it up and get it done, and done good too. Glad the sleeves made all the right difference!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex:

Bulkboy: I'm happy with the squat, as I'm not far off doing Ass-To-Grass squats with what I once did to parallel (I was doing sets of 150kg just before I did my knee, though have since shattered that). The SLDL's are Ok but I really need to either swap bars to do them or get another rotating collar bar. The current bar is thinner and has a bend that wants to roll out of my hand making it hard to hold, a problem I don't have with my other bar.

Rocky: I just can't believe I haven't used them sooner! I'm against all training supports, but these were more like wearing socks with shoes: Suddenly comfortable! My knees felt warm and the patella was tracking properly, all good stuff.

Last nights upper body session

Warmups:
    Neede plenty, it was cold and I was late home from work after drinks.

Work sets:
    Bench
    115kg x3
    95kg x8
    115kg x3 (ground these out)
    95kg x7 (last one was hard, but should have tried for one more)

DB Rows
    58.5kg x3
    48.5kg x8
    58.5kg x3
    48.5kg x8

Pushups
    BW+5kg x12

Fatmans
    BW+5kg x12

Biceps
    50x4
    50x1 (spent)

Triceps thingy (I think they may be called sissy tricep ext...)

Wrist roller (thick bar)
    18.5kg x1
    18.5kg x1

I don't know that I worked my chest and back as hard as I could have. Felt as though I left something on the bar even though I couldn't grind out any more reps on the sets. This is bad going into a backoff week. The arms felt good though, could barely write down the last few numbers in my log.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions