Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

good session and interestings warmups, im taking good note on em

2008 will be different,

IT WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE.

Tim's Journeyman Log

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Glad you're on the mend and it showed in that session. Quite a lot of work and very respectable weight!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good weights on the bench Tim. Session is looking good as always

liberation trough self brutalization, real men don't fear pain and thus can't be controlled.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

how many yrs have you been training tim? awesome stats and mesurements

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex: By the time we rack up 5000 total Pain will have sold again and we will be at a new forum.

Deathmaggot: The main thing is it works!

Rocky: The hand was suprisingly strong too. It handled the thick bar pretty well. Now I feel confident to include deadlifts again in a few weeks. I'll probably alternate the Deadlifts with C&J/Snatch workouts.

Philo: Thanks dude. I'm looking to have a bit more strength on the bench and a bit more muscle on my chest.

Max-OT: I've been doing gym training for about 10-11yrs and have owned dumbbells that I lifted before that since I was 16 (13yrs). But I haven't been looking to gain much weight for a few years (aside from set backs that require rebuilding) as I don't want to go outside of the 180-190lb range. Basically I'm refining things now.

I did a Front squat and Snatch/C&J workout the other day. My mind wandered to the idea of doing this particular workout in a commercial gym. For starters I was cleaning my front squat weight first before squatting. Second I was doing sets of snatches and C&J's.

Neither of things is something that is done in gyms. For starters weightlifting lifts are hard, and marked as dangerous because of their toughness to do. Cleaning your front squat weight (the later rarely done as well) is just unheard of. That's just silly!

I was imagining the looks on people's faces as I did the hard yards on the platform, while they sat staring from the preacher curl bench. I remembered the lines I had read in a "Weight Training" book at a store "Pulling with your arms to clean to the shoulder" and how wrong they were.

A small part of me loves being different in the gym. It entertains me to know that most people have no idea of what productive training is about. But mostly it saddens me. I've had arguements with trainers before about training, most have no idea what they are talking about, others have found a way to train and are closed to any other methods. These people are the frontline, they are the beginers first point of contact, and they are filling peoples heads with another generation of bullshit.

So when I train in a gym, I am there to set the example. I make sure that I am not only training hard, but that I don't do any fluffy exercises. I make sure that people see me enjoying lifting, I make sure that every rep is 'perfect', and I make sure that if anyone wants to chat about training that they get their answers without interupting my workout.

I encourage you all to strive to be better at training. Don't lock yourself into the narrow minded training spectrum touted by the mainstream (splits ), and be there letting the next generation coming through that the path is over this way, not with the franchise shirt and head trainer badge.

Nicely said Tim. I think the problem often is that the trainers push the conventional less effective methods becuase it's what the majority want. Most trainers want to do what other people do and it just becomes a vicious cycle because it is simply what is expected and accepted as "normal" training.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I used to do that by pressing the 100 lbs dumbells at the YMCA

"Wow...he did the biggest ones...CORRECTLY..."

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Didnt know you where that tought man!
    those WORKING SETS look great!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rocky: I don't think its that simple. People have certain expectations from the media as to what exercise is, sure, but that doesn't mean that we have to blindly follow that. I know most housewives/etc think of exercise as aerobics and the like, but that myth can be busted straight away in the consult when they join, as the trainer is "more knowledgeable"!!! But yes it does become a vicious cycle of dogma and lunacy.

Glex: It's amazing what impresses some people too. If you bench a decent weight, everyone stand about staring, if you do a deadlift though they just think you are stupidly trying to hurt your back.

Hypo: If I was really tough I would have not been a wimpering mess when I did my knee. But thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280
    If you bench a decent weight, everyone stand about staring, if you do a deadlift though they just think you are stupidly trying to hurt your back.
    !
    lol I hear that!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rocky: I may get to go to a gym and train next week. I'm already planning on doing a leg day with glute-ham raises done on one of the lat pulldowns if possible.

Yesterday I had a shitty day with work. Then the movers came to collect some of our stuff to move to the new town where my girl has started work, and where I will be soon. I managed to be so distracted I forgot the fridge and TV that were meant to go.

I took it out on the weights. It was a good session, and I felt set for more. That can wait until I up the weight next week!

Upper body:
    Warmup - you know the drill now.

Work sets
    Bench
    117.5kg x3
    97.5kg x8
    117.5kg x2
    97.5kg x7 (felt good and will be 120kg and 100kg next week)

Thick bar DB Row
    60kg x3
    50kg x8
    60kg x3
    50kg x7 (these felt like my form was better this week with less upper trap involvement)

Pushups
    5kg x15

Fatman pullups
    5kg x12

Tricep thingy
    8 (did these with the bar set 2" lower, so should have been ~10% harder)

Bicep curl
    50kg x4
    50kg x4 (suprisingly good, rows were obviously too easy)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Bench
    (felt good and will be 120kg and 100kg next week)
    Sounds good to me, man.

Sorry about the TV and fridge Although that sounds suspiciously like someone was wanting to watch the football game and have a brewski...

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

We've got 2 fridges and 2 TV's (actually 2 everything). She was going to have the ones not being used at the moment (as she's at her parent's so less fridge space needed and less arguments about what to watch).

But now they will likely have to make a special pickup for them, or I'll have to lug them over.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ah. Whoops.

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Felt really bad about it last night. The movers were doing there thing, I was certain I had told them to pack everything on the list (without refering to it) and went and hit the iron.

Then I went make my shake and realised I still had 2 fridges, and Catherine would have none....... Great way to keep a long distance relationship going!!

She just calmly said that she would either get them to pick it up, or I'd have to lunk it and the TV up myself on one of the work utes.

Worlds worst boyfriend award runner up is: TIM!!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex: It's amazing what impresses some people too. If you bench a decent weight, everyone stand about staring, if you do a deadlift though they just think you are stupidly trying to hurt your back.
    only a serious guy in my gym did DL and i copyed him
    he is much more impresive than me but we only do it, people stare at us, but they dont think "they will hurt theirselves" they think "what the fuck is that thing?"

2008 will be different,

IT WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE.

Tim's Journeyman Log

Nice work Tim. Bench is strong. lol - I did glute ham raises on the pulldown machine when I was doing police training and got some funny looks. Good for you for doing them. My hams are pretty strong and I find them damn hard.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Deathmaggot: It seems that deadlifts are the serious trainers exercise. You only do them if you are the real deal. I've only seen one gym where deadlifts and Cleans (etc) are done by normal gym attendees, but they do them for reps, not properly at all. Hell C&J's and Snatches have to be done for low reps to get the technique correct due to the high level of HTMU involvement!!!!

Rocky: I'm looking forward to next weeks bench session. It's been a long while since I've easily handled +120kg without shoulder impingement problems. I was actually suprised how good I was at glute-ham raises when I found a proper GH. But doing ones on a pulldown may rank with natural GH raises, FUCKING HARD!

Todays session was legs.

Warmups:
    Leg swings
    Butt kicks
    Knee-to-chest's
    BW squats
    BW RDL
    BW Lunge
    11.5kg Leg ext with lateral rotation of foot (VM activation)

Squats
    60kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x2
    130kg x1

SLDL
    50kg x3
    90kg x3
    110kg x2

Work sets:
    Squat
    137.5kg x3
    117.5kg x6
    137.5kg x1
    117.5kg x3 (Repeating next week, was hoping next week would be 140kg for my gym visit)

SLDL
    120kg x3
    100kg x8
    120kg x2
    100kg x6 (repeat)

Pistol squats

BW Squats

Hammy curls
    19kg x6
    19kg x8

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising