Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 32 of 131 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Nice set up Tim. Very nice indeed.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

it's defiantly dark there brother like a dam dungeon

*Natural Pro Bodybuilder*

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Well does he Glex?
    Nope These things are absolutely crazy looking. I'll let you guys know if I figure it out.

Nice set up, Tim. Once you get settled in at work and with the drought we'll see some more improvements

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

ey tim how is it going?

nice set up, i wish i had a room in my house to do it, but i dont know if i could working out alone..

2008 will be different,

IT WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE.

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rocky: And I've worked out how I can do glute ham raises here. I'll use the wall as a foot plate.

Turkish: Ironically it is outside on my patio.

Glex: Oh well, best way is to go in and harass a guitar store clerk. The last ones I dealt with were more concerned about discussing their weekend and the bands they saw. Gotta annoy those bastards! And yeh the work should settle down a bit and my training should get more organised.

Deathmaggot: Wishing doesn't make it happen, doing does! I started out buying a bench and bar second hand, and then bought some weight plates. I've slowly built up stuff to what I have now. Start small and add to it, but only if you have the room.

Deadlifted, C&J, and snatched over the weekend. Pulled 190kg, C&J for reps with 80kg (will use 90 next time, but this time it was just a warmup for deads), Snatched 80kg (PB and it was easy), and finished with some farmers walks and calf raises. Did the farmers walks with my 2.5" thick bars with 32kg. Managed 30m, 20m, and 13m. Next time I want to do 3x20m with 35kg.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i think that wishing is the only way to make a room pop up in my small apartment, i have no space left in this small "hamster-house" !_!

2008 will be different,

IT WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE.

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Deathmaggot: Yeh the most you could hope for in that instance is some dumbbells, maybe a bench.

Well last nights workout blowed chunks.

I had gotten to my 3rd work set when I felt a strange cramping sensation in part of my pec. I lightened off 20kg and it was still there, so I stopped. I have either done a very minor tear (like really bad DOMS) or I'm not recovering well and cramping alot when I train. This really did feel like cramp leading to unduestrain on the muscles and could have caused a tear.

As such I will just do BW stuff this week, next week I will do high reps stuff, for maybe another two weeks, before heading back to heavy stuff. So I will change over to sets of 12-15 for everything (unweighted chins, pushups with weight, single leg squats, etc)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

outside on teh patio, now that is what i hardcoreeeeee

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Hi tim, too bad about your pain, at least you've detected it and are wise enough to calm down for a while. There's nothing worse than a bad-healed injury, they come back once and again forever, so well done. Hope it heals soon.

Cheers.

No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Turkish: Yep. It's why I have little patience for those that say they find it hard to get motivated to workout. Seriously it is all about commitment, and saying that if you don't train in the cold and wet tonight then you won't be able to fit the program in at all this week (works most times for me).

Storm: Yeh I'm just glad I didn't decide to push through the pain like so many people would advocate. I'm not sure whether it was due to not being recovered, or that I've just started creatine, or both, or something else I've missed.

Actually on the creatine, I'm up about a kilo in a week. Now weighing 85.5kg dry in the morning (~188lb). I was scared I'd put on a bit of fat, but waist is the same (although that is up a bit over winter).

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i like the way you operate brother working out in the cold, wet weather...true dedication!!!!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Truth be told we are in a drought, so the rain is not really rain (its actually showers, as in isolated precipitation events of less than 5mm).

Yes my chest is feeling fine, I did some skipping (5 sets of 1min) in between pullups and chinups (alternate sets 10 reps each for 6 sets total). Unforturneately the glute ham raises didn't work out. I need some sort of a strap for my feet, so I think I will just make some sort of a plate and strap to bolt onto my rack and construct a padded knee frame.

I have a health check coming up at work next week. So I'm going to work on getting my flexibilty up (I.e. not being stiff), and perhaps some cardio to aid my resting HR and blood pressure. "But Tim it's only a week away, shouldn't you have already been doing this?" The answer is "yes" and "I have", just going to step it up a little to compensate for these light weeks while my chest "heals".

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    "But Tim it's only a week away, shouldn't you have already been doing this?" The answer is "yes" and "I have", just going to step it up a little to compensate for these light weeks while my chest "heals".
    Lol. It's not like you wouldn't pass without preparation.

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex: But I want to blitz it! You know were they hold you up as the yardstick for everyone else. Plus I want to blow their minds with what I eat.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I did something different this weekend; reps. I did them under constant tension, which for me is something I haven't done for a couple of years. It does mean that I found big exercises like front squats made me slightly dizzy from lack of oxygen, as you keep those reps coming rather than pausing for a quick breath. I got the weights roughly right so that I wasn't bouncing the weights, and so that I really kept the bar moving quickly, but they still felt light. I'm sure that if I was used to doing higher rep schemes that the weights would have been far too light.

Lower (Saturday)

Warmups

Work sets
    Front Squats
    60kgx15
    80kgx12
    80kgx12
    80kgx12

Single leg SLDL
    32kgx15
    42kgx15
    42kgx15
    42kgx15

Single leg calf
    47kgx8
    47kgx6
    47kgx8

Hmmm, seemed longer and harder than when I actually did it....

Upper (Sunday)

Warmup

Work sets
    Bench
    60kgx15
    80kgx12
    85kgx12
    85kgx12
    85kgx12

DB Rows
    32kgx15
    42kgx15
    42kgx12
    42kgx12
    42kgx12

Bicep curl
    40kgx8
    40kgx8

Tricep thingy

This should all help with my chest tweak. It didn't play up benching (as it was light weight baby) and I got a good pump and the muscles feel worked. It will be good just to do higher rep schemes for a few weeks just for fun too.

Looked nice - glad it didn't affect your chest and you got the benefit from it.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

nice weight on those front sqauts......good stuff for free weight front squats....i struggle getting the technique right, so i do them on a smith machine ( soft) but i cant keep the weight on my shoulders at all. nice dumbell rows too, good weight , good rep range

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nice little change up, and like you said, you guessed really well on what weights you needed.

-glex

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions