• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't want to write down twice what I do with my lifting. Instead I will recount the other stuff that happens while I work out. You know the clarity that comes from hefting the iron.

Yeh I probably shouldn't read Dave Draper's webpage ever again:disgust:

Well yesterday was upper body. As I warmed up with my cleans, presses, rows, cubans, and scapular raises I felt the cobwebs were hanging in my head more than normal. Few minutes of skipping cured that, I might have to go and jump rope as break from analysing data.

I grabbed the dumbbells for some shoulder presses. Standing there repping I felt tired so I decided to turn them into push presses at the end of the set to keep it going. Fuck you shoulders and triceps, work harder next time!:31_whip:

The pullups and incline benches were a breeze by comparison. The pullups I added weight to without realising and managed to get more reps than previous weeks. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

A few other exercises in their were taking their toll as I switched between exercise supersetting. I wanted to finish because it had suddenly gotten noticably colder, should have started when the sun was still up. The new exercise for shoulders, a dumbbell lateral extension, was a winner and will be back next week.

As I mixed my shake I felt relieved. Good to flush away the stress.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey tim! awesome you have a log mate cant wait for you to fill it to the brim with super duper workouts!!
and LMFAO at " Fuck you shoulders and triceps, work harder next time! "
LOL!!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Todays workout. I put it off for a bit. I wasn't keen to step up and squat today.

So out I stode into the cold to warm up. Then I retreated inside to retrieve a jumper and track pants. Any colder and the beanie would have been worn too.

I started light with the squats, still pissed about that Admin (edited). I have decided that my knee needs full ROM, none of this just below parallel anymore. I've gotta get this knee 100% before I get too old and arthritic. Bottoming out on all reps was going to be a challenge, as last week my depth was an issue. After supersetting SLDL my lower back was stiffening.

So I got my girlfriend to watch my form as I pulled out the big weights. I was absolutely amazed as I knocked out the same weight for more reps to about 4-5 inches more depth. I immediately started to strut as I loaded up for lunges and leg curls. Curls then proceeded to suck the big one. Breathing heavy into the pad I was thinking how people would say I'm a light weight on the hammys after such a good squat. "How about I cut out part of your hammy to fix your knee and see how you go." Can't believe I said that out load to no-one......

By the end of lunges my thighs were shaking. I could feel all the little parts, where the VMO inserts, the isotibial band, all fired up, all saying "Go on ya pussy give up!" I sure showed them. Even finished with some VMO and calves work.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey tim! awesome you have a log mate cant wait for you to fill it to the brim with super duper workouts!!
and LMFAO at " Fuck you shoulders and triceps, work harder next time! "
LOL!!!
Cheers Peanut!

I wanted to write a few things down from my workouts. Not the standard X sets and Y reps of exercises A, B & C.

Next workout may have to come early. Going to dinner with the parents so workout can either go back a day or bring them all forward.

P

Pain

VIP
Good stuff Tim, look forward to reading this one.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very creative, nice one mate.

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol at jorn
and no tim its very refreshing way of reading a log! what do you do for VMO?
im assuming you're doing it mostly ebcuase of your knee, that it isnt something you regularly include in your training but i could be wrong :) with clinic and post advice we were told about VMO leg extensions while just sitting off a bench or whatver are good as well as a modified one leg squat normal squat etc anyway - what is it aht youd o?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Like Evo said, very creative and a breath of fresh air. I like how your workouts unfold almost as a story. Each log seems to have it's own character and feel and I'm going to enjoy coming back here to check it out.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Q80_Musclehed

Q80_Musclehed

i'm glad that Tim started out his log :) .. i'm sure i will see a scintific stuff in here :) .. welcome to the log section brother :) .. looking forward to see the rest of ur log :)

Urs Q80

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers for the compliments guys!

And no Jorn I won't include pics of my girlfriend.... She's mine!!!

Peanut: The VMO work last night was leg extensions with feet rotated out. This apparently activates the VMO more (I have issues with the research this is based on). I've been including various exercises that are meant to target the VMO like step downs, 1/4 squats, and those leg ext, and when I was first rehabbing the ones you mentioned too. Of course I still get more out of stepups and bulgarian squats. Keeping a wide range of exercises in my leg work, something I never used to do.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
And no Jorn I won't include pics of my girlfriend.... She's mine!!!

Peanut: The VMO work last night was leg extensions with feet rotated out. This apparently activates the VMO more (I have issues with the research this is based on). I've been including various exercises that are meant to target the VMO like step downs, 1/4 squats, and those leg ext, and when I was first rehabbing the ones you mentioned too. Of course I still get more out of stepups and bulgarian squats. Keeping a wide range of exercises in my leg work, something I never used to do.
:iorofl: SHES MINE! LOL

Whats VMO tim?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vastius Medialis Obliqueus

That tear drop muscle on the medial side of the knee. Its seen as number one in knee rehab situations.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Vastius Medialis Obliqueus

That tear drop muscle on the medial side of the knee. Its seen as number one in knee rehab situations.

So if your point your toes outward while doing leg ext for instance more of the workload is placed on that area of the muscle?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This must be a Wednesday, its like every other day, but you are halfway to the weekend but you miss the one that?s just gone. Mid afternoon crept up and hit me with a headache, symptomatic of sitting in front of a computer all morning and adjusting to having to wear corrective lenses.:disgust:

I swear I preferred it when my eyes got fuzzy from too much computer work!

I welcomed a mid afternoon walk to exercise the dog. She is a lean mean ball chasing machine. As with all of our fur-kid family we are lean, fit, and strong, but only the dog gets compliments. The humans have to settle for jealousy.:mad:

Slightly refreshed it took all of 20 minutes before the headache returned and I was hanging out for my second upper body day of the week, bench and rows.:2:

As I warmed up the dog was tearing around the back yard and wanting to play tug-of-war. After indulging her for a bit I was aware that my hammys were tight, yesterday had obviously hit them hard, so I made a mental note to include good mornings to my warm-up and stretch and massage them later this evening.

As soon as the first rep went up I could feel my pulse in my temples and the bar wobble. Stupid headache, stupid glasses. The second rep swayed low, and I gritted my teeth ?Not today you don?t!? The crap first set done I found myself staring at the thick, rusty dumbbell handle completely ignoring the fact that I should have been rowing. I slugged back some water and dived straight in to the next few sets, determined that I?d actually get a good workout.

This worked well until the exercise change-over. Setting up the bars for dips and chins I completely lost that fire. I?d just received some photos of my ten year high school reunion, and was thinking how little everyone was. Tying the plates to my waist I found another motivator, if I ever go to one of those reunions I want the biggest arms. I blasted through the chins and dips and the curls and skull crushers, all the while urging for that extra half inch.

Finished for the day I wished I had added another few rows and benches. My arms were feeling good, but I couldn?t help but feel my back and chest lacked that same feeling.:(

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great read Tim. Sounds like you did enough, but if you're feeling lacking...get the buggers next time around. Excellent work mate.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but if you're feeling lacking...get the buggers next time around
Some unfinished business for next week!! Like the way you think Evo.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Everyone's has a less-than-perfect workout from time to time, Tim and you being able to admit you weren't feeling it more modesty than most people have. This week you had your renunion for motivation; next week you have punishing your chest and back more from this workout ;)

All the best bro, keep 'em coming!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers Line.

The reunion has come and gone, just got some photos from it in the mail. But you're right, next week I have to own that bench, tear that row apart.