Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 33 of 131 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rocky: Thanks, it was good to not have any problems with the chest. Although the weight was really light at 40kg less than what I did when I felt the twinge.

KR: Thanks bigfella, but those continuous reps made me go lighter than I thought, as I can get similar reps with much heavier doing rest pause.

I hate smith machines!!! The trick to getting the front squat right is to put the bar on your delts, hold your arms out in front of you (I.e. don't hold the bar just keep your arms para to the ground), then squat. Add weight and use as your warmup for normal back squats.

Glex: yeh got it about right, but I did back squats the other night and came up completely wrong. I had been working on my 10-12 rep max minus about 20%. I managed sets of 6 for the back squat instead of 12.....

I can't be arsed writing up the other session from this week. But I did have a health check at work that was interesting.

BP= 130/80
    This was surprisingly high as my last measure was more like 105/80, and when I was in hospital it was 95/80. So I may be a bit too stressed at the moment or I may need to get some proper cardio.

Sit and Reach= 35cm (past toes)
    This was classified as SUPERIOR! I could have gotten more if I was allowed to do it more than once.

Waist= 86cm
    This was shit. That's just under 34". It was just after lunch (I.e. big meal) so that may have effected it, but I have obviously put on some winter padding, probably about 1-1.5% BF. Surprising since I don't look to have changed that much.

Height= 182cm
    Knew that already.

Weight= 86.7kg
    This is clothed, sans shoes, after lunch. I was something like 84.8kg in the morning. I should weigh in the evening to find out how much I vary throughout the day.

BMI= 26
    Not exact, but I'm happy to be "overweight". The girl doing the tests said that in 'muscular' men BMI is kinda useless and she goes more by waist measurement. Yes she was hitting on me.

Stress level= concern
    Yes I seem to be a bit stressed at the moment. Nothing I can't handle but it may be why I'm having a few issues recovering and sleeping well. Been feeling tired during the week.

I like the idea of having health checks at work, as long as someone tells everyone that I won! I did have the second smallest waist line of the men (the other doesn't count as he is built like a match stick), and the best flexibility. I just want them to include blood work and the like. That way they can really keep an eye on their staff's health and treat them better.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Choice work indeed, Tim; your front squats and rows were the standouts to me.

Nice call on the health check as well. I should probably have that done more often

Stand or fall, but choose.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The blood pressure is a little strange. I don't know about you, but mine hardly changes with cardio. I'd bet it's the stress.

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

ooohhh yeahhh the gurl doing the tests definalty wanted a piece of the pie

*Natural Pro Bodybuilder*

Well the health check seemed pretty positive bar the stress and the effects it seems to have had on your BP. Hope you manage to get some relaxin time in away from things.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Eric: Cheers dude! I think guys don't get a check up often enough, but I want it to be worthwhile, like getting blood work or something.

Glex: I was hoping cardio would help lower it. But yes more likely to be stress.

Turkish: I caught her checking me out the day before, and at lunch before the check up you should have seen her face when the missus told her we were partners.

Rocky: Yeh new job, big issues to deal with, plus PhD, just seems to be pilling up. But I'm hoping that it will all settle down soon. In 6 months I should be able to tell my boss where to stick the pointless meetings, but hopefully the demands will have dropped well before then.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Tried posting an update the other day but the internet was acting up.

Last week I was at a conference being held at the Parmelia Hilton. Fortuneately I got away without contracting VD.

Being at a conference it meant drinking, bad food, late nights, and crap hotel gym. The hotel gym comprised a really crap rowing machine, three bikes, and two treadmills, then this composite cable machine station that you used to see in gyms in the early 1980's. Basically a square with weight stacks in the middle and stations around the outside of it. Fortuneately it did have a decent set of dip bars, and a place to do pullups (though I didn't like the pullup station). These formed the basis of one workout, doing 50 reps of each in as little sets as possible (3 in the case of the dips). I also tacked on some incline situps, which I haven't done in years, but then again I haven't done situps in about a year either.

After I was done with that first session I couldn't help but notice myself in a mirror. I'm not used to mirrors hanging in a gym, let alone on every wall. It was interesting to watch myself do pullups and dips in the mirrors, as you could, due to the shear number of mirrors, see yourself from the side without craning your neck. Even when I wasn't pumped it was clear I'm carrying some decent upper body mass, let alone at the end of the session. Actually just as I was leaving one of my work collegues came in to ride the bikes and saw me in my close fitting t-shirt and was clearly impressed.

The next session was interesting as their was no facility for hamstrings. I managed to turn the bench press station into a pretty half decent stiff dead. The leg press station was a complete disaster area and I actually called the workout short as it was really hard on my knee. I did step ups instead.

Then over the weekend I did a long session of pulls. Basically did C&J and snatches followed by deadlifts and farmers walks. Two interesting things arose; the first was a 95kgx2 C&J (PB), the next was a 160kg pronated grip deadlift. The later was 20kg more than I have gripped without resorting to a mixed grip.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I've been having a tough time getting away from bad food, too. At least you kept up with the training, and nice job on the C&Js and the grip PB

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

lol yeah gotta love the grip pb..........functional strength is always good to see, imagine how much better you wank sessions will be now lol

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

dam brother glad to see you back, glad to see you that u still hit the gym even though you were at a crappy hotel gym.....but it is better than nothing!!!

*Natural Pro Bodybuilder*

Good to see you made the most of a poor situation at the hotel and pulled off some decent work.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex: I came back from the conference and wanted vegetables!! I love meat and potatoes, but I really miss not having some decent vegetables that don't resemble a frilly exotic lettuce leaf.

KR: That's where half the grip work has come from :jerkoff1:

Turkish: The amazing thing about hotel gyms is they use it as a sale point in their advertising, and yet provide such average stuff! Pity the pool wasn't heated and the sauna wasn't in operation.....

Rocky: It's that McGyver attitude to training that can see how to make a chin up bar out of a paper clip, a drinking straw, and a rubber band.

Busy schedule this week at work, so don't have time to post my training. Suffice to say it is happening and I'm happy with the results I'm getting from the higher reps. Put an extra 10kg on my bench in the higher rep ranges.

My arms measured 17.25" after my workout last night, and 16.5" this morning. I'll try and remember to do the same with the legs today.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nice measurements on the arms Lol at MacGyver

-glex

Good stats indeed. MacGyver truly is a king among kings.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glex and Rocky: I've been watching the first season of McGyver on DVD recently. God it was crappy! If it wasn't for the charm of Richard Dean Anderson you wouldn't even bother, one episode was even an Alan Smithee. But it was getting better towards the end of the first season..... season 2 here I come.

Oh and the arms are plugging away nicely, though I want that 17" cold.

Did legs last night, didn't measure them but I did include step ups for a change. Got a lot out of them as a high rep finisher. Bit happier with the front squat for continuous reps too, but I still seem to get fatigued before I reach any sort of actual ceiling on the lift itself. I even did the first set with my arms held straight out......

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^^ you should replace the McGyver set with The Entourage..and your quality of life will rise substantially........unless of course you need to figure out how to stop a nuclear meltdown with clit stimulator and a ball point pen

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Never heard of the Entourage on Aussie TV. Is that the one with Jeremy Piven?

I'm getting the McG's out of the DVD store on weekly rental of $1. So it's all good. Next thing I want to get through is Deadwood, which I've heard is great.

Though I tend to fall asleep during TV at the moment. I posted couple of reviews in the movie thread, so far TV shows have been more entertaining than the moveis I've caught up on.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

yeah the one with jeremy piven, seriously, it will improve your qaulity of life, its so funny, except if you buy the series, space out when you watch them, i watched 2 seasons back to back, it was kinda like a week long drug binge and now im sad............untill i buy season three bo yah

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions