Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Another week, another road trip. Fitting in training around it is hard, so weekends are picking up the slack.

I managed to do a big session of C&J, Snatches, Deadlifts, and Farmers walks (plus ancillerary stuff) which I was happy with. I C&Jed a PB of 100kg for a double!! 75kg in the snatch was easy and I followed that all up with a solid 191kg deadlift. Getting that 100kg overhead for the first time felt good, and I got a photo of it (which took for ages to take, had to hold it overhead for at least 10sec).

I think though that the C&J and Snatches are really limiting my deadlift, and also getting my form on the dead a bit off. I don't seem to be driving my feet through the floor the way I would like, too much initial pull with my back. But I like the combo for now, but it may change in a week or so when the routine changes from the higher reps back to a more normal phase.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

awesome PB
    thats some heavy weight, doesnt look like your dead is dropping off if you didnt say anything
    after all that my dead wouldnt be nowhere near as good either

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

very very very very very nice PB brother.....whats ur job by the way, all that dam traveling??

*Natural Pro Bodybuilder*

That's a fucking hefty weight for C&J - good going.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Agreed...what's the next goal on C&J?

-glex

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

All: thanks for the props!

Rageking: When I pull the 191 it feels hard though, and my dead is usually limited by what I can break from the ground. This is not my limiting point on deads currently.

Turkish: I'm an extension scientist in agriculture. At the moment we have a drought and so we are touring the district to give workshops on dealing with droughts. Pretty significant considering the usual advisors to farmers are wanting to still sell them lots of chemical, we are independant.

Rocky: Cheers.

Glex: For my next trick/goal I want to hit 120kg. Ideally I should be able to clean that weight at the moment but I haven't just done a clean session on its own in ages to find out.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Coming to the end of my higher rep stuff. Did 100kg bench for 12 and 50kg thick bar DB rows for same this weekend. I'm also up to 85kg in the morning, and suprised myself when I weighed 91kg in clothes at a display on Friday (new auto weighing system for livestock management, can effectively remotely manage your livestock accurately).

This week I was thinking about going to a modified 5x5.
    E.g.
    Bench
    120x5
    130x1
    120x5
    135x1
    120x5
    140x1
    120x5
    It's an interesting idea that I picked up off of a Staley newsletter. I'll apply it to the main exercises for the first half of the week, then do sets of 8 for the rest. Then accessories will be in the 10-15 range. Yet to really sit down and figure it all out as I will be travelling again this week. Although I plan to train at my old hardcore gym again, can't wait to actually pull 4 plates rather than the equivilent weight.

that's a pretty cool workout, i bet you should see good results from it. It seems you keeping you body guessing during the session

]Kyokushin Karate Record 5-0....MMA Record 2-0
    United States Marine Corps.......helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775
    U.S.M.C - 2004-????
    L. Corporal(LCPL) Suarez
    Scout Sniper-GYSGT-LCPL1

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Looks like a wave-loading/5x5 combo, is that the general idea?

-glex

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

looks like a good idea, very interesting never seen it before, interested to see the results

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

something different.......i defianlty wanna see how it works for ya brother..

*Natural Pro Bodybuilder*

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks guys. And yes Glex it is kinda a wave loaded 5x5 thingy.

I've been at a training thing this week so I've been able to train at my old hardcore gym. Its been through a few changes. First it was run into the ground by the guys that bought it as I left. That was then bought out by a commercial chain (Fitness First) as a membership buyout (they were going to close the place after they bullied everyone into long term contracts). Fortuneately a long time musclehead and PT of the gym got some money together from one of his clients and they have kept the hardcore atmosphere.

The good things remain, but they need to upgrade some gear, like the barbells. Plus they have let in guys that do reverse bicep curls in the squat rack. But it still is one of the best hardcore gyms around.

I managed to do a couple of sessions there this week, and plan to go to do deadlifts tomorrow. I liked having some heavy dumbbells and a decent cable row (finally didn't have a chance of maxing it out).

New routine looks good. Be interested to see how it works out for you. Glad you got back into your old gym and it's still in the manner you're accustomed to. Now lets see your deads!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Managed 195kg but was only able to break 197.5kg not actually lift it (so hips were lacking). Basically to be expected considering that my last workout was a leg day. Feels different to do a deadlift on an upper body day.

Had the gym to myself as well, so my hard work was only noticed by the bodybuilder owner, and she would've probably have thought I needed more reps.

Still a damn respectable weight - like you say you'd previously done legs. I'm sure you'll adjust quickly. You know what you're doing the rest of the time I don't doubt this won't be any different.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks Rocky. But this was an adjustment week, so next week will be different again and not likely to have deadlifts on an upper body day.

I've never liked the idea of a full body lift on a upper body day as it really can put a lot of pressure on your joints, low back, hips, while overuse of some muscle groups occurs. This is less of an issue in the opposite, you just don't do traps work and cut a set or two of rows.

I want to pull 200kg soonish, with a goal of 215-220kg by Christmas.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

that is a damn good weight for dead, goodluck on 220

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks rage! Reading some of the other logs I feel that a 220kg deadlift is nothing, but then again I'll be doing it at ~190lb at 5'11.5"

Actually if this modified 5x5 goes well I should be hitting PB territory on most exercises in the next 6 weeks. Most exercises are about 5-10kg off PB's now.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions