Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks for sharing the pics Tim. Dang, that knee op looked pretty gruesome mate, but what a recovery! Can't even see any scarring.

Superb set up you have too. I had these notions of how you were training from your log, the environment etc and I wasn't far off. You really do put in some serious effort mate and to get up and get outside everytime to put yourself through a session is really good, especially in winter time! Come to think of it, I've never had a workout outside. Do you have your kit outside through choice or as a neccessity?

If you go, you grow...if you grow, you show...if you show, you know!

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Evo it is kinda both choice and necessity. There isn't any room for it inside the house, and I want to train at home, and have the equipment which needs to go somewhere. I do have to drag the olympic bar inside everytime, as I don't want the bearings in the rotating sleeves to seize up.

The next place I live in would be great to have a shed for everything. The best place I trained was a shearing shed (as far as at home goes). That was great as I had an old combine harvester tire to flip, could do log lifts, etc.

Thanks Football! The knee wasn't a standard ACL repair, had other stuff damaged as well (mensicus, PCL, MCL). So it was great just to be mobile again, let alone squatting, running, etc.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The week has been hectic. I do some writing, some more analysing, a bit more writing, then meetings to explain what I've been doing. It all takes it out of me.

Then I head to my rack, my glowing aperitif of training solace. Sometimes its a chore, sometimes its hard work, but mostly it is my release.
    That stupid woman who cut you off in traffic = one more shoulder press.
    The supervisor who just won't listen to logic = getting my chin over the bar when I can't pull anymore.
    The current affairs TV shows = the extra set I know I should do for chest and back.
    The lack of intelligence of the media = belting my arms that are already tired.
    The insults that Admin leveled at me = finishing the workout dripping in sweat on a cold day.

I'm not Hercules, nor Adonis, but I'm travelling the path there. If I don't reach the destination, I'll still be further ahead than those that never started the journey.

Now where's my PWO shake?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Herakles you may not be yet, Adonis you may not be yet, but you have the acumen of Daedalus. You are an intelligent being Tim, always making something out of nothing, always pushing your boundries with new concepts. A master engineer of your surroundings mate. If ever I got lost in the outback, I'd could wish for nothing more than to be lost with you, because I know we'd make it back!

^Yeah what he said.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Don't leave any sharp objects around me, my head might pop!

Cheers guys!

I'm going to change my routine up to three days full body. I've got a bit too much work to be doing as much as I have been. Four days plus swimming and plyos just isn't going to happen while I finish writing. I'll post up the new routine soon as I figure it out.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If anyone wants to see the pics just go to my page here:
    http://timscanlon.bravehost.com/newlegs.html

same shit, I just linked it

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I like your out look on extra sets and reps I might try it, hard training mate keep it up

Tim's Journeyman Log

Look forward to seeing the new routine you've devised for yourself.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

New Routine

First a little about the old routine. I have been doing upper/lower four days a week with some swimming, plyos, walking and running on rest days. On recommendations of the physio I included some exercises and rep ranges to take some of the pressure off my shoulder and knee. SO most exercises were being completed for 12-15 reps, even though I don't like this rep range personally for three sets unless noted, and were performed antagonist style.
    Lower
    ATG Squat 105kg
    SLDL 70kg
    Lunge 72.5kg
    Hammy curl (single leg) 16kg (3x8)
    SL St Calf 48kg (5x5)
    Upper
    Bench 95kg
    DB Row 47kg (3x8 on thick handle)
    Dip 20kg (3x10)
    Chin 20kg (3x6)
    L-fly
    Lower
    Deadlift 150kg (4x5)
    Bulgarian squat 45kg (3x8)
    Hammy curl 16kg (3x10)
    Seat Calf 115kg
    Upper
    DB OH press 35kg (3x6 this was a mistake and will be higher reps)
    Pullup 20kg (3x8)
    Incline bench 72.5kg
    Incline prone DB row 46kg
    Lateral ext 12kg (shoulder exercise)
    Bi curl 47.5kg (3x8)
    Skull 38kg (3x8)

Thats the starting point. Most exercises are below my bests due to the manner of the routine, including fixing this shoulder and knee. My new routine will be full body three times per week, and sets and reps will probably be similar.

Day 1:
    Squat & SLDL
    Incline bench & Pullups
    BB bicep curl & Skull crushers & wrist roller

Day 2:
    Bench & DB row
    OH press & Fatman pullups
    Lunge & Single leg SLDL
    Lat ext & L-flys

Day 3:
    Deadlift
    Hammy curl & Bulgarian squat
    Dip & Chin
    DB bicep & DB tri OH ext

Warmups will include cleans, DB snatches, OH squats, cuban presses, prone flys, and bedroom hip extensions (hopefully).

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Should also mention that right at the moment I weigh 83kg at 1.82m (dry morning measures I'm about 1-2kg heavier in the evening). I don't know my BF levels but visually around 12% at a guess.

BF levels are funny as I saw an Ellington Darden article on T-nation where he had all the stats of a guy my size. He was consistently smaller in all girths (except his neck) and had a BF of 9%. Yet I thought he looked pudgy in comparison to myself.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

good luck on your new workout Tim you will get used to it in no time

Tim's Journeyman Log

I believe changing your workout from time to time is always a good thing, new motivation and some new stress to your muscles! Good luck!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Quote
    I believe changing your workout from time to time is always a good thing, new motivation and some new stress to your muscles! Good luck!
    While I have been on upper/lower for a year I have changed many facets of the workout many times. Usually it is as simple as adding an exercise or changing days that program runs.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good luck with this Tim.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is dedicated to MSVF1, because true words should be seen, even when the experienced dismiss them.

Yes thats right, the first workout kicked my ass! I was breathing hard, I was having trouble with reasonable weights, I even found I had a pump so hard in my lower back I had to back off on SLDL until I'd done some Pullups!

Well I started off warming up and felt good. The flexibility and mobility work for my knee has given me just a bit of extra active ROM (this would be an undoing later). Then I started in on squats and SLDL's. I grabbed my normal weights, because the first few sets shouldn't be affected in a new routine. Well I was dead wrong, as I proceeded to get half the reps on my first squat set. Alright now some SLDL's except my lower back is feeling tight now.....

Ok I needed something. This was pathetic. So I ran inside and turned on the ancient CD player to crank some tunes. It chucked a hissy fit (15yr old stereos do that) so I went and begged my girl for her iPod. She doesn't like me getting it all sweaty but it was cold enough that she agreed I wouldn't get it too sweaty. I've got to get one for myself that can get dirt encrusted and stick like old footy socks!

So back out for the second work set and some hard rock got me fired up. THe weight felt light, but the fatigue was noticable and I only got a few more reps. I put this down to the exta depth. I may be lifting the same weight for awhile until I get full ROM back....... This last 5-10% of knee flexion is hard to get! I challenge anyone to squat ass to grass, its so much harder than normal squats.

I moved on to finish SLDL's with pullups. This was a great combination, as the weight on my waist freed up my low back and allowed more work on the hammys (they are paying for it today!!). Then it was time for inclines and arms. By this stage I was breathing hard and yet I thought I could use the same weight and reps. WRONG! I got 3/4 of the reps and had to hold myself steady while the stars left my eyes before I could tackle the bicep antagonist exercise. I ground out the reps before realising I still had forearms and triceps to go.

I felt rubbery. I felt spent. Damn I'm glad I didn't have to cook dinner!

lol at this post
    i dont think ive read another post where anyone has worked harder than this! and good for ur girl to give u her ipod lol
    i hope ur next workout is almost the same as this one great workout timmmay!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Wow Tim, that sounded like exceptionally hard work! Really exciting to read too!! Congrats for digging real deep in sweating it out man, that's some dedication. I had similar experience with my squats this week. I just didn't have the confidence or drive to go too deep. You have my sympathy there mate.

Phew! Nice read Tim and great all round effort. I'm breathless myself!!!

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions