Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Peanut:I work hard but that is to take out my work frustrations. People could get hurt otherwise.
    Evo: My hammys are still sore today!

Workout this arvo is going to be interesting. Stay tuned.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Yeah mate. Tnx 4 your words, it seems that was one of the best workouts from u ever. You have suffered a lot in the gym, you have fought vs pain, you have surpased your limits. That's what this is all about.

Congratz, hope your new workout keeps making you a warrior!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

lol your logs great to read mate good to see you getting into it even if it is a bit more of a struggle at first

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well the struggle continued!

It was go time and I was itching to hammer the chest and back. I've started not only a new routine but a few new methods which I probably should use a bit more sparingly. The first is lockout holds; basically hold the weight just short of lockout on the final rep of a set for 5-10sec before racking. Sounds easy, but it is really hard going, especially on rows and chins/pullups. The second is continuous tension; basically during the set not letting the muscle rest by pausing between reps. This is killing me as I normally pause and do each rep "seperately". I don't think this is good for strength but is great for hypertrophy. I might as well be doing hypertrophy with these higher rep schemes I'm doing at the moment.

So after again feeling dissatisfied with bench I did a drop set to punish my stupid chest for not getting stronger. Take that bitch!

Next I had to set up for lunges and single leg SLDL. I shold say that what I call a SLDL is more a romanian deadlift without the knee bending. Basically the knee remains at a small angle throughout the movement (realised this chatting to Peanut yesterday). The less the knee bend the more hammy involvement. THese two exercises had me staggering. I was breathing hard and was only 2/3 of the way through the workout when I had to call it a day.

I collapsed on the couch staring at dinner feeling like throwing up. I hit the shower and felt better. Downed dinner and realised that this full body thing was going to take a bit of getting used to!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

good workout again Tim dont worry you will get used to it soon

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

good session tim, hope ur new methods heed very positive results.

Tim's Journeyman Log
    YA LLEGO POR QUIEN LLORABAN! I'M BAAAACK!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Superb work mate. Full body workouts are always a killer, but perservere mate and you'll reap the rewards, I'm sure.

I like the idea of continous tension on the muscle. It's why I prefer to use the Pec Deck as oppossed to DB flys. The cable keeps the pecs under continual tension throughout the movement.

Strong stuff Tim, always a pleasure to read your log mate. Keep the faith and keep up the great work.

If you go, you grow...if you grow, you show...if you show, you know!

Always love coming in here to read your iron story style workouts. New routine looks good (as did the old one but a change is as good as a rest) full body routines are a killer but so productive, as you well know, looks like you'll make sterling improvements on this one. Great start to the new programme.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Football: Yeh hopefully it won't take too long though.

Mexican: I've just got to remember to not overuse the methods, and use them on the right muscles (like my lagging hammy).

Evo: I like and dislike continuous tension. Its good for muscle stimulation, but I'm pretty sure that recruitment isn't as good. Oh and have to say I have seen one good pec deck (the ones with the free moving handles). THe rest are shithouse! Plus I'm not a big fan of chest fly motions anyway.

Rocky: I like writing stories. I've been writing stories since primary school. Hopefully my articles will have a good feel to them too.

Well it was time to finish the week off with a lighter workout. Which basically means that instead of pushing myself I work within myself, and for the first time in my life do more than 5 reps on deadlifts. This last point was an oddity, I just don't see the point of doing a big heavy exercise like deadlifts and going light enough to get 10 reps.

So I grabbed my bar and carried out to the back yard. I had an hour to train before my footy team was going to be broadcast on TV, so I had to finish before bounce down. This is great for keeping my program on track and not slacking between sets. I worked out my "10RM" and loaded the bar with a couple of kilos less, and began to pull. My overhand grip felt good and strong and the reps felt light. It was only after the last rep that I realised just how hard I was now breathing! I warm up jumping rope and yet this was 20 times the breathlessness of that! The next few sets were more of an effort but felt good, not heavy, but not light either, so the sets were right on the money. Next week deadlifts will be heavy again, while having a light day........

Then it was on to some bulgarian squats and hammy curls. These were good. It was like having the stiffness of the past two sessions massaged out. I was waiting for the happy ending while I set up for some body weight chins and dips. Going BW for chins and dips is really about muscle pumps and exhaustion for me, they just aren't much of a challenge otherwise. The first set of chins I powered through, pulling my chin right past the bar explosively. What a stupid thing to do when the roof of the patio is only just over head! One set done, two lumps on the top of my head.

I kept going and was aiming for three sets and 40-50 reps all up on each exercise. My upper body was pumped, my legs were wobbly, and I grabbed the dumbbells to finish off. I was cutting it fine, the footy was starting. I tried to speed things up by not stopping between bi's and tri's, back and forth. THe entire time I had a line from Ellington Dardens "Nautilus" book, "barbells and dumbbells are inefficient". Then why do they work so well then Ellington? Where did you get your PhD again? On a side note; What pseudo-science leads to that entire book philosphy? I was motivated to go and get an anatomy book after reading 'Nautilus' as there are some very dubious claims and assumptions in that book.

Damn-it I'm babbling away and my team's been playing for 2 minutes!!! Where's my shake?!

NB: The West Coast Eagles defeated North Melbourne in the AFL in a hard fought game.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

great session man, good to see u are moving up in reps on the deadz. gotta love the football man, i know i never miss my team's games. hey that ellington guy sounds like a total dumbass, i have always found the freeweights to be very helpful.

Tim's Journeyman Log

Nice work going higher reps. I feel you though - hate going high reps on the biggies, but every now and again will do you good. Nice work buddy.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I dont know where Ellington got that theory from lol mad man good work on your deads

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mexican: I'm still carefull with the deads, just don't want to do my hammy again. But I am starting to get past that as the hammys are picking up a bit. And Ellington is a HIT jedi and chief Nautilus promoter = nutcase.

Rocky: I think the higher reps goes against functional hypertrophy on a big lift. Clearly we have trained enough to know this instinctively!!

Football: My problem with Ellington is that he isn't wrong but he's dogmatic. Basically like Arthur Jones he believes there is only one way to do things, which just isn't the case.

Onto the best and the worst workout in ages:

Sometimes life comes and gets in the way. I usually try and steam-roll life to do my workouts, including heading home from work a little early on occasion. Training at home you have to block out a lot of other stuff too, like "When's dinner? Why aren't you cooking dinner?"

Every now and again one of these things is successfull in interrupting your workout to the point where you don't get a chance to finish. THis was one of those days.

Cold and miserable outside, but not raining right at this moment, so it was a green light to train. I warmed up my knees a little more than usual due to the large amount of nothing I'd done today. The quick dog walk I taken earlier had gotten the stiffness out of the muscles but wanted to make sure my knees were A1.

Then it was into the squats, diving down deep into the rock bottom position and back up again was feeling good and easy. Even coming out of the hole it was all good until thighs were at 90 degrees. I powered through satisfied with the load and ROM, the ROM is almost complete knee bend, and with 110kg for reps I'm quite happy. I completed the worksets including a back off set with my 12RM for 12 reps

Just as I was catching my breath the phone rang. Parents!

And that was the end of a great start to a workout. Too long on the phone and I had cooled down again. The good thing was that I had done the big exercise first and done it well. So at least what I had done was productive. But to miss the hammys, and upper body irks me.

Guess that the next workout I'll just have to wail on my upper body and do my hammys extra hard!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

another hectic one at least you nailed those squats somtimes things are just against you though

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I hear ya Football! Better to have done something than nothing at all.

To make up for yesterdays debacle I went to the pool and did some laps and rehab exercises (at this stage rehab is most about getting full joint function, jumping, cutting, etc).

Swimming was fine. The pool is finally open again after they needed to close for a relining of the pool floor. So pool was in good shape again.

But there was one thing missing; Chicks in bikinis doing laps! Normally there are a few there, but not today.

I was also thinking of something radical; gyms have bikes and treadmills and the like that replicate real world activities and then give you read outs of how far you have travelled, how many calories you've burned (just check Evo's insane cardio workouts!!). What about a Swim-mill? Or Lap-mill? You get in and swim on the spot at your local gym, all the while racking up distance, heart rate, calories burned, etc. If you see this come on the market then I want to know who I have to sue for taking my idea!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Cool

Water Proof Perdometer?

Interesting log bro, keep up the work, good luck with the rehab on that leg .

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

well sounds good tim, swimming tires u out pretty damn good, and sorry to hear there were no bikini babes!

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well Tim, looks you've got to do some pre workout prep before your next session...like take the phone of the damn hook!! Bummer! It's easy to say ignore it but, sometimes you just can't. Ring, ring...ring, ring...who needs that when when you're trying to squat??

I'm flattered: (just check Evo's insane cardio workouts!!).

Nice work on the swimming and I like the idea of a "Swim-mill" or "Lap-mill". Invent one!!

If you go, you grow...if you grow, you show...if you show, you know!

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions