Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I ramped things up a bit yesterday. I decided I have spent enough time on the sidelines with this shoulder impingement and am ready to tackle some real weight and lower rep ranges for a change. I think I have improved my form and perfected (well at least practiced enough) retracting my scapular all the time while pressing, so as to stop anterior drift of the shoulder. I can't ignore this issue, but I think I'm safe to tackle some real iron from now on presses.

And to the lions I threw myself with glee!

I immediately bit off more than I could chew. I had worked out what my 5RM would be, but was off by 5kg. I blame this squarely on non-functional hypertrophy from higher reps, basically I could do more reps rather than improving my 1RM. I held it together and lightened off for the second set, cursing the weakness that high reps had given me.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of my body; my back was thriving in the precisely chosen weight for DB rows. For the first time in ages I could actually feel my back working hard to pull the weight.

THe move to lunges and single leg SLDL's had me breathing hard. A quick clean to the shoulders and I was into the lunges finishing with some calf raises. I am starting to actually get somewhere with my hamstrings, especially with the SLDL's. My new outline will pay dividends I believe!

I finished off with a couple of light sets of fatman pullups and shoulder presses. I'm going to have to watch the shoulder presses. My shoulder still clicks on these. I may do these as handstand pushups next week to see if that makes a difference. I'll keep experimenting until I find the "correct" technique.

MMMMMMmmmmm chicken for dinner!

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

well sounds like u had an intense session, glad to hear ur coming back and ready out of that shoulder injury. that hamstring work sounds hardcore man.

Tim's Journeyman Log
    YA LLEGO POR QUIEN LLORABAN! I'M BAAAACK!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My program has taken on a new bent; loadings.

Heavy = <5RM, Medium = 5-8RM, Light = 8-12RM

Day 1
    Squats & SLDL: Heavy + drop
    Incline & Pullup: Light/medium
    Arms: Medium

Day 2
    Bench & DBrow: Heavy + drop
    Lunge & sl SLDL: Medium/light
    OH press & fatpull: light

Day 3
    Dead: Heavy
    Dip & Chin: Light (BW)
    Hammy curl & Bulgarian: medium/light

Basically having a light, medium or heavy day for each muscle complex but not exculsive to one day.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Nice idea Tim, should be very interesting. Good luck with this.

If you go, you grow...if you grow, you show...if you show, you know!

Still keeping us entertained with your entries Tim - good stuff. New routine looks good, hope it is as productive as you hope it to be.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yesterday I had some fine weather for the first ten minutes of my workout. THen the rain came down, fortuneately with no wind blowing it under the patio. This kept me reasonably dry.

You know the only thing I have to say about this workout was that I seemed to enjoy the training and spent too long at it (and I may have tweaked a glute or hammy). Just a good "relaxing" afternoon lifting before going for a walk to take the dog to the park. This is the way training should be, enjoyable.

Once at the park the rain really pelted down. Now you want hardcore training, take a look at my dog. It had already trained once that day already (does a lot of sprint and agility work chasing tennis balls) but was keen for another hard session. As the rain started to really come down heavy, she was still running hard, unpreturbed by the rain that had her owners sheltering. Rain, hail, or shine she demands her workout, everyday, sometimes twice.

I guess if you enjoy your training, you'll do it even when you don't have the ideal weather, equipment, or time.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

hah i love the way you log...it's like a story. only thing is it's hard to say good work when i dont know what exactly you did!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

nice story tim, good job on the training man, hope that minor tweak to hamstring isn't much, oh and my respects for ur hardworking dog mate!

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

its good you enjoyed it so much your right thats how it should be no point in hating what your doing if so its time for a change

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Quote
    hah i love the way you log...it's like a story. only thing is it's hard to say good work when i dont know what exactly you did!
    I could post exactly what I did, but thats been done to death.

My program is posted back a few pages and the previous cycle work weights give you a rough idea where I'm at. But with shoulder impingement and knee rehab, this is less about posting bigger numbers and more about training. Training isn't a number or sets or exercises, its a state of mind, an activity. I'm thinking of incorporating some car pushes, just for fun. I'm going to make a couple of kegs, just for fun. It's not about having a number associated with the workout anymore for me. PB's are great, but so is being able to do this when I'm 60.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Glad you had an enjoyable session Tim. Respect to the pooch too, hardcore bitch!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Evo: She makes the most hard core gym junkie look light-weight (baby!!!).
    Football: Keeping things enjoyable while kicking your own ass regularly is a hard thing to manage when you aren't a masocist.
    CJU & Rocky: Another story coming at you.
    Mexican: Well the tweak did turn out to be a little worse than I had hoped.

I swear that the weather is all messed up. You know who I blame? I blame Bill my next door neighbour. See he has a large 4WD (Truck for you yanks) that leaks oil. Now this oil seeps out of his driveway and into the drains when it rains. This then flows down through the soil and into river systems, killing bacteria, fungi and fish as it goes. Once it reaches the sea it congeals and forms a oily layer on plankton and algae affecting the amount of light they can absorb and reducing their growth. With less plankton growing the fish that rely on them for food die, but more importantly the plankton are converting carbon dioxide in the air into sugars. Since the plakton aren't getting as much sun they don't use as much CO2 and hence the world becomes more polluted with greenhouse gases. This has caused global warming leading to an upset in the weather patterns. This is why in the middle of Spring it is raining while I'm trying to work out.

Despite the weather I started warming up, and immediately noticed the tweaked hammy as I hit depth on the squats. No need to chance them, so I just replaced my leg exercises with light step-ups on my newest piece of training equipment, a milk crate.

The pullups really need to be done in antagonist fashion. I found that I just wasn't as rested between sets unless I did something else. No matter, it'll only be for one week. The final drop set was fun, could actually feel all the back muscles working, can't feel them the same when adding weight..... INclines were the opposite, could feel them in every rep hitting the chest (and not the shoulders). This concentration thing is paying off!

Next the arms were about to be toasted. They didn't get much direct work last week so I put an extra plate on and went to town on them. Barbell curls, reverse skull crush's and my thick bar wrist roller, all lined up ready to rock. Trying to hold the last set isometric was impossible. My work here was done.

P.S. What book is the first paragraph an homage to?
    Clue 1: Its a novel set in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280
    I swear that the weather is all messed up. You know who I blame? I blame Bill my next door neighbour. See he has a large 4WD (Truck for you yanks) that leaks oil. Now this oil seeps out of his driveway and into the drains when it rains. This then flows down through the soil and into river systems, killing bacteria, fungi and fish as it goes. Once it reaches the sea it congeals and forms a oily layer on plankton and algae affecting the amount of light they can absorb and reducing their growth. With less plankton growing the fish that rely on them for food die, but more importantly the plankton are converting carbon dioxide in the air into sugars. Since the plakton aren't getting as much sun they don't use as much CO2 and hence the world becomes more polluted with greenhouse gases. This has caused global warming leading to an upset in the weather patterns. This is why in the middle of Spring it is raining while I'm trying to work out.
    :iorofl:

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

sounds like some gloomy weather days tim, but hey at least u got some work done, sounds like u did good with those step ups despite ur hammy tweak. lmao at ur explanation of the rain, damn ur neighbor and his oil, for makin it rain.

Tim's Journeyman Log

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mad Max!! When there's oil to blame for all the world's turmoil...pretty much like it is today!!!! LOL! Knowing you Tim it's probably an interpratation of a Jackson Pollock painting as discussed by the luminaries of Oxford University pertaining to the global economic rise of inter-social class behaviour of third-world economics governed by cosmoplolitan attitudes!!

Errr...failing that, is it Gangbang Angels 3??, fuck I'm an ignoramus!! Global warmer, or global cooler???

Either way mate, congrats on your session, love the milk crate idea...see, you're such an inventor!!

Clue 2?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Clue #2: Book was written by a British comedian responisble for shows such as "The Young Ones"

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ok my diatribe was based upon the Ben Elton book "Stark". There is a brilliant chapter in it (that was later adapted in the mini series of the same name) describing how a Combine Harvester kills whales.

Today's workout was once again interupted by the phone. But this time I was able to keep the conversation short. It was great weather all day today, especially when I went walking to get the shopping. The "farmers walk" carrying the shopping home was pleasant, not a word usually associated with lugging shopping home over a kilometer.

Few hours later I hit the bench and rows to really get my upper body torched. I've found that my strength has not been up to par after recent high rep work. I'm feeling bench in my shoulders more than in the chest. Tried to improve that today but still a little off, might use less than my 5RM for 5reps next week.

Onto the lunges and OH presses. THe extra day off from leg work payed dividends and allowed my to really hit my thighs hard. THe drop set of bench basically made my OH presses an effort in futility. I literally had to focus with intensity to make sure that I didn't drop the weights bang on my head.

I finally finished up with single leg SLDL's and fat man pullups. Next session will be interesting, have to see how my hammy handles deadlifts and bulgarian squats.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

never read or heard of that book, but sounds like it is a pretty good read. too bad i don't read.lol

well sounds like u got a good workout tim, the bench press is always one of my favorite exercises to do, even if i don't push alot of weight. glad to hear the weather was good!

Tim's Journeyman Log

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions