Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Normally id say 'we'll have to agree to disagree', but i value your opinions so I want to try and change them ( a bit).
    At the time of the early UFC's those competitors admittedly looked like bar room brawlers compared to the rounded athletes there are today. But at that time alot of those guys were trained fighters at their own artform. Ground fighting was not really heard of in America and was the reason Royce won 2 tournaments in about 6-7 mins total.
    Just because these other figters were clueless on the ground is not Royces' fault.
    Regardless of style, for a small man like Royce to beat Kimo was groundbreaking.
    The impact Royce had on the MMA world was massive. BJJ and the Gracies took Martial Arts by storm.

He was the first to mould the sport...
    Severn added more with werstling... then Coleman with GnP.. (and frye a bit).. then Couture with his 'dirty boxing' when he beat Vitor.

BJJ is still a huge part of the sport today..all started by Royce.. a fighter without it is in trouble.
    Therefore he is a legend

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Most definitely JS, and thank you I think we're hitting on much of the same opinion here. Royce is, and forever will be, a legend to me. I just don't think his 'greatest MMA fighter of all time' tag is very accurate. As being the man who gave the martial world a much needed wake-up call and basically revolutionized the sport(thankfully!!!) of MMA; that's Royce Gracie the Legend to me.

I didn't mean to imply that he had an unfair edge over other competitors, only that he was bringing something to the game that no one could compete with. But when others molded their styles accordingly, that gap of awesomeness seemed to shrink year by year. I really wish Royce would've felt the need to discover some striking; if he'd polished said skill, I feel he could've put some authority and credibility into truly being one of the all time greats of complete MMA. Since he didn't, he's been an amazing BJJ competitor jumping into mixed martial arts.

He introduced BJJ to MMA, not to mention the world as a whole. That's his legacy to me and where his real legend status resides.

Edit-Good call on Sakuraba. I've always been a big fan of his; even more so after his amazing match with Royce. Add Cro Cop to his list of horrible beatings and the list gets even more impressive. Just like you said though, his desire to evolve and improve is what really sets him apart. I feel he'll be making waves for years to come.

Stand or fall, but choose.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good call fist; downloaded that from Sherdog yesterday. Having Lutter on the show was cool as well. I wish he was still representing with the Lion's Den, but I guess he felt the need to go elsewhere.

When was it that Hughes 'disrespected' GSP? He's making it sound like an everyday thing. Although GSP is sounding a little like a broken record at this point, but maybe it's the higher exposure this fight's getting as well. It just seems like I've heard him say the same things concerning this bout over and over again.

All in the same, talk will be cheap tomorrow.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, I better throw up my predictions here as well; thought I'd abstain from the rectum bets though

Hughes vs. St. Pierre

I was pretty down the line going into this fight, but then I heard GSP's comments concerning it in a Sherdog interview. He said he was angry at Matt Hughes, and would use said emotion come Saturday. He'd 'let his fury' guide him in the bout. That reminds me of another couple of fighters...oh yeah, Shamrock and Randleman. Anger hasn't worked for them, and it won't for Rush. He has the skills to beat Matt, but it sounds like he's blown his chances mentally. Ergo, I give the likely nod to Hughes.

Sylvia vs. Monson

Tim's stand-up and reach are big advantages for him here, but his sprawl isn't as good as many feel it is. If Monson can close quickly and use his lower center to take Sylvia down, the belt's changing hands. I feel Tim's no match for Jeff mentally, due to his cockiness and delusions of grandeur. We'll just have to see if the Snowman can keep it together come Saturday.

Vera vs. Mir

I feel Frank still isn't back yet. He's looked really sloppy in the last little while, and word on the street is that he's becoming more and more lazy in the gym. If he ever wants to get within spitting distance of the title again, he'll suck it up and get his act back together. I feel Vera will provide that wake-up call for him, one way or the other.

Sakara vs. McFederies

Legionarius has this in the bag, unless he makes a huge mistake. He was choked out at UFC 60, but I believe he will bounce back well from that. Drew's only real distinction is getting TKO'd by Nate Quarry at EC43; not a strong foundation there. It's TKO time again for him, I feel.

Stevenson vs. Mishima

Despite all the hype concerning Joe in TUF2, I feel his win over Cummo was the first real gift win that series suffered. Neer took him out, and he was very lucky in his fight with Yves. Mishima has been a consistent and successful force in both Pride and Shooto, and he can really go the distance. Joe's been cracking under the pressure and getting lucky gifts; I just feel his number is up again.

Diaz vs. Tibau

Tibau's a virtual unknown to me, but he's apparently quite the force in BJJ. If Nick can stay frosty on the ground, I see his edge in UFC experience carrying him through this fight. That, and if he loses, we have to listen to more tantrums

The other fights can fall as they may; I really don't have any opinions concerning them. Excited about tomorrow though

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric
    Well, I better throw up my predictions here as well; thought I'd abstain from the rectum bets though

I think my predictions are pretty well known, but ill go into a bit more depth;

St. Pierre over Hughes

I've heard every single interview these 2 men have done since their last fight, and watched every bit of relevant and irrelevant footage uptil this monumental fight. I can honestly say this is probably the most excited i have been for a fight in a long time, and the first time it's really hard to pick one man for the clear winner. But from what i've gathered, St. Pierre is ready and very capable of taking this badboy. I think he's got the strenght, talent and just pure athleticism to not only take Hughes to the edge, but also take his strap from him. War GSP, i've waited too long for this fight.

Monson over Sylvia

This prediction defies my own logic. Although i realise that Monson has a great chance, and i am not discrediting him in any way...i just don't think this fight is gonna hit the ground. That being said, im still rooting for Monson, if he can close the distance fast and early in the fight he can beat Timmy. But Timmy's team MFS arn't fools, and they will have prepped him for this. This may be a fast fun fight...or an overly draught out boring Sylvia/Arlovski III repeat. Go Monson...just because im still sore over Arlovski.

Mir over Vera

Another prediction that defies all logic. Mir has no advantage besides the first few minutes till he inevitably gasses. If it gets past the first round, it's Vera's, within in the first 4-5 mins Mir is a monster. I'm just praying for a Mir rebirth.

Sakara vs. McFederies
    Stevenson vs. Mishima
    Diaz vs. Tibau

Pretty much the exact same thing that OBE said...nuff said lol. Oh and the Diaz fight may not be brodcasted, acutally it probly won't. Unless someone else finishes fast we won't see it. I hope we do, cause that's supposed to be a real good match-up.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

just to say, Frank Mir weighed in at 254...for reference he was 255 when he fought Sylvia

come on Frankie, whoop some ass then go break Sylvias other arm

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I'm stuck on the fence with Hughes and GSP, but am leaning more for GSP

I want Monson to win but think Tim will win

You smoking crack on this one CC Mir is done and will never be what he was, Vera wins in a slaughter no doubt

Last 3 i see it same as you

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Mir came in much better shape than he's been reccently in, i seriously believe he can pull this off, i personally think Vera is a bit overhyped, but if he beats Mir hes got my support

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Vera by asswhoopin sorry CC

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    k i just found out about this...Kevin Randleman used a fake urine sample when he entered the tests for PRIDE Real Deal.............

WOW he was on roids and he STILL got owned in seconds by Shogun...

Shogun is a KING
    wasnt Vitor tested positive for roids at the recent pride event

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Vitor, Randleman and Nastula all tested positve...and yet all three of them still lost

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I was rooting for Nastula too....not now

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Pride's year end event is looking top-notch though; just about every one of their heavy names will be competing. Already slated are Fedor, Mirko, Hunt, Barnett, Wanderlei, Yoshida, Fujita, Nogueira, Gomi, Mauricio, and Henderson. Pretty friggin' excited about that

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Fedor is fighting Mark Hunt at the PRIDE New Years show...Fedor will take Mark down and end the fight in seconds

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    Fedor is fighting Mark Hunt at the PRIDE New Years show...Fedor will take Mark down and end the fight in seconds
    agreed, i think it will not be a long fight at all

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I'm going to get on the Hunt bandwagon here. I don't believe he can take out Fedor, but I don't believe it'll be a quick fight. Guy has a head of steel, so unless he bungles into a submission, I believe he could take Fedor the distance. Did it with Mirko and Wanderlei, and beat them both.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

ya but dude, look at how easily Wandy took Hunt down...imaigne wtf FEDOR would do to him to take him and down and punish him

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions