Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,063 to 1,080 of 1454
    [QUOTE=onebigeric;307799]

Vera was a bit of a goob, but I still had him 2-1 over Sylvia in rounds. Tim is looking better, but I honestly don't believe he took that fight. I believe Brandon's lack of 'wow' factor hurt him on the judges scorecards, ergo Timmah picked up a slightly-shady decision. The way that Vera was pissing and moaning about his hand annoyed me though.

[QUOTE]

I had the first round even, nothing happened, the second round to Vera - but he lost a point for the knee to the head while Tim was on the ground - so even round, and third Round to Tim. If not for the lost point in the second round I think it should have been a split decision, though the only person that really dominated any part of the fight was Tim in the second half of the third - so I don't think it was a shady decision, though it was by no means a dominating performance.

I am what I am and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, Woo, Woo.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

^^Standard Sylvia calling card then

The clinch and pray taken by both fighters was decidedly lame. Without Randy, the HW division looks like a joke again. Why do they hype guys like these when Big Nog and Arlovski are still walking and talking?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Wandy vs Chuck Dec 29th just annouced on the Spike Scream awards

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

^i saw that, its finally gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric View Post
    ^^Standard Sylvia calling card then

The clinch and pray taken by both fighters was decidedly lame. Without Randy, the HW division looks like a joke again. Why do they hype guys like these when Big Nog and Arlovski are still walking and talking?
    Got me. I assume the title is vacant, so if Arlovski is healthy they need to put him in a title match now against Tim - it's only fair since the title was last Tim's, and after he wins that they can have him fight Nog. That would be the best for the division in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fallen View Post
    Wandy vs Chuck Dec 29th just annouced on the Spike Scream awards
    Chuck best come in shape for that one, three loses in a row and he may be looking at retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Minchinator View Post
    Got me. I assume the title is vacant, so if Arlovski is healthy they need to put him in a title match now against Tim - it's only fair since the title was last Tim's, and after he wins that they can have him fight Nog. That would be the best for the division in my opinion.
    Word around is that Big Nog's already is filling one half of the future HW title match; it'll be interesting to see who they actually ante into the spot next to him. Tim is the former champion (again) but I don't feel he's done enough to warrant a rematch in the time this bout will likely take place.

I hope Chuck comes to fight as well. This will be a redemption contest for him as much as it will be anything else.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Minchinator View Post
    we dont need another arlovski/silvia match

their matches are boring as hell

these are the fights i think would be interesting to determine a new HW champ:

(A) Chiek Kongo vs. Fabricio Werdum
    (B) Tim Sylvia vs. Heath Herring

(C) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
    (D) Andrei Arlovski vs. Mirko Cro Cop

I would have the winner of Kongo/Werdum fight the winner of Sylvia/Herring. And then have the winner of Nogueira/Gonzaga fight the winner of Arlovski/Cro Cop. Then the ultimate 2 winners face off to crown the champ. With this setup we would be able to see; potential great matchups (Arlovski/Cro Cop, Arlovski/Nogueira, Nogueira/Gonzaga) anticipated rematches (Nogueira/Cro Cop II, Cro Cop/Gonzaga II, Gonzaga/Werdum II) and there are minimal potential boring fights (Arlovski/Sylvia IV, Sylvia/Kongo)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma View Post

I would have the winner of Kongo/Werdum fight the winner of Sylvia/Herring. And then have the winner of Nogueira/Gonzaga fight the winner of Arlovski/Cro Cop. Then the ultimate 2 winners face off to crown the champ. With this setup we would be able to see; potential great matchups (Arlovski/Cro Cop, Arlovski/Nogueira, Nogueira/Gonzaga) anticipated rematches (Nogueira/Cro Cop II, Cro Cop/Gonzaga II, Gonzaga/Werdum II) and there are minimal potential boring fights (Arlovski/Sylvia IV, Sylvia/Kongo)
    Thats not bad, how about it all happen in one night like the old grand prix tournaments. That would kick so much ass

I feel something like that would really legitimize the heavyweight division as well. No sleeper decisions or lopsided clinch and prays; pure blood and guts in a single evening would really seperate the truly exceptional from the borderline competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanav View Post
    Thats not bad, how about it all happen in one night like the old grand prix tournaments. That would kick so much ass
    i doubt they could get it sanctioned to all be in one night, but id think it would be better if they had it spread out over a couple of cards; that would build up soooo much more hype/anticipation

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by onebigeric View Post
    I feel something like that would really legitimize the heavyweight division as well. No sleeper decisions or lopsided clinch and prays; pure blood and guts in a single evening would really seperate the truly exceptional from the borderline competent.
    Thats kinda how I see it too. cuz some of them are riding pretty high on luck, we'll see if they can make lightning strike twice in one night.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

i doubt they could get it sanctioned to all be in one night, but id think it would be better if they had it spread out over a couple of cards; that would build up soooo much more hype/anticipation
    If pride and k-1 can do it, why the hell couldnt the ufc do it.

Well could and would are two different things, cuz dana white is a piss poor sport, I doubt he would put on a show like that, inspite of how big it could be.

^cause it WONT be sanctioned, the NSAC or the CSAC wont sanction a fighter fighting more than once in a night, neither would any other AC in the US

K-1 and PRIDE managed to do it cause it was in Japan

I like it, that would be a great way for them to figure this division out. I would not mind another Sylvia/Arlovski fight with a healthy and aggresive Arlovski proving once and for all that he is a better fighter than he has shown the last 2 times against Tim - that way it is put to bed.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^cause it WONT be sanctioned, the NSAC or the CSAC wont sanction a fighter fighting more than once in a night, neither would any other AC in the US

K-1 and PRIDE managed to do it cause it was in Japan
    Why do I keep hearing about fighters from those organizations still adhereing to nsac then. Maybe Im confused and heard it wrong :dunnodude:

Anyways, I think grand prix tournaments are as safe as a regular match up anyways, so I think the nevada should legalize it.

^thats only if any other org goes to the US, or if the UFC goes anywhere where theres isnt a AC

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions