• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Legs Shake

G

grtrat1

When I do my leg extension, my legs shake pretty bad.. No matter what weight I use, they still shake.

Anyone know why this happens?

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I do my leg extension, my legs shake pretty bad.. No matter what weight I use, they still shake.

Anyone know why this happens?

I don't no exactly as to why, but im sure if did a search, you would come with some answers. But I think the cause could be many things: Mineral/electrolyte imbalance (calcium/potassium/sodium). Lack of hydration. Very low glycogen. Low blood sugar.

G

grtrat1

They only shake when I do my leg extensions.. They dont shake anyother time.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mostly likely its just because your muscles aren't used to it. Keep at it and it will probably go away. You need to work on the mind to muscle connection.

G

grtrat1

Mostly likely its just because your muscles aren't used to it. Keep at it and it will probably go away. You need to work on the mind to muscle connection.
I do I yell "QUIT F'IN SHAKIN DAMMIT" ....

Where in Fla are you located. Im just north of Clearwater.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Learn to love the shake! That is just your muscles contracting and there is nothing to be worried about. The shake will decrease with experience!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Second that. You muscles get a better inter/intramuscular coordiantion when you get more experienced. So in a few weeks it will be gone.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am from Stuart, right about west palm but I am in school up in Orlando now.

G

grtrat1

Thanks guys.

S

SRLift

What part of your workout are you doing them? I know that happens to me when I do them at the end of my workouts and my quads are really getting worked hard. Most likely incomplete tetanus in the muscle due to fatigue

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They only shake when I do my leg extensions.. They dont shake anyother time.

All the more reason to forget the leg extensions and head to the squat rack and leg press :coolguy: