• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Coca Cola Zero

• Thread starter Basebodyfitnesspaul
  • Start date
Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats the big idea? :dunnodude:.

Is it actually a much better thing to be drinking than the original coca cola or diet coca cola? I ask this because i really do like coca cola, i have some kind of gawd damn minor addiction to the black liquid gold, i just can't help myself. But seens as coca cola is not so great in order to lead a healthy lifestyle i wanted to try to start drinking something that wasn't quite so unhealthy.

P.s. I don't actually mind the taste of Coke Zero, not as nice as ordinary Coke, but i am willing to make sacrifices.

Base

T

Thorhauge

What the big idea is?

It's a zero calorie soft drink. Basically it's being promoted as the 'coke light - for men'. If you're on a strict diet it'll be a good idea to drink this instead of regular coke.

faiz

faiz

well if your not using slin, there is no need for drinking a cup of sugar

diet coke coker zero is much better u get the taste without the sugar

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i haven't had it, i don't really drink alot of pop, but when i do its usually with a cheat meal so i just have a regular coke or pepsi

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive heard that diet soda is supposed to be worse than anything, cause it shuts down the bodys own production of insulin and can lead to diabetus or something(?) + the aspartam in diet sodas will give u cancer:ughnoes:

why not just limit ur intake:e5dunno: its not either quitting something completely or drink heaps of it, unless your cutting for a show or something i dont see the big deal in having a coke from time to time. after training for example it may even be beneficial.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what is the difference between diet coke and coke zero other than can design?

Ryan.C

Ryan.C

Coke Zero Ingredients
Coke's marketing people talk about "zero consequences", but can they promise Coke Zero's ingredients are without consequences?

The ingredients (as written in bold) are listed on Australian cans of Coke Zero. Water anyone?

Carbonated water
Colour (150d) - aka "Sulphite Ammonia Caramel"
Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid" (Also used for rust removal!)
Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates" (Also used in photography and as an anticoagulant of blood stored for transfusion!)
Flavour
Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)
Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium" (Looking for reasons to avoid this sweetener? Look no further...)
Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate" (Undiluted this stuff isn't too bad... Just don't let it touch your skin!)
Caffeine
"Two all beef patties..."
Practice this catchy line and impress your friends...
"I'll have a glass of carbonated water with Sulphite Ammonia Caramel, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Citrates, Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Sodium Benzoate, flavour and caffeine please. I'm on a health kick."

2005 Study links Aspartame with cancer - available at the US government's NIH website

From the Conclusions... "Our study shows that Aspartame is a multi-potential carcinogenic compound whose carcinogenic effects are evident even at a daily dose of 20 mg/kg bw, much less than the current ADI for humans in Europe (40 mg/kg bw) and in the United States (50 mg/kg bw).
...The results of our study therefore call for an urgent reexamination of the present guidelines on the use and consumption of Aspartame. The decision to use experimental data to protect public health is important because the time span of widespread Aspartame use is still too brief to have produced solid epidemiologic data. Moreover, it is unlikely that sufficient epidemiologic data will be available in the near future, given the difficulty of finding a control group that has not been exposed to this widely diffused compound."

Please note: While all care was taken in the research for this page, we make no warranty as to the accuracy of anything at this site. If you're a lawyer, this is for you. We relied on the internet to access all data, and have cited all sources where appropriate. We did our best, but we recommend you do your own research. If you've got a correction or comment, email tim[at]thezeromovement.org

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats the big idea? :dunnodude:.

Is it actually a much better thing to be drinking than the original coca cola or diet coca cola? I ask this because i really do like coca cola, i have some kind of gawd damn minor addiction to the black liquid gold, i just can't help myself. But seens as coca cola is not so great in order to lead a healthy lifestyle i wanted to try to start drinking something that wasn't quite so unhealthy.

P.s. I don't actually mind the taste of Coke Zero, not as nice as ordinary Coke, but i am willing to make sacrifices.

Base

I also have that "minor addiction". Haven't seen the coke zero yet. Will give it a try, but if it doesn't taste like the real stuff, it will be back to the black gold after the first tin.

Remember in the 80s they tried changing the formula of Coke and it tasted weird. Sales went down quickly and they went back to the original?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coke Zero tastes great, especially the vanilla... I dont drink soft drinks but I have tried. If youo have the cravings, you might as well drink coke zero and avoid the high sugar content that has no beneficial nutrional value.

On the matter of aspertame, is it just me or is it crazy that a known carcinogen is used in drinks that are consumed as much as diet sodas? People sue the shit out of drug companies, for side effects caused by their drugs. Yet soda companies get away with putting a known carcinogen in their drinks? Now many are switching to splenda, thank god, and the taste is better than diet. I just stick to water and coffee :D

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea um i would avoid anything artificially sweetened. Mainly bc your body is unable to process the sweetener. Articficial sugars do raise blood sugar and do get the body to release insulin reguardless of what people have told you.

Dont feel bad my sister who has a degree in nutritional biochemistry helped me out with that one. Im in school for dietetics and have learned such information since then but 2 years ago i didn't know it,a nd thats when i got pwned in a nutrition converstaion about my preworkout energizer

:49:

God Bless
Ben

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
wayneizgod

wayneizgod

I don't even like the taste of it

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can tell you not to try drinking it.coca cola drinks are not healthy and researchers say it damages the liver with time.Try taking healthy stuffs like water,milk,smothies,juices which are made from natural stuff unlike coca cola which has chemicals and additives.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I do not like any carbonated drinks. I rarely take them unless with alcohol and that is once in a blue moon. I prefer juice. I blend all my fruits and make a cocktail but I mostly love water. I know it is tasteless but it has all the health benefits you require. The chemicals used to make these drinks have a side effect on our body and as much as we cannot see them they can cause a huge problem later in life. Some of the diseases include diabetes and obesity.

luri

luri

Banned
I don't think switching to coco-cola zero is a healthy option. However, it can be considered a better alternative to regular coco-cola that is nothing but sugar. Coco cola zero contains artificial sweetener which can be very bad for your heart.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a Coke drinker but the regular Coke in can. When we are in a restaurant and the waiter would offer me drinks and would ask if I prefer Coke Zero my usual reply is – oh, no, not Coke Zero, that is for the aged people. I normally get a laugh but I am serious. If Coke is bad for me then how come my great uncle was still drinking that even on the last month of his life… when he was already 106. Anyway, when it comes to drinks and food it is always to each his own. What I enjoy is what I prefer.

L

lokielovesbunny

Well, it's an individual choice I think people who count their calories go with Coca-Cola zero, or most probably they have a habit to drink every now and then, I have seen people enjoying Coca-Cola zero with the food or snacks. if you are using it excessively, it may have an adverse effect on health. We should chose the natural drink, coconut-water, juices, and all rather than artificial drinks