• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Satisfaction at the gym

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So many of us go to the gym for strength (powerlifters) or physique or simply to stay in shape. I'm the last 2. But going to the gym is a bit more than that for me as well.

At the gym, I take time to take out some anger: when the girl I like doesn't want to do date at the moment but she likes me, when I say a few things to her that come out the wrong way and I feel I upset her when I don't have any intention of hurting her, when I finish my 4 years at a university and obtain a degree yet the economy is so shitty that the jobs in your industry aren't available putting your dreams on hold longer, when I have to go back to my old job because you can't utilize your degree and everyone says "wow, that college degree finally paid off, huh?" further letting me know what a shitty situation I'm in, when I see girls screw over my friends and see how devastated they are only bothers me, when things just doesn't seem to go MY way...and that is just the surface.

If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be pushing people instead of pushing iron off my chest. If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be uppercutting people instead of working out my arms. If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be kicking people instead of doing legs. Only at the gym can you take your aggression out and use it to your benefit. Only at the gym can you use your emotions to push yourself farther. Only at the gym can you deal with your problems on your own. Fuck a psychologist or psychiatrist...I have my hour and a half everyday where my emotions are shown thrown my workout and feel well about myself after I'm done punishing the weights, not myself.

Goddamn, I love the gym...

bb4life

bb4life

Absolutely, nice story.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
werd, that is a bad ass post bro :xyxthumbs:

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good stuff man, I feel the same way.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
couldnt have put it better myself

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Everyone has that one thing that brings them back down to earth. Some resort to alcohol, drugs, hookers, teletubbies, cutting, etc. I just feel that you can get the most out of lifting and sports. I golf, too, but it is hard to concentrate sometimes when I golf when I have things on my mind so I lift instead. Just feels good and I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Prote

Prote

"If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be pushing people instead of pushing iron off my chest. If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be uppercutting people instead of working out my arms. If it wasn't for the gym, I'd be kicking people instead of doing legs." - mexiFRO

Great story man! The couple of sentences that I quoted were really cool!

I have noticed too that in the gym all your worries seem to be forgotten for a little while. Great way to use agression for your own benefit!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tru dat mexiFRO!

I have noticed too that in the gym all your worries seem to be forgotten for a little while.

I second that...I have absolutely NO worries when I'm training....it's really difficult to explain to an ordinary person but I guess as soon as I step into the gym my mind's so focussed on the task ahead that all else is forgotten

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Word, the gym is a great place to forget your worries.