• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is Organic Food?

J

justin56

Hi everybody,
What is organic food and how does it differ from normal food? Does organic food taste better? How does it work for any kind of disease?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Organic foods are produced according to certain production standards. For crops, it means they were grown without the use of conventional pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste, or sewage sludge, and that they were processed without ionizing radiation or food additives.

For animals, it means they were reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones. In most countries, organic produce must not be genetically modified.

Increasingly, organic food production is legally regulated. Currently, the United States, the European Union, Japan and many other countries require producers to obtain organic certification in order to market food as organic.

Historically, organic farms have been relatively small family run farms which is why organic food was once only available in small stores or farmers' markets. Now, organic foods are becoming much more widely available, organic food sales within the United States have grown by 17 to 20 percent a year for the past few years, while sales of conventional food have grown at only about 2 to 3 percent a year.

This large growth is predicted to continue, and many companies are jumping into the market.

hugegunns

hugegunns

If your stats are right, this might be something to look into as far as the stock market goes!

A

austinjose

Re: What is Organic Foods!

Hi,
Organic food production is based on a system of farming that maintains and replenishes the fertility of the soil. Organic foods are produced without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. Organic foods are minimally processed to maintain the integrity of the food without artificial ingredients, preservatives or irradiation.

Organic food is really taste better than other food. Natural and organic food not only tastes better than mainstream supermarket fare. It can also serve as a "supplement" to your health insurance policy, protecting you from developing heart and lung disease, Alzheimer's disease, a weakened immune system and inflammatory diseases like arthritis. For more information on organic food, products and environmental issues,

S

spacedirector

I am very lucky becouse live, where i live. Do you know, how cow or chicken realy look? :D

S

steven7

Banned
Hi,
This is Steven. I like this forum very much. Nourish your body with Naturally Nova Scotia's certified organic whole food supplements. Made with real food as Mother Nature intended.

==================================
steven7
visit
Organic Whole Food Nourishment

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi,
This is Steven. I like this forum very much. Nourish your body with Naturally Nova Scotia's certified organic whole food supplements. Made with real food as Mother Nature intended.

steven7
visit

Thanks for the advert and bumping a year old thread Steve.

How about backing up this organic food is better claim with some real science for us :rofl3:

I'm itching for an organic vs conventional debate. :turborun:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Hi everybody,
What is organic food? And how it differ from normal foods, does organic food taste better? How does it work for any kind of disease?
Thanks!

Well justin,

yours sincerely,
lord of the dance

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Lol

Pity organic is such a crock of shit (the term shit because organic and biodynamic food is notoriously high in faecal matter contamination).

FACT: organic isn't higher in nutrition, they are in fact lower. The only reason they can be higher is when produce is compared between fresh picked and ethelyne ripened foods.

FACT: organic agriculture needs conventional agriculture to be productive. Organic farms would be over-run with pests and diseases otherwise.

FACT: organic food products are allowed to contain conventional agriculture products. You are paying for a feel good label!!!

FACT: GM has been used and consumed by millions of people for over a decade with no ill effects and no "destruction of the environment". GM is nothing more than a sped up breeding program. Plant and animal breeding has been in place for ~10,000 years, nothing un-natural about that.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Hi,

steven7
visit
Hi,
My name is Tech. I hate you.

==================================D

Tech7

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Hi,
My name is Tech. I hate you.

==================================D

Tech7

bigbowrofl-1.gif

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought you were "Tech9" tech :bitenails:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Lol

Pity organic is such a crock of shit (the term shit because organic and biodynamic food is notoriously high in faecal matter contamination).

FACT: organic isn't higher in nutrition, they are in fact lower. The only reason they can be higher is when produce is compared between fresh picked and ethelyne ripened foods.

FACT: organic agriculture needs conventional agriculture to be productive. Organic farms would be over-run with pests and diseases otherwise.

FACT: organic food products are allowed to contain conventional agriculture products. You are paying for a feel good label!!!

FACT: GM has been used and consumed by millions of people for over a decade with no ill effects and no "destruction of the environment". GM is nothing more than a sped up breeding program. Plant and animal breeding has been in place for ~10,000 years, nothing un-natural about that.

And to top that off as far as vegetables are concerned a large majority of the pesticides bind to the fiber in the vegetables, which is another great reason to use a vegetable juicer.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And to top that off as far as vegetables are concerned a large majority of the pesticides bind to the fiber in the vegetables, which is another great reason to use a vegetable juicer.

Pesticides and herbicides usually degrade rather quickly. Anything that is absorbed is purely the outer layer. Washing, eating the middle and not the skin, or juicing are all good options. But really aside from some long life pesticides (which shouldn't be sprayed close to harvest anyway by law) most things will have degraded or become bound by the time any human contact comes into play.

Biggest risks of herbicides and pesticides is environmental. Spray drift is of more concern, as is waterway contamination. This is usually due to misuse of chemical applications. But then again we have xanoestrogenic compounds and industrial pollution in the water anyway that account for more problems anyway.

H

homegymexpert

If your stats are right, this might be something to look into as far as the stock market goes!

Have you seen whole foods stock price recently? The competition in the industry is intense!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
KFC = For animals, it means they were reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones. In most countries, organic produce must not be genetically modified????

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Love the enthusiasm Tim, when I saw the title of this thread I knew you were ganna be all over it.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its a sales pitch and old people fall for it all the time.