• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutting Diet

MetalMX

MetalMX

Hey, i just need some information on how to create this diet for workout-days non-workouts, the amounts and rotating carbs if necessary. I have flaxseed oil how much would i need to be using daily on a cut?

Also i'm taking a week off right now from training as i haven't had one in 6 months, for recovery.

Soon im going to be using something like this for during/postworkout:

Vitrago CGL or Waxy Maize + Hydrolyzed Whey Protein + CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) the new kind or Creatine Mono + Leucine + Glutamine

Stats:
6"2
235lbs
BF 18-20%

Meal 1:
Oatmeal + 8 egg whites + 1 whole egg or (tsp flaxseed oil)

Preworkout:
2 scoops Preworkout supp (one scoop = 9g of carbs)

During:
Bcaa's + creatine + glutamine (Evolution XT) 36 calories.

Nitrotech Shake, + banana or vitargo CGL (to about 30g carbs)

Meal 3:
Chicken + Vegetables

Meal 4:
Tuna + vegetables

Meal 5:
Chicken or lean beef + vegetables

Meal 6:
cottage cheese + whey protein

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that seems pretty low carb you gotta eat alot of protein to make up the calories...do you plan on using that everyday? Id recommend doing like 1g of carbs per pound of bodyweight then every 5-6 days do 2-3 days in a row of less than 100g carbs a day.

MetalMX

MetalMX

at one gram per pound i still find it hard to get lean... low carb low to moderate fat and high protein is the best for my bodytype since i tend to be endo/meso i gain muscle very well but gain fat very fast as well. If i do low carb with a carb up meal every 3rd day it works.

faiz

faiz

Hey, i just need some information on how to create this diet for workout-days non-workouts, the amounts and rotating carbs if necessary. I have flaxseed oil how much would i need to be using daily on a cut?

Also i'm taking a week off right now from training as i haven't had one in 6 months, for recovery.

Soon im going to be using something like this for during/postworkout:

Vitrago CGL or Waxy Maize + Hydrolyzed Whey Protein + CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) the new kind or Creatine Mono + Leucine + Glutamine

Stats:
6"2
235lbs
BF 18-20%

Meal 1:
Oatmeal + 8 egg whites + 1 whole egg or (tsp flaxseed oil)

Preworkout:
2 scoops Preworkout supp (one scoop = 9g of carbs)

During:
Bcaa's + creatine + glutamine (Evolution XT) 36 calories.

Nitrotech Shake, + banana or vitargo CGL (to about 30g carbs)

Meal 3:
Chicken + Vegetables

Meal 4:
Tuna + vegetables

Meal 5:
Chicken or lean beef + vegetables

Meal 6:
cottage cheese + whey protein

can u add the macros (total and per meal)?

MetalMX

MetalMX

im still not sure on the amounts i need thats why im asking. what formula would u use for grams of protein carbs and fats per pound of bodyweight for a cut?

I was thinking either 30-40-30 Carbs, Proteins, Fats or 40, 30, 30 Carbs proteins fats or 40, 40, 20 carbs proteins fats which would be the best?

MetalMX

MetalMX

wat macro ration would u recommend 40-35-25 C,P,F would that work? with fats coming from the meats and flaxseed oil only

MetalMX

MetalMX

So far ive got 35-40-25, CPF, Split into 6 meals

Totals: 2100 calories
210g of protein
183g of carbs
58g of fats
(on workout days i add a preworkout supp 2 scoops totalling 18g of carbs 72 calories + inworkout creatine/bcaa's drink 36 calories)

Each meal has:

30g Carbs, 35g Protein, 9-10g of fat

From diet alone i should be losing 1.2lbs per week and the three 30min cardio sessions postworkout should reduce another .3 pounds per week... losing 1.5lbs per week.

How does that look?

Lifting 3-4 days a week, 60 seconds rest between sets, 70-75minutes weight training with 30min low intensity cardio postworkout.... will possibly be adding 1-2 HIIT sessions during the week.

faiz

faiz

its not bad..

there is no set ratio, you know what i mean? some people can diet on high carbs, other cant' do this for a few weeks and judge by the mirror. IF your not loosing drop the carbs, if your loosing to fast up the carbs..

faiz

faiz

So far ive got 35-40-25, CPF, Split into 6 meals

Totals: 2100 calories
210g of protein
183g of carbs
58g of fats
(on workout days i add a preworkout supp 2 scoops totalling 18g of carbs 72 calories + inworkout creatine/bcaa's drink 36 calories)

Each meal has:

30g Carbs, 35g Protein, 9-10g of fat

From diet alone i should be losing 1.2lbs per week and the three 30min cardio sessions postworkout should reduce another .3 pounds per week... losing 1.5lbs per week.

How does that look?

Lifting 3-4 days a week, 60 seconds rest between sets, 70-75minutes weight training with 30min low intensity cardio postworkout.... will possibly be adding 1-2 HIIT sessions during the week.

Okay,

lets see meal 6 should be a pro-fat meal.. the last meal before bed.
secondly from your first diet you didnt have any real fat sources in your diet..

i belive it was the tuna+ veg , chicken +veg , 2scoop whey, and whey and cheese.

I would add fish oil. to those meals... to complete the meal..

(pro/fat)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MetalMX

MetalMX

My maintainence is 3000-3200.... so 2100kcals spread out through 6 meals wont be enough food... so i might increase it to 2300 to achieve a 600-700kcal deficit. Would u guys keep the diet the same on workout days or change it up a bit? calorie wise...

Even if i say its 2100 calories im counting only protein and carbs during the first five meals and protein and fat in the last one so in the first 5 each meal will add a little bit of fat from the protein and carb sources automatically bumping up the calories to about 2300-2400 for the day.

Im also going to change it to 40-40-20 with my last meal being a protein/fat meal with 30g of protein and about 16g of fat coming from 30g of peanut butter, and not include fats in other meals hows that look?

I need to buy some fish oil to add to the diet as well.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Ok heres the final diet:

2300 calories, 40-40-20, C,P,F.
First Five meals 38 carbs, 38 protein, 8.5 fat.
Last Meal 30g of protein 17g of fat.

Meal One:
60g of oats
7-8 egg whites
2 slices fat free cheese

Meal Two:
Protein Powder 1 1/2 scoops
250ml's skim milk
Medium Apple

Meal Three:
Tuna 170g
Brown Rice 120g
1 tsp Peanut butter
Vegetables

Meal Four:
110g chicken breast
60g oats

Meal Five:
175g lean grilled fish
1 slice fat free cheese
110g wholegrain pasta
1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
vegetables

Meal 6:
one scoop protein powder
100g cottage cheese
30g (1 1/2 Tbs Peanut Butter)

Exactly 2,296 cals :p.

MetalMX

MetalMX

If my maintainance is about 3000 calories... will 600-700kcals be enough of a calorie deficit? As i lose bodyfat ill lower the calories 2200, 2100, 2000 etc.

Can anyone help me out here? Should i do a carb rotation or something low, moderate, high days etc?

faiz

faiz

Drop the milk

Drop the pasta

Drop the cheese

Drop the apple

add more efa's in your diet.

MetalMX

MetalMX

not even one piece of fruit a day? I've read layne norton's aricles he says you can have 2-3 pieces of fruit max a day while cutting and he knows what he's talking about. Ok ill drop the pasta and milk...

Ill replace the milk with an extra 1/2 scoop of protein and replace the pasta with sweet potato... should i drop the carbs in the last two meals completely or keep the carbs in the second last meal on training days?

I want maximum fat loss at the moment.

How should this be adjusted if i do HIIT on an off day once or twice a week?

Ok so adjusted looks like:

Meal One:
60g of oats
11 egg whites

Meal Two:
Protein Powder 2 scoops
Medium Apple

Meal Three:
Tuna 170g
Brown Rice 120g
Vegetables

Meal Four:
110g chicken breast
60g oats

Meal Five:
185g lean grilled fish
1 Tbs flaxseed oil
vegetables

Meal 6:
one scoop protein powder
100g cottage cheese
1 Tbs Flaxseed oil

Note: meal 2 is a postworkout meal so ill either have fruit or vitargo for carbs.

MetalMX

MetalMX

How do i adjust calories for training days/non-training days... i know im suppose to add calories for HIIT cardio and weight training.... so am i suppose to have a calorie deficit from diet and cardio alone or as well as weight training?

So if i do 1hr weights i add the calories from that to my diet, or if i do HIIT i add the caloires that ive burnt.... but if i do regular cardio i don't add extra calories. Is this right?

And do u guys know any sites that count calories burnt during training etc?

My maintanence is 2600 on days i do no exercise while my maintainence is 3000 on days i do weight training. So im thinking i should take in 2000 on non-exercise days and 2400 on weight training days?

faiz

faiz

not even one piece of fruit a day? I've read layne norton's aricles he says you can have 2-3 pieces of fruit max a day while cutting and he knows what he's talking about. Ok ill drop the pasta and milk...

Ill replace the milk with an extra 1/2 scoop of protein and replace the pasta with sweet potato... should i drop the carbs in the last two meals completely or keep the carbs in the second last meal on training days?

I want maximum fat loss at the moment.

How should this be adjusted if i do HIIT on an off day once or twice a week?

Ok so adjusted looks like:

Meal One:
60g of oats
11 egg whites

Meal Two:
Protein Powder 2 scoops
Medium Apple

Meal Three:
Tuna 170g
Brown Rice 120g
Vegetables

Meal Four:
110g chicken breast
60g oats

Meal Five:
185g lean grilled fish
1 Tbs flaxseed oil
vegetables

Meal 6:
one scoop protein powder
100g cottage cheese
1 Tbs Flaxseed oil

Note: meal 2 is a postworkout meal so ill either have fruit or vitargo for carbs.

Layne norton is natty, you plan to use a wide array of anabolics so the fruit can be cut out...

diet looks good. now but remove the cottage cheese from meal 6 and see if you can get steak or salmon with veggies in steak of whey.

MetalMX

MetalMX

I think i tweaked it now pretty well for more calories around workouts when really needed and less when im not doing much:

Meal 1:
8 large egg whites
60g Oats
1 Tbsp Natty PB
(Preworkout Drink comprising of 18g's of carbs)

Meal one totals: 605 cals... 54 protein... 57 carbs... 14 fat

Workout (weights + 30min low intensity cardio after)

Meal 2:
2 1/2 Scoops of Whey
1 Serve of Vitargo CGL

Meal two totals: 560 cals... 56 pro....62 carb....

Meal 3:
8 egg whites or 170g of Tuna
Brown Rice 70-80g

Meal 3 totals: 310.... 44 protein.... 20 carbs.... 2g fat

Meal 4:
224g of Chicken Breast
Vegetables

Meal 4 Totals: 320cals...65pro....

Meal 5:
170g Tuna
1 Tbsp Flaxseed Oil

Meal 5 totals.... 300cals... 37.5pro.... 14g fat

Meal 6:

2 scoops of Whey 260cals.... 46g....protein
OR
Extra Lean Thin Cut Steak + Vegetables

About: 2350
300g of Protein
150g of Carbs
50g of Fat

I actually found this diet on the forums... faiz you made it for someone else and it had the same amount of calories that i need so i just tweaked it slightly for myself. Thanks Faiz. Serb i think 10% of calories coming from fat is too low for me when cutting i never work well on very low fat but i guess its up to individuals, thanks guys :).

MetalMX

MetalMX

Weird today i felt pretty weak in the gym and i actually feel like ive put on weight in the lower back area if not then huge amounts of water retention in that area??? Any idea what this could be guys this is within starting the diet about 3 days in. I did Weights & 30min cardio saturday, HIIT 30minutes Sunday and today weights & 20mins incline very fast walking.

I was reading online that this could be a sign of adrenal fatigue/ high cortisol levels any ideas guys?

And even though i'm eating below maintainence the calories i do eat are being stored as bodyfat because of the high cortisol level from the training while im left with low energy and fatigue and more hunger. Now i know why i was actually putting on weight while using stimulants like clen, they increase cortisol levels a hell of a lot!