• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Benefit of Fish Oil

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, what’s the big deal with fish oils? I’m sure all of you who are reading this page right now have heard about the benefits of fish oil and it’s amazing properties but are still a little confused as to what fish oil actually does.

Well, I can tell you that the number one benefit of fish oil is it’s ability to provide you with a very important fatty acid called omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids have amazing healing abilities and belong to a special kind of polyunsaturated fat found mostly in fish.

Of all the dietary fats, only two polyunsaturated fats are considered essential. They are called linoleic acid and linolenic acid and your body cannot naturally make these fats; you have to get them from food. These fats are required for normal growth, the maintenance of cell membranes, and healthy arteries and nerves.

As well, essential fats keep your skin smooth and lubricate and protects your joints. Also, essential fats assist in the breakdown and metabolism of cholesterol.

The benefit of fish oil is to help provide you with omega 3 fatty acids which have far reaching benefits on health. Research has shown that they lower blood levels of triglycerides and very low density lipoproteins which is potentially dangerous to the heart. Triglycerides is a true fat and is stored in fat tissue and muscle. Too much of this kind of fat can be very dangerous to your health.

Here’s why omega 3's are very important and probably the most important benefit of fish oil. Cholesterol may be present in blood as a component of low density lipoprotein or of high density lipoprotein. Both of these elements affect heart disease risk differently. Low density lipoprotein and very low density lipoprotein contains greater amount of cholesterol and may be responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls.

This kind of lipoprotein is a bad cholesterol and the lower your blood value, the better.

High density lipoprotein contains smaller amounts of cholesterol and it’s number one job is to cruise your arteries to remove cholesterol from the cells in the artery wall and transport it back to the liver. Once back in the liver, it is either re-processed or shipped out of the body as waste. High density lipoprotein is considered a good cholesterol and the more you have, the better.

So, you can see why fish oil is considered very beneficial, it contains large amounts of omega 3's which, as you can see from the above explanation, helps improves the health of your arteries and therefore, your heart.

Based on these benefits, The American Health Association recommends that you eat at least two to three fish meals per week. The best fish sources of omega 3 fatty acids are mackerel, sardines, herring, salmon, and albacore tuna are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. However, fish oil can be a good supplement if you are averse to eating fish two to three times per week. You can get fish oil in liquid or capsule form.

There are other important benefits of fish oil as well. There are clinical trials underway, that are showing, the oil in fatty fish is significant as a treatment for attention deficit disorder and schizophrenia as well. Fish oils have also been effective in reducing inflammation in people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis.

In terms of building muscle and weight training, fish oil can be a beneficial supplement. I would recommend that you stick closely to the recommendations on the labels and do not go overboard on the fish oil.

Now you can protect your body from diseases and get your Omega 3 fat intake in one convenient supplement. But before taking and selecting a particular supplement, you have to take advices from experts or family doctor.

You can also explore the world wide web for more Information about the benefits of fish oil.

http://www.building-muscle101.com/benefit-of-fish-oil.html

P

perfectzero

Good post. Cheers.

P

power

fish oil

Alright, what’s the big deal with fish oils? I’m sure all of you who are reading this page right now have heard about the benefits of fish oil and it’s amazing properties but are still a little confused as to what fish oil actually does.

Well, I can tell you that the number one benefit of fish oil is it’s ability to provide you with a very important fatty acid called omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids have amazing healing abilities and belong to a special kind of polyunsaturated fat found mostly in fish.

Of all the dietary fats, only two polyunsaturated fats are considered essential. They are called linoleic acid and linolenic acid and your body cannot naturally make these fats; you have to get them from food. These fats are required for normal growth, the maintenance of cell membranes, and healthy arteries and nerves.

As well, essential fats keep your skin smooth and lubricate and protects your joints. Also, essential fats assist in the breakdown and metabolism of cholesterol.

The benefit of fish oil is to help provide you with omega 3 fatty acids which have far reaching benefits on health. Research has shown that they lower blood levels of triglycerides and very low density lipoproteins which is potentially dangerous to the heart. Triglycerides is a true fat and is stored in fat tissue and muscle. Too much of this kind of fat can be very dangerous to your health.

Here’s why omega 3's are very important and probably the most important benefit of fish oil. Cholesterol may be present in blood as a component of low density lipoprotein or of high density lipoprotein. Both of these elements affect heart disease risk differently. Low density lipoprotein and very low density lipoprotein contains greater amount of cholesterol and may be responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls.

This kind of lipoprotein is a bad cholesterol and the lower your blood value, the better.

High density lipoprotein contains smaller amounts of cholesterol and it’s number one job is to cruise your arteries to remove cholesterol from the cells in the artery wall and transport it back to the liver. Once back in the liver, it is either re-processed or shipped out of the body as waste. High density lipoprotein is considered a good cholesterol and the more you have, the better.

So, you can see why fish oil is considered very beneficial, it contains large amounts of omega 3's which, as you can see from the above explanation, helps improves the health of your arteries and therefore, your heart.

Based on these benefits, The American Health Association recommends that you eat at least two to three fish meals per week. The best fish sources of omega 3 fatty acids are mackerel, sardines, herring, salmon, and albacore tuna are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. However, fish oil can be a good supplement if you are averse to eating fish two to three times per week. You can get fish oil in liquid or capsule form.

There are other important benefits of fish oil as well. There are clinical trials underway, that are showing, the oil in fatty fish is significant as a treatment for attention deficit disorder and schizophrenia as well. Fish oils have also been effective in reducing inflammation in people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and ulcerative colitis.

In terms of building muscle and weight training, fish oil can be a beneficial supplement. I would recommend that you stick closely to the recommendations on the labels and do not go overboard on the fish oil.

Now you can protect your body from diseases and get your Omega 3 fat intake in one convenient supplement. But before taking and selecting a particular supplement, you have to take advices from experts or family doctor.

You can also explore the world wide web for more Information about the benefits of fish oil.

http://www.building-muscle101.com/benefit-of-fish-oil.html

The only issue i have with it, is that in liquid form the suggested serveings is 2 servings = to 320 calories and 36 grams of fat> I am already taking 50 to 60 grams of fat because of my bodybuilding diet. Adding 36 grams of fat form fish oil to 60 grams of fats, that's too much fat. I am going stop taking the fish oil. I can't take the pills they are too big.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright man, which ever way works for you is fine. Just as long as your getting your recommended fats, that's ok!

R

rogerrockmore

oh now i know, thanks for sharing man!

Last edited by a moderator:
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great Post, Fish oil's are a fav of mine.

F

FiveStarG

if the pills are a issue...GNC now has orange flavored chewables! the only thing is each chewable only has 180 mg! taste great but could end up being costly since every bag is 20 dollars and theres only 60 chewables!

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice post. Fish oils are great

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Very nice post fish oil has many benifits i raised my dosage while doing my h-drol cycle it has helped with joint dryness and stiffness good stuff:xyxthumbs: