• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Blood Work

MetalMX

MetalMX

Just wanted to post my blood work that i got from my endo if anyone can give me any advice. It appears i have hypothyroidism specifically autoimmune's. On the blood test i got i didn't get any normal ranges next to my results very weird and i'm unable to interpret in what form these tests are measured.

Doctor has put on me 100mg of T4 thyroxine for the next 6-8 weeks to see how i go, will be taking it for the rest of my life. I was thinking of looking into using armour thyroid but don't know how to get it because it isn't made in australia.

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - 7.72 High 1-5 being normal
Free Thyroxine (T4) - 15.0
Triiodothyroxine Free (T3) - 5.2
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) - 5.4 *
Luteinising Hormone (LH) - 1.9 *
Prolactin = 105
Testosterone - 11.5 normal being 8 - 26 nmol/L
DHEAS - 4.5 *
Growth Hormone - 5.4
IGF-1 - 41.5

Immunology

Thyroglobulin Antibodies - 48 *
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 2069 Very High

(all i see is an asterix next to a few of these results don't know what they mean the doc said its all normal lol yeah right)

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Sounds like "Hyperthyreosis"

MetalMX

MetalMX

I don't think it is. I have a low body temperature, gain weight easier than most, joint pain, fatigue & lethargy and thinning hair all symptoms of hypothyroidism. Though i'm not familiar with Hyperthyreosis... but from the word hyper i assume it means an overactivity of some sort

Do you think my LH, FSH, DHEA are low? I think they might be i asked my doctor about the testosterone... he said it'd improve with Thyroxine therapy but i'm not sure it will improve enough to help me gain good amounts of size.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
This is not something I know all that much about.
But the thing I know is that Hyperthyreosis is what it says Hyper Thyroid, your body's stressed out, or atleast your Thyroid hormone. I dont know if the medicine exist in Australia...but here in Sweden people with either Hyperthyreosis or Hypothyreosis is treated with Levaxin. Levaxin even the levels out to a normal level.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Levaxin as in thyroxine. Im pretty sure thats Thyroxine

MetalMX

MetalMX

Today i had the best workout in months! Energy was good, i got through my Back and Tri's workout, 11 sets for back, 7-8 sets for tri's in about 65-70minutes. Never felt better and i'm starting to look a lot better and i'm not even doing cardio. Man i cannot believe i spent a full year training with hypothyroidism pushing myself constantly to the point of exhaustion.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have no clue what these numbers mean bro.. why is your test so low?

he put you on T4??? basically a thyroid hormone?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
T4 is very easy to get, even for your country.. you have a pm.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Basically i have hashimoto's thyroditis where antibodies are mistakenly attacking my thyroid gland its an autoimmune disease. Now with hypothyroidism usually comes low testosterone levels. The endo said to me the test levels will improve with the thyroxine but that is just not the case i need to find a doctor that will do TRT for me because my test levels are clearly low(this was done in the morning) and i've done morning test for T levels before with the same levels. If i can't get anyone to do TRT ill have to do it myself.

If i do a cycle this will probably make recovery more difficult.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff