• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bananas

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are they good for loosing weight fast because i heard they weren't but i may be wrong. They are loaded with potassium and what does that do exactly?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Bananas has fast carbs...Its good after a workout and/or for fast energy

potassium (Calium)

1. What is it and where does it come from?

Potassium (K) is a mineral that performs many functions in the body. Dietary sources of fiber include: tomatoes, citrus fruit, beans, vegetables, milk, bananas and watermelon.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Potassium is utilized by the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nervous system (ANS) controls heart beat, brain functions, and other crucial physiological processes. Potassium has been shown to help maintain healthy blood pressure1. Potassium plays a key role in the function of nerve firing [an involuntary physiologic response to stimuli], and the contraction of muscles. Potassium may help reduce muscle soreness that results from training. Any deficiency in potassium levels may result in decreased strength, and the early onset of exercise induced fatigue. Potassium helps to regulate water balance and is also needed for the synthesis of dietary proteins.

For individuals using diuretics, supplemental potassium can help ensure adequate levels exist within the body for use in the above mentioned processes.

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

Everyone. Signs of deficiency include a weak immune system, susceptibility to overtraining, and an increased need for supplemental glutamine.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

If you are currently supplementing with potassium, or are considering supplementing with potassium, pay careful attention to how much fruit you are eating daily. Fruit contains a high amount of potassium and if you are supplementing with potassium, overdose is a possibility. Taking too much potassium can result in an upset stomach, flatulence, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, and burping. An excessive amount of potassium can result in a heart attack.

Diabetics and persons with kidney failure should consult a qualified medical practitioner prior to the use of potassium supplements. Follow the directions as prescribed on the products label.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ah good read thanks.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i eat one or two bananas a day !!! good stuff :xyxthumbs:

<3Frosty

Post workout shake will always have a banana for me. ALWAYS

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know if they help in losing weight .But I think bananas are good and nutritious and I don't think it can add bad fat to the body.what you should avoid is fast foods

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I love my bananas. I normally take them with tea during breakfast, I love them with rice, but I love them mostly in my cereal of Weetabix. I simply add milk and sugar and I am good to go. They are fruits so I doubt they would have many side effects.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff