• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

President Bush - 19% Approval Ratings

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
George W. Bush's overall job approval rating has dropped to a new low in American Research Group polling as 78% of Americans say that the national economy is getting worse according to the latest survey from the American Research Group.
Among all Americans, 19% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 77% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 14% approve and 79% disapprove.

Among Americans registered to vote, 18% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 78% disapprove. When it comes to the way Bush is handling the economy, 15% of registered voters approve of the way Bush is handling the economy and 79% disapprove.

A total of 78% of Americans say the national economy is getting worse and 47% say the national economy is in a recession. A total of 42% of Americans, however, say they believe the national economy will be better a year from now, which is the highest level for this question in the past year. This optimism does not spread to improvements in household financial situations as 17% of Americans say they expect their household financial situations to be better a year from now, which is the lowest for this question in the past year.

The results presented here are based on 1,100 completed telephone interviews conducted among a nationwide random sample of adults 18 years and older. The interviews were completed February 16 through 19, 2008. The theoretical margin of error for the total sample is plus or minus 2.6 percentage points, 95% of the time, on questions where opinion is evenly split.

Overall, 19% of Americans say that they approve of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president, 77% disapprove, and 4% are undecided.

Source: https://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:

To give a comparison:

50% of Americans believe in Guardian angels.
45% of Americans believe in ghosts.
44% of Americans believe that the world is less than 10,000 years old.
41% of Americans believe that Atlantis once existed.
34% of Americans believe that UFOs of alien origins regularly visit Earth.
24% of Americans believe in witches.
19% of Americans believe that George Bush is doing a good job

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
First.

:hsughr:

What I don't get is how America can elect him and now be so ambivalent. Most people who voted for him are basically admitting they're retards

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
America is in a horrible situation. If McCain gets elected, there will be continual and probably expanding war. If Hilary/Obama get elected, domestic spending will skyrocket.

I think they will be in serious trouble in another few years.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
America is in a horrible situation. If McCain gets elected, there will be continual and probably expanding war. If Hilary/Obama get elected, domestic spending will skyrocket.

We have to finish the war for honor. Let em win. Let em win.

Now we need to attack Iran for extra honor.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think we'll see an end to the war even if nohope nochange Obama gets into office

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think we'll see an end to the war even if nohope nochange Obama gets into office
I promise you, we'll still have bases in Iraq at the end of our lifetime. It's guarenteed. Just like how we're still in South Korea for no reason.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Bush is an idiot, we should end the war. That's why I voted for McCain."

"The economy needs help, so we need to reduce spending. That's why I voted for Clinton/Obama."

Way to go America. :uhoh2:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Don't you mean 'we' will be in serious trouble?

NAU! NAU! NAU!:hsughr:

IMO, President Bush's crippled attempts to emulate Regan's presidency are laughable at best. He needs to quit talking and lock himself in a box for the next ten months; that's the only way his approval rating could possibly rise.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't you mean 'we' will be in serious trouble?

NAU! NAU! NAU!:hsughr:

IMO, President Bush's crippled attempts to emulate Regan's presidency are laughable at best. He needs to quit talking and lock himself in a box for the next ten months; that's the only way his approval rating could possibly rise.

Very good point.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I for one do not give a rats ass what the "american public" thinks, the majority are a bunch of uneducated idiots when it comes to politics or government.
On one hand I too would give Bush low approval rating, but most people do not have legitimate reasons to vote for a candidate let alone rate one. They do not know how our government system works well enough to know who to blame for what.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I for one do not give a rats ass what the "american public" thinks, the majority are a bunch of uneducated idiots when it comes to politics or government.
On one hand I too would give Bush low approval rating, but most people do not have legitimate reasons to vote for a candidate let alone rate one. They do not know how our government system works well enough to know who to blame for what.
That's certainly true, the american public is always placing blame on the wrong people.

Now it sounds like i'm sticking up for Bush.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's certainly true, the american public is always placing blame on the wrong people.

Now it sounds like i'm sticking up for Bush.

Yeah... that is not how I wanted to come off as well. :e5dunno:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nothing wrong with loving Bush...unless it's not kept neat and tidy.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A landing strip should suffice.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bush is intelligent, his schooling shows that. He surrounds himself with idiots and is easily swayed by them to do what they want. That is what I believe anyways. Because now he has gotten rid of half of the idiots he had around him and things are turning around... but a bit too late. :e5dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bush is intelligent, his schooling shows that. He surrounds himself with idiots and is easily swayed by them to do what they want. That is what I believe anyways. Because now he has gotten rid of half of the idiots he had around him and things are turning around... but a bit too late. :e5dunno:

'To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students, I say, you, too, can be president of the United States.''

-George W. Bush, speaking to Yale graduates

Bush got into the schools he did and did okay because who his daddy was.