• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cardio + weight training

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well im trying to gain more muscle mass, while cutting out BF.
what im curious about is how much cardio i should do to maintain a decreasing bf rate (not like 5lbs a week, but slowly get rid of it, while keeping/gaining muscle)

right now im slowly doing a variate split.
2-3 days a week, not a pattern or anything,
either day is something i do different.

is cardio for 30mins twice a week, and a 2-3day split okay?
i dont eat much at nite time, i eat shit loads middle day at work
and breakfast is quick, eat a lot of little snacks (nature valley,99% fat free yogurt, fat free milk, ) etc

just to let you know :gaygay:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cutting bodyfat and gaining muscle is gonna be very hard if not impossible. To gain muscle mass you need to be in a caloric surplus, to lose BF you need to have a caloric deficit. The most important part of losing bf is your diet. That has to be right. Along with that diet you could do some cardio 1-2 times a week to start with. I would go for HIIT cardio, since it give the most effects. Keep track of your bf and make adjustment along the way.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cutting bodyfat and gaining muscle is gonna be very hard if not impossible. To gain muscle mass you need to be in a caloric surplus, to lose BF you need to have a caloric deficit. The most important part of losing bf is your diet. That has to be right. Along with that diet you could do some cardio 1-2 times a week to start with. I would go for HIIT cardio, since it give the most effects. Keep track of your bf and make adjustment along the way.

I agree 100%! To naturally lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is nearly impossible to accomplish for anyone besides a beginner. As far as losing fat goes and simply maintaining muscle, your diet will have to be key on.

<3Frosty

I agree 100%! To naturally lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is nearly impossible to accomplish for anyone besides a beginner. As far as losing fat goes and simply maintaining muscle, your diet will have to be key on.

I think the phrase is "on key"... :tiphat:

I agree with both you and philosopher. :xyxthumbs:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Like Philosopher and The Creator said, its really hard to do both at the same time, cause when you are trying to lose weight you make your body use more nutrition then you give it. Building muscle is the opposite. One thing you could do is to eat clean. Keeping your protein high will boost your metabolism and by keeping your carbs moderate you will lose some water compared to if you are going "to" high.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks guys, im gonna try HIIT twice a week
it's been some years since i've done full HIIT
thanks everyone!

J

jeff_hardy

I have to agree for the most part. I think people get 'getting cut' ws need to ith 'staying lean' to mean the same. no one can build muscles with having what it needs to grow i.e protein and fats and carbs . you can stay lean with weight training and some cardio.you should look at your diet. iyou can drop down the carbs and up the protein and up the healthy fats.

so you have to pick one or the other. maybe cycle a bulking and cutting phase

MrThinker

MrThinker

How much minutes would you recommend, 15-30 Minutes? Also could I continue using Fat Burner during my mass building program?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOT OF KEY WORDS SUCH AS... "NATURALLY" " IMPOSSIBLE" DEFICIT" "SURPLUS" ... I think we would all love to be able to achieve this... However you can look at this the more lean body mass you have the less fat you have.. yes while your in a surplus you will gain bf as well but eat clean and train hard.. You can at least narrow the gap and make dieting down a lot easier... Hope this helps...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How much minutes would you recommend, 15-30 Minutes? Also could I continue using Fat Burner during my mass building program?

Fat Burners do not burn fat, they only decrease hunger and many other things.. IMO if you decrease hunger and only eat a few times a day.. I believe you will lose more muscle as opposed to still eating 6-8 times a day and cutting back calories.. To me that makes more sense... Don't fall to the HYPE of marketing..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Imo from 5 to 20 mins of HIIT should be more than enough, and if you try hard enough than you need no more than 10 mins for it in total.
Imo there is no need for fat burners during your mass program. Just keep track of you BF and diet so if things get out of hand you can simply analyse your diet and set a new plan together.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I might try just doing 10-15mins HIIT, over 15mins is too much

faiz

faiz

15 min isnt that much at all

if your goal is to add lean body mass and quality muscle 3-4 days is good for about 30 min..

if you just want size.. then do no cardio...

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
15 min isnt that much at all

if your goal is to add lean body mass and quality muscle 3-4 days is good for about 30 min..

if you just want size.. then do no cardio...

15mins should be enough for me though, within 12mins of HIIT cardio my HR is usually around 180-190.
anymore and i'll pass out :keke:

faiz

faiz

depends on how you look is the best answer.