• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I'll do whatever I have to, to get some abs!

Rookieliftin

Rookieliftin

Hey everyone, to get started I work full time 7:30-4 then go to school from 5-11:30 then I go to the gym with a friend and work out, he says I'm a robot because of my lack of sleep but I keep telling him " I have a goal to reach. Monday we hit Chest and Tri's, Tuesday Legs, Wed Shoulders, Thurs Back/ Bi's. We started this split 2 weeks ago and I do abs daily because I never used to hit them or rarely did. Anyway, at 7:30 I take Hydroxy Cut, 8 I eat oatmeal, 10 Protein shake, 12 half deli sandwich on ww bread, 2:30 shake, 5 deli sandwich, 9 lean gourmet meal. I know it's not the best but I am trying so hard, I weigh 165 5'7 and I'm just looking for suggestions. Should I start weighted ab exercises to bring them in? I hit the treadmill or bike 2 nights out of the week for 15 mins. What do I need to fix? Every thing huh!?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
first off, that's some real serious dedication on your part, your schedule looks crazy and you still find a way to train, way to go!!!

as far as training abs.. twice a week is enough, you train your core more then you realize with weight training alone.. as for the diet, drop the bread totally, add some solid protein, i know you have a hard schedule but this will be the main key to get those abs in.. have protein with every meal as well dont just eat protein alone, same goes for carbs. for your first meal, have some sort of protein with those oats, a scoop of whey would be good for a start.. good luck man.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As serb said and if your looking for abs you gotta lose the Bodyfat...comes down to diet and cardio. I'd do at least 20 min per session and 3 times a week. Go from there. Goodluck man :D

Rookieliftin

Rookieliftin

Thanks for the advise, and I appreciate the support. I will drop that bread, and start adding the protein, once again I thank you for your advise!

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey everyone, to get started I work full time 7:30-4 then go to school from 5-11:30 then I go to the gym with a friend and work out, he says I'm a robot because of my lack of sleep but I keep telling him " I have a goal to reach. Monday we hit Chest and Tri's, Tuesday Legs, Wed Shoulders, Thurs Back/ Bi's. We started this split 2 weeks ago and I do abs daily because I never used to hit them or rarely did. Anyway, at 7:30 I take Hydroxy Cut, 8 I eat oatmeal, 10 Protein shake, 12 half deli sandwich on ww bread, 2:30 shake, 5 deli sandwich, 9 lean gourmet meal. I know it's not the best but I am trying so hard, I weigh 165 5'7 and I'm just looking for suggestions. Should I start weighted ab exercises to bring them in? I hit the treadmill or bike 2 nights out of the week for 15 mins. What do I need to fix? Every thing huh!?

First, you need to figure out how many calories you are getting in right now. Then, just do whatever needs to be done to put yourself in a caloric deficit (more cardio, eat less or a combo of both). For your body weight you need, at most, 200g of protein. You're fine to eat bread but, just for health reasons, get whole wheat or ezekial 4:9 bread. Either way, stick to whole grains and high fiber foods like fruits and veggies for carb sources.

skid9832004

skid9832004

As everyone said ull work ur abs till ur blue in the face but they aint showin if you aint dieting nd not extreme dieting but something that keeps the bodyfat down

<3Frosty

Id like to suggest getting more rest, or breaking up the workouts as well. 4 days in a row, and im assuming you get around 6 hours of sleep, is not good at all. Especially if you hit those weights hard. You will be sure to burn out within 6 weeks from now if you continue on that path IMO.

Break it up to where you train monday tuesday, rest wednesday, thurs friday. Or, add more days of rest somwhere else. If you train 4 days in a row, and only get 6 hours or sleep or les, that last workout will be completely lacking intensity imo.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First, you need to figure out how many calories you are getting in right now. Then, just do whatever needs to be done to put yourself in a caloric deficit (more cardio, eat less or a combo of both). For your body weight you need, at most, 200g of protein. You're fine to eat bread but, just for health reasons, get whole wheat or ezekial 4:9 bread. Either way, stick to whole grains and high fiber foods like fruits and veggies for carb sources.

i agree with everything, except dont eat the bread it tends to bloat. Unless it is the kind of bread wolf suggests the ezekial bread.
do abs daily but mabye 3 sets a day each day target a different area, one day do crunches, the next leg raises the third side walls, then repeat or take a day off then repeat.

R

ruthiemax

man, great for you who dedicates yourself well on training. for me 2 times a week training is just enough, also keep in mind that your body needs its rest too. :)

T

Timeout

Ab training should be done no more than twice a week in order to maintain a healthy mid section. To much abb work will weaken your abbs and can lead to lower back pain and possible Hernia, as they are part stabiliser muscles. In regard to getting good ripped definition on your abs, that is done in the kitchen not the gym your diet is lacking in whole food not supplements (whole food taxes the body and raise your core temprature making you burn more calories) you should start snacking in work and school on healthy fats eg nuts (walnuts, macademia) Also you say you start your day at 7:30 in the morning with 8 hydroxycut and then no food until 8 which you have as oatmeal this is a big mistake, you need protein first thing in the morning to break your nightly fast and kick start your metabolisim ,people who dont have a breakfast are generaly fatter than those who do because your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat. Eating whole foods will counteract this situation.

A good start is protein shake with 2 tea spoons of no salt no sugar natural peanut butter and half cup of oatmeal in a blender ( you can add a half a banana if bulking but not cutting they are to high in fructose)

It seems like you cram everything into monday to friday do you not train at the weekend? this would give you more time to rest and you only grow when you are resting not in the gym (diet and recovery are everything to a good bodybuilder).

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
S

supplementkingdom

guaranteed abs in 4 weeks

Dude,

its no secret, these are right. But the Only thing you need to worry about its what you stick in your mouth....period. I don't care if you do sets of 1000 situps for the next 100 years, you aint gonna see your abs if you continue stuffing your face with same garbage your eating now. Oh sure, theyll get stronger, but you aint gonna see em.

Follow this quick do's and don'ts and i promis you start seeing abs in about 3 or weeks. Do's: lean red meat, grilled chicken breast(skinless), grilled fish, brocolli, spinach, Tuna, rice cakes, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, egg whites.

Dont's: Absolutely no MILK, No CHEESE, No BREAD, No PIZZA, No COOKIES, No Brownies, no DAIRY, NO BEER, No fruit Juices, no fried foods, no chips, oh did i mention NO BREAD!!!!!!!!! Stick with this basic guide, drink a gallon of water a day, you dont even have to do a sit up and watch, you'll start seeing those abs come out. NO CHEATING!!!!!!