• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steroid use after surgery

T

Timeout

I recently had surgery to repair a hernia in my abdonimnal area and i am just returning to training after a 5 week rest period.Everything went fine with the op and my recovery is excellent but i was just wondering when it would be ok to start a gear cycle (test ent and Deca) and will doing a cycle to early damaged or interfer with the healing process?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo thats a bad idea. You cant train 100% while recovering from a surgery. I would start training natural for a few months and after that you can always try a cycle again. You only have one body m8 so be carefull with it.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo thats a bad idea. You cant train 100% while recovering from a surgery. I would start training natural for a few months and after that you can always try a cycle again. You only have one body m8 so be carefull with it.

I agree....u still have to completely recover and u should just go natural for at least 2 months before considering e cycle again...dont push ur body too fast...that will reinjure ur body

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im going to have to disagree with the others and say sure i dont see a problem with this at all.. if anything steroids will increase the strength of your lower abdominal area after this surgery, i have also had a hernia operation so i speak from experience, just know your body and dont kill yourself.. the last thing you want to do is get super strong off the steroids and get another hernia.. know your body and your limits.. stay safe and be smart.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would think steroids would help with repairing the muscle tearing from the hernia, no? Or am I misunderstanding something? I mean, I have heard of using steroids in other situations involving surgery (I'm not sure if they all involved muscle tears but I heard "doc gave me small dosages of steroids").

T

Timeout

Thank all for your input on this subject it is much appreciated. I am back training now and am going to wait for another 5 weeks before starting the cycle as i feel with the rate of recovery that is happening at the moment i should be in a good physical state to start increasing my level of training, but will definitly be training smart from now on using strict form instead of heavy weights.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank all for your input on this subject it is much appreciated. I am back training now and am going to wait for another 5 weeks before starting the cycle as i feel with the rate of recovery that is happening at the moment i should be in a good physical state to start increasing my level of training, but will definitly be training smart from now on using strict form instead of heavy weights.

Good call timeout. Just listen to your body, better safe than sorry.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would think steroids would help with repairing the muscle tearing from the hernia, no? Or am I misunderstanding something? I mean, I have heard of using steroids in other situations involving surgery (I'm not sure if they all involved muscle tears but I heard "doc gave me small dosages of steroids").

True, at least I think its true because I have nothing to back it up but Ive heared athletes used deca to get rid of injury's

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, at least I think its true because I have nothing to back it up but Ive heared athletes used deca to get rid of injury's

Thats more for joints. I know a good amount of baseball players in the minors that have been "prescribed" deca.

As for the cycle, just know your body and training style. I wouldn't until a month or 2 at least depending on what your going to take and what you want out of the cycle. If your just cutting up then sure sooner but if you want mass and what strength with going all out then wait a little longer and pay attention to any pain in that area more than you would.