• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

THREAD OF THEORY's and PHILOSOPY

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OK kids due to the recent controversy regarding 'once per week' training, im thinking its time for everybody in the mecca to declare what training theory's and philosophy's they prescribe to in their training?

SO the bug question is!

Whats your theory of muscle building!

(if you disagree with someone, feel free to insult them, but dont make it personal, make it funny, the funnier your insult the more valid your theory of muscle building becomes)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My general theory is largely inspired from Dante of www.intensemuscle.com, that muscle building requires increases in strength! strong lifters tend to be big!

of course to coincide with trying to get stronger i believe in higher frequency and moderate-low volume, as i see no point hammering the muscle with more working sets than needed to induce growth!

Higher frequency allows strength progressions to occur faster as long as your volume is not too high and blunting recovery!

strength increases must be accompanied by good form which hits the target muscle effectively, so that all increases in load stress the muscle you want to grow, so no body english on my curls!

exercise selection is the big basics, plus the odd machine, some preacher curls and skullcrushers! i like my training bread and butter, sqauts built platz' legs, they will build mine, as long as i get stronger on my squat ass to grass style!

food wise i think you need quite high protein 1.5 grams per pound of 'lean' mass, sometimes more, depending on how your body absorbs nutrients! medium-low carbs, low fat!

thats about it in a nutshell for me!

anybody else go some ideas?

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My general theory is largely inspired from Dante of www.intensemuscle.com, that muscle building requires increases in strength! strong lifters tend to be big!

of course to coincide with trying to get stronger i believe in higher frequency and moderate-low volume, as i see no point hammering the muscle with more working sets than needed to induce growth!

Higher frequency allows strength progressions to occur faster as long as your volume is not too high and blunting recovery!

strength increases must be accompanied by good form which hits the target muscle effectively, so that all increases in load stress the muscle you want to grow, so no body english on my curls!

exercise selection is the big basics, plus the odd machine, some preacher curls and skullcrushers! i like my training bread and butter, sqauts built platz' legs, they will build mine, as long as i get stronger on my squat ass to grass style!

food wise i think you need quite high protein 1.5 grams per pound of 'lean' mass, sometimes more, depending on how your body absorbs nutrients! medium-low carbs, low fat!

Why do you "believe" these things?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

my kind of lifter!!!!!!!!! i couldn't have said it better myself man:xyxthumbs:. i consider myself to train fairly close to the HIT system. once per week i blast the living shit out of a given muscle, recover, than do it again :weightlifter: since i really can't train in any other gear than full speed i think giving each muscle a week off really allows it to recover properly and prevents me from overtraing (something i feel i had a big problem with in my earlier years and even recenlty). i think this is one of the only real ways to make real strength gains and you gotta get strong before you get big. this form of training has really done wonders for me and has really added some weight to my lifts (most notably my squat and skullcrushers... and deads :2:)

my training philosophy:
GO HEAVY AND HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!! :350:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why do you "believe" these things?

mainly from experience, i have trained high volume in the past with once per week style training, and it just fealt i was spending hours in the gym for minute gains

when i dropped volume i was able to concerntrate on improving the basic effective lifts, and the increased frequency meant i could have 2 hypertrohic responses to strength increases every 9 days, instead of 1 every 7. also the lower volume meant i was able to recover quicker and increase poundages faster!

i train to failure because it think its the most efficient way to train, every 6-8 weeks i back up and stop going to failure to avoid overtraining, and when i resume i usually find my strength has gone up and continues to increase for the next 6 weeks of the blast etc!

having said Tunen, i cant help but notice how effective your training has been for you, and i am aware you perform sometime up to 10 working sets per exercise, but for me i think im adapting fine keeping the working sets to a minimum, doing DC i do the double Rest-pause system, basically three sets performed in quick succession, this i find sufficient enough to trigger an adaptive response without wasting energy on successive sets!

put in your ideas Tunen, i have always wanted to know more about what you and J.Bravo and co. do and why?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:xyxthumbs:

one thing i have to disagree with is the diet, its a known fact that insulin is the key ingredient in muscle production, if your keeping your carbs low/medium then you are limiting your full potential to optimize grown, and as far as fat goes, i think during bulk time, this should be kept moderate, id say about 35 grams per meal at 6 meals a day min..

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i believe in copying the pros. 4 grams of protein per gram of bodyweight. Training my body in parts. (Today i did 30 sets of forearms superseted with 30 sets of forearms) Maximising the pump because thats the only thing that causes growth. (this means tying a tourniquet over my arm after a big set of curls anything to keep the pump... gotta get growth) then ofcourse ive gotta supplement my L-glutamine at least 1 gram per pound of chicken I eat. I only do the lifts charles glass teaches as well. I believe squatting should be permanately swapped with some Milos sarcev and that god determines how big I can get. I love you god.

...Currently I train push pull. it allows me to hit bodyparts twice a week and I usually vary rep schemes . I would train full body to get more frequency But for reasons I wont list I can't.. clean athletes get good results by training regular(within reason) thats my philosophy. I wont get better at chess by practicing once a week or i will but at such a slow rate and with probably many more losses then i would of if i played more often :tiphat:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i believe in copying the pros. 4 grams of protein per gram of bodyweight. Training my body in parts. (Today i did 30 sets of forearms superseted with 30 sets of forearms) Maximising the pump because thats the only thing that causes growth. (this means tying a tourniquet over my arm after a big set of curls anything to keep the pump... gotta get growth) then ofcourse ive gotta supplement my L-glutamine at least 1 gram per pound of chicken I eat. I only do the lifts charles glass teaches as well. I believe squatting should be permanately swapped with some Milos sarcev and that god determines how big I can get. I love you god.
:49:

On a side note though, KAATSU studies have shown that prolonged activity during limited blood supply to target limbs produces radical enhancement of both strength and muscle belly cross section :ughnoes:

...Currently I train push pull. it allows me to hit bodyparts twice a week and I usually vary rep schemes . I would train full body to get more frequency But for reasons I wont list I can't. :tiphat:
Sounds very reasonable :2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I didn't get it at first :49:

Tunen is correct though about the tourniquet, it has been shown to enhance muscle hypertrophy.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

LMFAO:bowroflarms::bowroflarms::bowroflarms:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with Pickle.
DB Flyes ftw for mass building.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only peice of equipment a bodybuilder needs to get the hypertrophy and strength gains necessary to succeed in his or her chosen endeavor. This is my philosophy, my theory, and my way of life. Thigh Master FTW

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
:49:

On a side note though, KAATSU studies have shown that prolonged activity during limited blood supply to target limbs produces radical enhancement of both strength and muscle belly cross section :ughnoes:
:2:

yeah I actually heard basic stuff on it but havent looked it up too extensively:keke: I cant imagine lifting with something tied around my limb it seems too pretty boy. Maybe one for knight rider.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ good luck finding a material that can withstand the exapansion of my biceps during my 32nd set of cable spider curls, especially when im loaded up of muscletech pumping supplements and havent eaten a non-liquid meal for 3 weeks!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^^ good luck finding a material that can withstand the exapansion of my biceps during my 32nd set of cable spider curls, especially when im loaded up of muscletech pumping supplements and havent eaten a non-liquid meal for 3 weeks!

lol, nice comeback. kind of irrelevant but does dante have peaks?

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ yes dante has peaks and there is movie which details how he burst a blood vessel on one of his biceps peaks which in fact levelled a whole village and threatened the survival of pierce brosnan and some forgettable B-grade leading lady!

Tunen post up your theory already!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^^ yes dante has peaks and there is movie which details how he burst a blood vessel on one of his biceps peaks which in fact levelled a whole village and threatened the survival of pierce brosnan and some forgettable B-grade leading lady!

Tunen post up your theory already!

linda hamilton is not forgetable or b grade. wash ur hands of that sin you just typed. Dissing linda hamilton is like dissing arny .

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Off the top of my head:

-Training each muscle group 2-3x a week (typically full body, u/l, or push pull.)

-The routine should focus on compounds with accessory lifts to finish.

-Periodization for different rep ranges.

-Progression in weight over a specific rep range.

-Going to failure should not be a common occurence.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^^ x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000:tiphat: