• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Join the cause to fix Knight_riders Chest woes!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is my problem inned to know what the best from is when performing both low incline, and incline bench!

When doing low incline bench i sometime press the bar so it goes up and out over the nipple line, i can use more weight, but personally i dont think it stimulates my pecs a great deal.

When i lower the bar to my clavicals and keep my elbows flared, i cant use as much weight, but i feel a much better stretch and contraction, and even though my delts are brought into the lift more, i think my chest (especially in the inserts) are target much more effectively.

Does any body have an opinion on where to lower the bar and grip width for incline Benching?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
dont flare elbows.
dont do dc
send pics

:food-snacking:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say pressing the bar from the clavicle may be inviting injury and as you rightly state, will emphasise delts more which are already becoming more prevalently used in the incline movement. I think (within reason) that you should just be pressing in a natural path rather than deliberately forcing a position. Bringing the bar to just above the nipple area I would say is the most natural path.
With regard to width grip, again just a regular grip - too close and it will become more tri, and too wide reduces your ROM. Grip around the rings on the bar and you'll be about right.