• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

what do you think of my workout routine?

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

I think my workout routine is pretty good 4 me but am having trouble with legs n back am bit confused about order of excercises, any suggestions welcome.

Day 1 - Legs
Squats - (2warm up sets of 20reps) 15, 12, 10
Leg Press - 15, 12, 10
Leg Curls - 15, 12, 10
Calf Raises - 15, 12, 10

*I just started working out legs so i dont no if its right any suggestions

Day 2 - Chest
Incline Dumbell Press - (2warm up sets of 15reps) 10, 8, 6
Flat Barbell bench - 10, 8, 6
Flat Dumbell Flies - 12, 10, 8
Decline Dumbell Press - 10, 8, 6

Day 3 - Back
Dead lift - (2warm up sets of 15reps) 8, 6, 4
Wide Pullups - 10, 8, 6
Barbell Rows - 10, 8, 6
Tbar Rows - 10, 8, 6
Dumbell Rows - 10, 8, 6
Close Grip Pulldowns - 10, 8, 6

*am i doin too much?? n is the order orite??

Day 4 - Shoulders Traps
Side Lat Raises - (2warm up sets of 15reps) 10, 8, 6
Dumbell Shoulder Press - 10, 8, 6
Bent Ova Raises - 10, 8, 6
Barbell behind bak shrugs - 8, 6, 4
Dumbell Shrugs - 8, 6, 4

Day 5 - Arms
Dumbell Curls - (2warm up sets of 15reps) 10, 8, 6
Preacher Curls - 10, 8, 6
Hammer Curls - 10, 8, 6
Bodyweight Dips - 10, 8, 8, 8, 8
Close Girp Bench - 10, 8, 6
Skull Crushers - 10, 8, 6
Pressdowns - 15, 12, 10

What do you fink?? All suggestions i want!!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think it looks alright.
Thought I would dump the flyes and decline presses on chest day. Do more incline pressing instead

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seems to high in in volume to me

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo its a bit overkill. 4 days a week should be more than enough and a whole day for only arms is a bit much.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I agre with all the above. Split the arms up and throw them in at the end of the back and chest or shoulders sessions. (You could group the sessions together even more really).

Knock off some of the less important exercises.

With regard to your initial question - the leg session looks good - right exercises and right order.

Your back session again the right order but as with a couple of the other sessions too many movements. Get rid of 2 of the rows or better yet alternate between the 3 each workout.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

for your chest workout I would say to get rid of the decline presses and replace it with weighted dips. with a forward lean it really hits the lower pecs hard

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd just like to through in my two cents...

Anymore than 12 reps for an exercise increase the sacroplasmic portion of the muscle tendon, neglecting the myofibril. Now, with no information on rest periods, 15 reps will only improve muscle endurance. For complete back development, you need the following: A deadlift, a high pull (shrugs, cleans), a low pull (chins pulldowns), and a mid pull. Anything else I feel is overlapping.

A

animalkja

^ I agre with all the above. Split the arms up and throw them in at the end of the back and chest or shoulders sessions. (You could group the sessions together even more really).

Knock off some of the less important exercises.

With regard to your initial question - the leg session looks good - right exercises and right order.

Your back session again the right order but as with a couple of the other sessions too many movements. Get rid of 2 of the rows or better yet alternate between the 3 each workout.

i dont agree with what your saying about putting arms with back whenevr i tried that i wouldnt ever have enough energy for arms i think they are great together only thing i think should be changed with this is traps should go with back

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

fanks for suggestions, with the decline bench press if i dont do it after a few weeks i always seem too lose bit of mass near the bottom of my pecs. i no most ppl dont like them but they are workin for me.

With back i was think of changing up the routine a bit, with the rowin movements i was thinkin that every alternating week i wood do first tbars n barbell rows den the next week do cable rows n dumbell rows, wut do u think ???

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alternating exercises that frequently will only cause gains through neurological adaptions, not with muscular overload.

I would stick to a particular rowing movement, and switch every 3-6 weeks.