• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should I start taking Creatine

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I want to start taking Creatine but I heard that most, if not all, strength gains made will go away if I decide to get off of Creatine. Is this true? and will it cause me to gain more bodyfat if I get off of it?
any and all information will be appreciated thanks

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
You will not gain bodyfat by doing creatine, but you can gain water though, cause creatin bind water in the body. Try Kre Alkalyn, thats creatine in Caps. No loading is necessary like with other creatine :xyxthumbs:

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I just bought some creatine and was told to take it on an empty stomach
does this only apply to the loading phase or always?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I just bought some creatine and was told to take it on an empty stomach
does this only apply to the loading phase or always?

All supplements have better Absorption on empty stomach :xyxthumbs:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Water retention due to creatine is intramuscular. This is a large misconception in the sport. Strength will not go down post-cycle. Cycle properly, and you won't lose what you've gained.

Loading on the supplement helps saturate quicker, and can speed up the effects of it. Whether you want to do that, is your choice.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, you should take creatine.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Water retention due to creatine is intramuscular. This is a large misconception in the sport. Strength will not go down post-cycle. Cycle properly, and you won't lose what you've gained.

Loading on the supplement helps saturate quicker, and can speed up the effects of it. Whether you want to do that, is your choice.

Then this "misconception" is big enough for me to get stressed out and gain water under my skin :coolguy:

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

how should I cycle?
I've heard that I should cycle 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off
is that a good cycle to follow?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You do not have to cycle Creatine there have not been any shown benfits on cycling creatine.

You should try the search function there are many articles on creatine on this board.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I tried it before, didn't work for me.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya man go for it. it's not overly complicated and just keep lifting when you come off and you'll keep your strength just fine.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe creatine is the most overrated supplement. From what I hear from people where I lift most of them feel creatine is just one step lower steroids. I think you can take creatine if you want. You will probably put on 5-8 pounds pretty quick but it will be from water. Your muscles will look fuller too.

F

FiveStarG

yes take ur creatine with beta alanine! it helps raise ur muscle carnosine levels to endure longer workouts! Theres this new product by NXLABS called Betasine which should be a great product but im not too sure on that one yet. I just take my creatine regularly and take 2 beta alanine tablets before workouts and 2 after when you have ur next meal! give it a try!

S

SolidSa

You won't get fat because of creatine, it would enhance water retention that's all. Even after you stop creatine intake, your body will already become accustomed to the weight you lift so there won't be much power loss, there will be little but it's still not that much.

J

joseph

Yes, creatine should be taken by beginners. Creatine is the most well studied gym supplement available. It will make you stronger in a safe manner.