• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chicken sausage?

skid9832004

skid9832004

i wanted to know if this chicken sausage that my mom got would be good to have
Amount 1 link=91g

calories: 130 Calories from fat 80g

Total Fat 8

Colersterol 60mg
sodium 670 mg
Carbs 1g
sugar 0g
Protein 18 g

It says it is all natural minimal processing never administered Antibiotics

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat them all the time. They are tasty without all the fat of beef or pork.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

where can you get them at?

skid9832004

skid9832004

costco but i call it price club

T

Timeout

Sausages are not good generaly, poor quality meat source.
I know it says 18gs protein but that could be just taken as a precentage of protein per gram of chicken (chicken breast).
One thing you can be sure of its not chicen breast in the sausages it would cost to much to produce and there would be a reduced profit margin.
Something to think of, a recent study on processed meat showed that you are 5 times more likely to get colon cancer from eating processed meats (sausages burgers ham bacon hot dogs).
Also because the meat is minced it takes less for the body to digest so you will get fatter quicker.
Eg 8 oz steak cut into 2 equal halves, mice and fry one half and fry the other hole half, you would
think that they would both have the same effect on the body when eaten but this is not trough as the minced half is predigested because the body does not have to break it down as much as the whole piece.
Eg white bread and wholegrain same principal.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, chicken sausage is heathier than pork sausage(pork sausage has 290-455 calories and 23-38 grams of fat per link), and both chicken and turkey sausage have 140-160 calories and 7-10 grams of fat for the same amount.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't know that the vienna sausage that we have been eating since I was a boy was made of chicken. It only dawned on me some years ago when I was checking on the price tag and I chanced upon the ingredients. After reading fully the label I realized that it was chicken sausage after all. Some say that chicken meat is healthier but it really depends on the kind of food particularly processed food.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even though I'm not really much of a big fan of all sorts of meat except for pork, I still managed to eat chicken sausage every now and then especially when I go to one of my favorite restaurants called Chicken Republic.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I have stopped eating commercial hotdogs and sausages since I found out that it's made out off scrap meat and fat. It also contains a lot of salt and artificial flavorings. I'm now only eating hand made fresh sausages and artisan made ones. The ones in cans and the ones that are sold in supermarkets are very unhealthy.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have stopped eating commercial hotdogs and sausages since I found out that it's made out off scrap meat and fat. It also contains a lot of salt and artificial flavorings. I'm now only eating hand made fresh sausages and artisan made ones. The ones in cans and the ones that are sold in supermarkets are very unhealthy.

Seriously, I completely understand and agree with you on this about because in my opinion, the best way to eating healthy food is by preparing them by yourself.

In this manner, you will be very sure of what you use to cook and how you cook your own food in order to avoid getting your health complicated.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff