• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How much protein

A

animatronico

How much protein should I eat a day to gain muscle mass?

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like to take in 1.5 grams per 1 pound of body weight, and 2.5 - 3 grams of carbs as well and .5 grams of fat.. This is just what I take in I believe in, IMO carbs are need just as much as protein and fat is just as important as well..

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you're bulking, I'd say anymore than 1-1.2g/lb of bodyweight will be stored as adipose tissue, and thus result in fat stores. However, on a cut you need more protein to maintain muscle mass, and prevent the body from catabolizing to reach ATP (energy) demands.

Youngmusclejock is right, other macro nutrients are essential to mass gain. Make sure to focus on carb intake as well as your omega (polyunsaturates and monounsaturates) intake.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Basically what it all boils down to is that everyone's demand are different. No two person's body's process protein, carbs, and fats the same. It's all trial and error, what works for me may not work for you...