• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Palumbo diet or Layne Norton diet? please help

W

wnoah1981

I am 10 weeks out from the show(natural bb). I tend to hold more fat in my stomach and back.. would the palumbo diet work better for me or no...please tell how it worked for you pics if possible.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Im a full blooded endomorph..and I tend to gain weight by just thinking about food.
I've done the Palumbo diet for about 2 weeks..Im down close to 20lbs right now. Obviously lost a lot of water but still really good. I dont know anything about Laynes diet, but many people on this board likes Palumbos diet :xyxthumbs:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For a natural, I would recommend Layne's advice.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you're dieting only 10 weeks you can't do a diet like Layne, he takes over 20 weeks to diet each contest.

But, he doesn't do anything drastic and is far more likely to look good on stage.

W

wnoah1981

well ihave been dieting starting at 21 weeks now on a layne type diet now at 10 weeks i was wondering if I should make the switch to palumbo

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well ihave been dieting starting at 21 weeks now on a layne type diet now at 10 weeks i was wondering if I should make the switch to palumbo
If you want my opinion, then absolutely not.

If you don't feel you're on track, up the cardio or lower the calories a bit.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want my opinion, then absolutely not.

If you don't feel you're on track, up the cardio or lower the calories a bit.

Agreed, once you pic your route then you stick to it. You always hear other bb's talk about how the biggest mistakes they make are changing things during their diet. If you have been doing a certain diet for 11 weeks stick to what your doing and up your cardio like Flex said.

W

wnoah1981

Cool Cool ya I just dont wanna look skinny and still not lean I keep improving I started at about 197 pounds 11 weeks ago and now down to 187. I have also been doing Milos giant set workouts and low intensity cardio....any suggestions or comments?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt do a lot of Milos' giant sets. They seem to work for the pros that he trains but I fear that others may risk overtraining if they do it. If you like the giant sets, I would maybe incorporate them in for a workout here and there but otherwise I think it would just be too much. They are mostly good for absolute glycogen depletion. Remember, it is not the training that will get you lean and give you that ripped look, it is the diet and cardio so there isnt a need to do anything crazy with the weight training.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cool Cool ya I just dont wanna look skinny and still not lean I keep improving I started at about 197 pounds 11 weeks ago and now down to 187. I have also been doing Milos giant set workouts and low intensity cardio....any suggestions or comments?

i would say. stick to heavy basic movements, you want to keep that mass not lose it and look like a swimmer on stage. only my opinion:e5dunno:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
joshuaaa

joshuaaa

have been on muslcemecca for about a month now, just reading around and stuff finally decided to start posting. im 18 and have been training for bout 2 years now but only seriosuly for bout a year, and am thinking bout starting to compete roun d august next year, so am starting to look at diets and stuff to bulk up more and also the contest diet and was reading up on the palumbo diet it has basically no carbs so how does that go with doing hard workouts, im also an apprentice electrician then head to the gym after work, would this diet be bad for me as i exhert alot of energy at work as it is???

W

wnoah1981

how bout FST training 7 which hany rambod used for phul heath this year. Then at the end pick one exercise and do it for 7 sets with 20 rest in between.

W

wnoah1981

I think because you do exert so much at work I would stick with a 30/40/30 carb protein fat ratio