• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Short Cycles , good gains, less sides

templare1987

templare1987

Hello guys, i was reading an article about short Anabolic Steroids Cycles.
I dont have experience with none of these compounds, so i want some advise and what you think about doing short cycles on regular guys like us, not competitive or professional bodybuilders.

Please post your opinions :dunnodude:

Article from steroidology

"WHAT MAKES A CYCLE SHORT

Short cycles are steroid cycles that do not exceed 4 weeks ,with 2-3 weeks "on" preferred.

WHY DO SHORT CYCLES

The main reason is to limit the negative health impact that steroids DO have on users.
For those of you that don't get lab work done while on steroids I would have you know that steroid use causes a very bad shift in the lipid profile. HDL(good cholesterol) which acts like a sticky sweeping broom to sweep up bad LDL (bad cholesterol) and prevent plaque build up on atery walls, goes EXTREMELY LOW in, dare I say, ALL MEN. Not only this but LDL levels usually climb and this is combo is not good.
Short cycles still cause a crappy lipid shift but not to the same degree as the long cycle. Also less time "On" means less time for potential aterial plaque build up.
After my last long cycle of 8 weeks I had some blood work done and my doc HAD A COW as my hdl to total cholesterol ratio was extremely poor.

There isn't a damn thing you can do to significantly avoid this....you can take niacin , flax oil , do cardio and have a pefect diet low in saturated fat and you will STILL get a very shitty lipid profile.

So a very bad lipid profile with high ldl and rock bottom hdl is a SIGNIFICANT risk factor for aterial plaque build up and heart disease. As a side....anyone that thinks "Arny" only got his aortic valve done doesn't have a clue. I know for a fact that he had a coronary bypass as I have worked with members of the heart team that did his operation.

True there are other risk factors for heart disease but this is a big one and well documented as well.

HEW!!! Next ...short cycles limit other side effects like hair loss, acne, high Blood pressure and resulting kidney stress, testicular shrinkage and poor HPTA rebound.

Also short cycles are a heck of a lot easier on the old liver especially if 17aa orals are used....got to love d-bol he he he !

WHAT SHORT CYCLES ARE NOT

Short cycles will not result in bigger gains. Short cycles will not allow one to be competive in todays national level competitions. Short cycles will not give you 30 pounds of bulk at one time.

WHAT SHORT CYCLES CAN DO

Short cycles can give you decent gains that are FAR better than what you could attain to as a natural. Gains of 10 pounds are not infrequently kept form a short cycle with the novice or those that are not at least very close to their natural maximum weight.

Short cycles will allow a much quicker HPTA recovery than a long cycle and this allows one to kepp a higher percentage of ones gains. In fact full testosterone rebound often happens in but a week. Gains often continue in the weeks after the short cycle is over simply because ones natural test production often jumps a little higher than normal becuase the pituitary really hammers out the LH and the testes have not shunk.
My natural test production is quite good for a man of 40, at 550. I tested my test level a week after I stopped a 14 day cycle and it had rebonded to 650 from the immediate pre cycle 550. On day 15 it was down to 54!

How many of you bro's have experience gains AFTER coming off a 8 weeker...not a one I would say.

Lets face it bro's if you gain 25 -30 pouns of bulk in a long cycle you sure the hell aren't going to be able to hang onto more than 15 of those pounds over the next 6 months unless you were WAY WAY under your potential to begin with.

BEFORE DOING SHORT CYCLES.....

learn how to train and gain WITHOUT steroids. This is critical! IF one knows how to train without gear then adding a small amount of gear over a short period of time can result in great gains.
Trouble is almost nobody knows how to gain without steroids so they do the large doses over long periods of time to compensate for their chronic over training and poor training, sleeping habits.

ORIGIN OF SHORT CYCLES AND VARIATIONS

Well I am sure that there have always been men that used short cycles but the first one that I know of that actually spoke up on the matter was NELSON MONTANA, formerly of T-MAG.

NELSON MONTANA advocated, and still does advocate, cycles of 3 weeks in length. Modest doses are used of 1000mg per week TOTAL or less. Injectables and orals are used. Usually the injectable is in a long acting ester and not injected once per week but several times per week in smaller doses as he belives this is better for anabolism. Nelsons favorite steroid is PRIMO but he does like sust, d-bol, winny and anavar. He will not use or recommend vet steroids like EQ or tren. He does not recommend nandrolone.

Nelson believes three weeks will offers the best trade off between gains and sides. He thinks two weeks "on" is not quite enough time "on"
His favorite combo's are sust/d-bol or primo/anavar.

Last edited by a moderator:
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 weeks just doesn't seem long enough.. Most esters take at least two weeks to start working.

I

ironaddict

i know some guys that run 2 week injectable cycles, they just hammer up the dose and cycle 2 weeks on 2 weeks off until they've been ''on'' for about 8 weeks then come off an do a PCT and wait a little while before hitting it again.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 weeks just doesn't seem long enough.. Most esters take at least two weeks to start working.

That depends on the substance.
I dont know much about short cycles tho Ive heared some good things about it

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I read a study in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, where they (somehow got approved by the ethics commitee) did a 6 week cycle of test E at 500mg/week. The results were an average of 13lbs in the test group with no significant sides. I think 6 weeks is a relatively short cycle, and I was very surprised and pleased to find this article. I used it for a literature review in one of my kines classes.

S

spymoney15

That doesn't seem long enough to get gains.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you can get gains this way.. but in reality how much of that muscle will really stick to your frame??? not much at all, if this were the case then most pros would be cycling like this, and its not.. short cycles suck in my opinion... if you want to make real gains that stick to your frame, you need to run for at least 12 weeks..

P

Painispleasure

you can get gains this way.. but in reality how much of that muscle will really stick to your frame??? not much at all, if this were the case then most pros would be cycling like this, and its not.. short cycles suck in my opinion... if you want to make real gains that stick to your frame, you need to run for at least 12 weeks..

Did you read what the man said?

"Short cycles will not result in bigger gains. Short cycles will not allow one to be competive in todays national level competitions. Short cycles will not give you 30 pounds of bulk at one time".

Read the damn article dipshit

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

"Short cycles will not result in bigger gains. Short cycles will not allow one to be competive in todays national level competitions. Short cycles will not give you 30 pounds of bulk at one time".

watch your mouth newbie.. i dont need to read the article.. good gains, less sides as the title says, says it all...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Now that is fucking harsh. Maybe even uncalled for!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

rockman215

I read a study in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, where they (somehow got approved by the ethics commitee) did a 6 week cycle of test E at 500mg/week. The results were an average of 13lbs in the test group with no significant sides. I think 6 weeks is a relatively short cycle, and I was very surprised and pleased to find this article. I used it for a literature review in one of my kines classes.

Do you have a link for that article? Sounds interesting. Surprised they got approval for it.