• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

working on new full body routine

T

The Sheriff

posted this in my log, but figured i'd put it in here too

hey guys - trying to figure out a new program, doing mon,wed,fri split, full body. was thinking of having monday be fullbody with emphasis on back of body, wednesday emphasis on legs, and friday front of body. jsut toying with ideas. heres what i had in mind
monday
deads, stiff deads, leg press, incline DB, pulldown, dips, calves and abs
wednesday
squat, lunge, incline bb, bent row, db curl, cleans, skull crush, calves and abs
friday
bench, military press, bb curl, front squat, pull up, laterals, calves and abs

2 or three sets per excerise

any thoughts would be great

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like tough work but I commend the FB approach. I think my main concern with that programme would be the short rest period between doing 2 types of deads AND the leg press and then those squats and lunges in the following session whether your legs would be recovered sufficiently, and the lower back for that matter.

T

The Sheriff

i think my legs will be fine for that, my deadlifting style because of my heigth and structure makes me use mostly back on deads, i can deadlift all day and not fatigue my legs. i'll definitley give it some thought, though. i did the program last night, and i have some back and hammie soreness, so i guess ill just see what happens.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree, I commend this approach. Very underrated regime. However, with all due respect, I think we need to reorganize this. The biggest concern it seems is you aren't taking into consideration secondary support and local stabilizers.

On your "back of body" day, you're neglecting your traps, which can be hit directly or indirectly. They are synergists to your basic multi-joint movements. Add a form of rows, or any other shrugging movement.

This isn't the best way to develop a FB routine. As I look over it, CNS drain could be extremely apparent, especially with a 3 set volume equivalent to almost 6-8 sets/body part.

Would you mind re-organizing? Or is your mind set on this? The basic idea is good, I just feel with any recovery ability, this would be taxing on your CNS.

T

The Sheriff

yeah, im definitley open to suggestions, im not set on anything