• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Foods to Avoid on a Diet?

Teiki

Teiki

I was thinking of starting a thread to list some foods that you think should be avoided during a diet.

Of course, there are some obvious ones (i.e. Pizza), but it'd be more interesting to list the ones that are more controversial (i.e. whole wheat pasta?)

I'll start with:

-Dairy
-Any Bread and Pasta
-Chili Fries (jk)

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good thread man. i know it is accepted as common knowledge to avoid dairy. but what is the reasoning behind it? I'm guessin it has something to do with the lactoste?

KCharger9

KCharger9

Yeah it makes the skin look thick.

KCharger9

KCharger9

BBQ sauce or any other sauces.
i think breads ok if its ezekiel - cutler of course

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Diet" is too general of a term to describe a certain caloric consumption. But by my guess of staying away from pastas and breads, it's referring to a so-called "cutting" diet or at least, a lower caloric diet. However, if this were referring to a ''bulking'' diet, I'd say to keep these foods because they're loaded with carb's and protein. For a cutting diet, I'd say to stay away from fatty foods, such as fast foods and high sugars.

-Fatality.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most foods to stay away from are pretty obvious because they are junk food - pizza, ice cream, french fries, chips, etc.. Less obvious are foods considered healthy or natural like whole wheat pasta, large amounts of fruit, any vegetable that is not green, all breads, higher fat cuts of red meat. If you stick to brown rice, oatmeal, lean red meat, fish, chicken and turkey breast, yams and green veggies you are pretty safe. Some things like nuts or nut butters can be included, but for myself they can't be because I like them too much and can easily over eat them. Because of that I have to throw onto the list of don't eats anything that you have a tendency to want to overeat, even if it is normally part of a clean cutting diet, if you can't control your consumption, don't include it.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Diet" is too general of a term to describe a certain caloric consumption. But by my guess of staying away from pastas and breads, it's referring to a so-called "cutting" diet or at least, a lower caloric diet. However, if this were referring to a ''bulking'' diet, I'd say to keep these foods because they're loaded with carb's and protein. For a cutting diet, I'd say to stay away from fatty foods, such as fast foods and high sugars.

-Fatality.

It depends on what sort of diet you are going for, also what you are getting ready for. Same with a bulking diet, all in all lots of it has to do with your education/knowledge of nutrition.. most have none.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq, was that directed to me, or to the person who started the thread? Yeah, it's obvious to stay away from the really unhealthy foods like pizza...etc, but yeah, it does depend on your goals and caloric needs.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was reading over on muscular development and a person claimed that oatmeal spiked his Blood Sugar levels to 120 while bread (ezekiel) only sent it to 100. It was posted in the Q & A with RazorRipped and he claimed that he has his clients use oatmeal as a cheat meal. Has anyone head of this?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
stay away from foods beginning with the letter "Q".

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was reading over on muscular development and a person claimed that oatmeal spiked his Blood Sugar levels to 120 while bread (ezekiel) only sent it to 100. It was posted in the Q & A with RazorRipped and he claimed that he has his clients use oatmeal as a cheat meal. Has anyone head of this?

Instant oatmeal perhaps, that or he ate a shit load of it.

Teiki

Teiki

Wow, I've never heard that...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe he said 120 grams of oats compared to 120 grams of bread.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll make this thread simple.

-Nothing too high in calories unless you're on a refeed
-Avoid saturated fats and especially trans
-Avoid foods that cause too large of an insulin secretion
-Try to substitute poly fats for mono if you can
-Avoid as much sugar as possible, but alittle in the morning and post/during your workout is fine

/close thread

A

agefranco

So on a cutting diet what kind of things can be added to food to give it that flavour