• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Paulie's Bulk Diet - "The Mass-Man Meal Plan"

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Check it out. This is my first "official" organized diet for my up coming bulk. Right now my weight is around 176-177, 9-10% BF (When I start this, I hope to be around 7% BF). I will be starting this the first week of June (probably June 1st), and probably end it sometime in December (then I might be dieting again). I put this all together referencing a mass-gain diet from Muscle & Fitness. I took out some of the foods they recommended, and put in some foods I thought would benefit me better. I also adjusted the calories too help accomplish my goals and stay lean (12-13% BF is the max, or where I can still see my abs). I got all the nutrition information from NutritionData.com and from some of the food labels I already had. I put this all together by myself, now I need your feedback. :xyxthumbs:

Schedule
Day 1: Sunday (Workout/Cardio Day)
Day 2: Monday (Workout/Cardio Day)
Day 3: Tuesday (Rest Day)
Day 4: Wednesday (Workout/Cardio Day)
Day 5: Thursday (Workout/Cardio Day)
Day 6: Friday (Rest Day)
Day 7: Saturday (Rest Day)

Wednesday & Thursday

Breakfast: Ultimate Nutrition's Iso Mass Xtreme Gainer (Chocolate)
Serving Size: 3 Scoops
Calories: 650 g.
Protein: 65 g.
Carbs: 80 g.
Fat: 7 g.

* I will probably have this shake in low-fat milk, so the cals. will be 200+ more.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!! I have a few ideas to make it better but want to hear what you think first. I'm lost without Tweaks advice. :tear:

Last edited by a moderator:
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just to state this from the start: I am not a diet expert, however I know a few things.

I just noticed that it seems as if your calories are a little low. Seems that you could bump the carbs and fat possibly even fat up per day. Does your day allow for more meals?

I just feel that from your daily activity you'll need more than 2600 calories and that's on a high day.

Just my two cents.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just to state this from the start: I am not a diet expert, however I know a few things.

I just noticed that it seems as if your calories are a little low. Seems that you could bump the carbs and fat possibly even fat up per day. Does your day allow for more meals?

I just feel that from your daily activity you'll need more than 2600 calories and that's on a high day.

Just my two cents.
It's fine that his calories are low at the moment considering he just came off a diet. Depending on how low you went, I would eat even drop the calories even more for a few weeks and work your way up to this amount. Then once you reach these calorie numbers, bump your carbohydrates up about 50 grams or your fat about 25 grams up each week. If you keep doing that, you'll see great lean mass gains.

As for the foods in the diet, get a real pre-workout meal. Substitute more brown rice for the apple.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's fine that his calories are low at the moment considering he just came off a diet. Depending on how low you went, I would eat even drop the calories even more for a few weeks and work your way up to this amount. Then once you reach these calorie numbers, bump your carbohydrates up about 50 grams or your fat about 25 grams up each week. If you keep doing that, you'll see great lean mass gains.

As for the foods in the diet, get a real pre-workout meal. Substitute more brown rice for the apple.

I will slowly work up to the calories... and then probably continue increasing every so often. What do you mean a real pre-workout meal? Like a pre-workout supplement?

So I guess you can't edit your own posts anymore...... :uhoh2:

Supplements I'll be taking
- Whey Protein (duh!)
- Vitamin B Complex
- Fish Oil
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin
- Vitamin C (maybe, I usually stay healthy)
- Ultimate Nutritions Horsepower
- Vaso Nitric Oxide :keke: (Tweak gave me this)
- Beef Liver Tablets (maybe)

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is your lunch your pre-workout meal? If not, you need better carbohydrates than just an apple.

warpig

warpig

isnt anything over 200 grams of protein bad for your liver?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is your lunch your pre-workout meal? If not, you need better carbohydrates than just an apple.

Lunch will be probably 5 hours before my workout... so I'll add some brown rice in my pre-workout and drop the apple.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was also thinking about taking some L-carnitine. That helped me a lot stay lean last time I took it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Limit cardio to only three days per week, on rest days.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok another question: Which is better to do after my cut? Maintain my weight or bulk up?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been working on this for the past 2 weeks, just making it better and moving stuff around and taking stuff out. How does it look now? Please comment.

Keep in mind, I will be adding calories to this every couple of weeks. My peak will be somewhere between 3500-4000 calories, then I will maintain through the majority of September-December.

Also, my pre-workout shake will be 30-45 minutes before my workout... and my post-workout shake will be immediately after my training. Dinner will come an hour to an hour an a half after the shake.

tmmmp510el4-1.png

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody? How would creatine on my rest/cardio days benefit me? Is it necessary?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody? How would creatine on my rest/cardio days benefit me? Is it necessary?

If you take creatine, take it everyday so it stays in your system and continues to work. The only thing I have to say about your diet is, you know your body better than anyone. What ever got you fat in the first place, stay away. For example, carbs at night are my worst enemy. I stay away from carbs after about 8 pm. But overall, it looks like a good diet. Just keep with it and maybe simplify it if need be. Thats always a problem for me. Simplier is easier.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you take creatine, take it everyday so it stays in your system and continues to work. The only thing I have to say about your diet is, you know your body better than anyone. What ever got you fat in the first place, stay away. For example, carbs at night are my worst enemy. I stay away from carbs after about 8 pm. But overall, it looks like a good diet. Just keep with it and maybe simplify it if need be. Thats always a problem for me. Simplier is easier.

It's pretty simply right now. I will have no problem preparing my food each day. Fat is my enemy, which means my fat will stay fairly low the whole bulk, and my carbs will be pretty high. I really don't have any choice but to have my carbs at night. I'll probably just stay up a little later to let my body process the carbs as best as they can. :dunnodude: