• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The End of Pax Americana and the Downfall of American Society

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Discuss.

This topic has always interested me. As a child, I was influenced by my father, an architect and new urbanist, who deteted suburban sprawl and the like. As an undergrad, I studied history with an emphasis on the relationship between economy/environment. Consequently, I tend to be vocal on the subject of our nation's future. I'd like to hear more from the Libertarian/Ron Paul supporters on this website.

Comments on: energy (consumption of and renewable sources), politics, economy, monetary policy, environmental degradation, etc, whatever.

Let's keep this thread as open as possible.

I'll start by saying this: Most widely touted forms of renewable energy (wind, solar, biofuels, etc) are NOT a solution to our energy woes. I lived in a building powered by a windmill and solar panels and studied these sources as an undergrad. Simply put, they generally require more energy to make and maintain then they produce, usually equaling a net LOSS of energy.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another good starting point for debate:

The Federal Reserve Bank....

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hhmm...

Maybe this was a bad idea for a thread...

:e5dunno:

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe you should ask for the thread to be moved to the politics section.

as for renewable energy, while i don't think that these kinds of energy alone can be used to sustain our life styles, i think that they can be used along side conventional sources of energy, which would cut the consumption rates therefore allowing the reserves to last for a longer time. this would mean that there will be more time for new sources and technologies to be developed.

i was watching this thing on msnbc yesterday and it showed how two brothers in illinois modified a hybrid so that it could do 100 mpg. they had added an extra battery to the car and with each charge it would go for around 30-50 miles, and each charge only cost 35 cents. if one could use solar and other forms of energy to charge the batterys, then i can only assume that the gas consumption would be cut by a hell of a lot.

solar energy technologies are also advanceing at a very fast pase. i was reading about these new types of pannels that you could spray onto a surface and they would guarantee them for 25 years.