• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Speaker Help Required

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All right, well fellas, my situation is that I reformatted my computer a month or two ago. I needed to format it, but I couldn't find my original format disks, so I used my Dell disks (I have an Acer Aspire desktop PC and a Dell PC) and I got it registered under a new code that Microsoft Tech Support gave me. Now, when I reformatted, my speakers worked fine, but now after about a month or so, they have stopped working. When I click on something that has sound it makes a Microsoft alert noise and won't play the sound. The speakers work great, but I don't have the monitor disks that enable them to have that driver work. It's unlikely that I'll be able to find the disks unless I scour the earth for those motherfuckers. Also, because my computer's an older model, I can't find a supplier that has an Acer Aspire Windows XP Format disks that play on a 32-bit driver for them. I've searched the internet and all it can tell me to do is to delete the registry keys that contain the sound control and when the computer reboots, it'll re-install the drivers. But when I attempted that, the registry wouldn't let me delete it.

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here boys, and I'm in need of some assistance. Can anyone help me out?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why don't you goto Acer's website and download the sound card drivers? Should fix it, no problem.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why don't you goto Acer's website and download the sound card drivers? Should fix it, no problem.

I checked, they say that my driver's installed already and to restart my computer, which when I do, does nothing and I just wasted 2 minutes of my life waiting for my comp to start back up.

Thanks though broski.