• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

THE VEGETABLE JUICING THREAD

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
*NEW* THE VEGETABLE JUICING THREAD *NEW*

Ok I am finally going to get this thread going. I was asked by a few of the members a while back for a beginners guide to vegetable juicing. SO here is what i have come up with. i have taken the notes i took from all the reading i did on vegetable juicing and the live enzymes and nutrients and i have got about 14 pages of straight information on the nutrients and enzymes in different foods and the benefits that they are recognized for.

I also have to say that this field of nutrition is a love it and live it or dont believe it its not really gonna work the way they say it does type of situation.

The reason why is because a lot of the healing properties the vegetables juices have come form not just the vitamins and minerals in them which are a million times better than what u find in a pill and also MUCH better absorbed, they are also a combination of live enzymes. The live enzymes are what make the fruits and vegetables some what of a mystery and the reason for this is that once extracted from the produce they will oxidize with in 4 minutes. This means a few things. The first is that You can not study them after they have been oxidized bc they are not chemically the same. The second is DRINK YOUR JUICE AS SOON AS U JUICE IT! Don't let it sit and dont put it in a bottle unless u have something that can vacuum pack your juice, even in that case i would only vacuum pack it once and only if is vacuum packed from the juicer into the bottle then packed b/c against the juice will completed oxidize and be bad for you in 4 minutes so only juice what u will drink right then.

SO you say "ok" why is juice form a juicer different from the juice in my grocery store. They are different because of the live enzymes! EVERYTHING that has been bottled in the unted states and is a food product has been heated to 160F or 180F degrees, it is law to kill the bacteria. That law makes sense but it also kills the live enzymes in the juices or canned vegetables that we eat.

The glands in plants that make these enzymes die at 120 F degrees. The enzymes begin to die at 102 F degrees and are completely dead at 126 degrees.

Now with this said this will be my introduction to this thread i will try and make at least one addition every day or so until i have completed typing out my notes. it is finals week at school, but i did want to get this thing rolling.

The point of this thread is to add information about nutrients and health to your stores of knowledge so that if you need them u can use them. This is not some hocus pocus information. This is information gathered by PHD's medical doctors who use this knowledge to help treat their patients. I said HELP treat not treat. Their are definate cases where people have been on their death bead and been brought back because they have changed their diet around and it was no to late for them to do so!

Any Medical physician/dietician/ knows that good nutrition is key to good health.

This will be my contribution to your health. I will also say that vegetable juice makes for one HELL of a post workout shake as far as healing is concerned. But i will get into all that later. This thread again will be geared almost all towards the health aspect of the nutrients in the food, and not really geared directly towards bodybuilding. I will add in my own experiences with the juicer and different juices and how they have helped me along the way.

If you have any questions i will get to them as i see them. Again all my information is from books written by doctors and PHD's in nutrition fields that have worked directly with these juices and know their effects first hand. I am not saying that so u replace medical advice, i am saying that so you know my information is well studied from practical experience and double blind tests performed by these experts.

With all of that said i hope you all choose to learn something form this thread and i hope i give you some good reading!

God Bless
Ben

EDIT: I stickied this thread so it would be easier for me to find when i want to post. Hopefuly out of interest we can keep it stickied.

<3Frosty

Im officially looking forward to this. Should be pretty interesting.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JUICES VS EATING FOOD

My things to keep in mind while reading this section:
Keep in mind that this is a raw food mentality the information is true but dont necessarily adopt a raw food diet, but use the knowledge of it to benefit your lifting.

Juices Vs Eating Food

When the actual knowledge of food is more wide spread people will eat up to 3 pounds of green and yellow fruits and vegetables daily. For optimal health your body needs more nutrients than you could eat, this is why we use the juicer. 10% of nutrients are absorbed when the food is eaten raw, and 92% of nutrients are absorbed when the food is juiced and drank. The same study group was used to test these statements, using double blind placebo tests.

Everything bought in a bottle or can or barrel is sterilized. This process kills the live enzymes. These enzymes are produced by the glands of plants. These glands die at 120 degrees F. Live food are foods that have enzymes. Enzymes are fatty, protein molecules that either speed up, slow down, or neutralize every action or reaction in the human body. Enzymes will be killed by heat, but not by freezing. 102 degrees F begins to kill the live enzymes. 126 degrees F kills them completely.

Cooked foods cause stress on the pancrease to produce enzymes. Cooked food puts unnecessary stress on our bodies because the food is dead. Eating raw food gives life to the cells in our bodies. Chew your food 20 times so the enzymes in your mouth can begin the digestion process when the food mixes with saliva.

Do not mix fruit juices with vegetable juices because enzymatically they do not work together well. Juice either fruit then vegetables or vice versa just make sure you have an 8 minute window between drinking the different juices, fruit and vegetable. The apple can go with anything, enzymatically it will work, this is the only produce you can do that with though.

Ok that is a good beginning to the raw food diet and a nice intro to juicing as well.

God Bless
Ben

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
never had a vegetable drink raw before

Any mixes that are good?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PV yes. I will get into specific juices for specific things and nutrients, but to start off a good drink to use as a back bone for other drinks is carrot apple juice.

If this were post workout i would take 1lb of carrots and 2 or 3 apples, green or red, drink it down (will make 2-3 cups (16-24 oz juice) and wait 8 minutes or so, have your protein shake and 1/4 a cup of nuts. Great meal for post workout. the live enzymes will get to work doing their job first and the sugar in the drink will replenish blood glucose levels.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I bought a juicer a few years back and only used it a couple times.

Hopefully you can post your top 3 favorite mixes, so I can give it another try.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bought a juicer a few years back and only used it a couple times.

Hopefully you can post your top 3 favorite mixes, so I can give it another try.

As far as flavor goes just for flavor your probably not going to beat the carrot apple juice, or just apple juice by it self bc it basically tastes like sugar w a hint of apple.

I will update as often as possible. For flavor alone apple by itself, or carrot juice with apple. Purple grapes give very sweet juice aswell. Oranges arent bad but u want to peel the color off with a vegetable peeler bc your body can digest the oils in the orange color. Juice the whit rine and the fruit on the inside, it will be a creamy orange juice, but tastes pretty good aswell. Also Water melon juices and cantelop juices are good too but i will explain how to go about juicing those to get all the nutrients out of them, nothing difficult.

5 carrots with 2 apples should give u like 10-14 oz of juice.

I just remebered the lemonade tech. Take and juice 1/4 of a lemon with the skin( because you can juice lemons and limes with the skin) and juice 3 apples. That is gonna be the best lemonade you have ever drank.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
As far as flavor goes just for flavor your probably not going to beat the carrot apple juice, or just apple juice by it self bc it basically tastes like sugar w a hint of apple.

I will update as often as possible. For flavor alone apple by itself, or carrot juice with apple. Purple grapes give very sweet juice aswell. Oranges arent bad but u want to peel the color off with a vegetable peeler bc your body can digest the oils in the orange color. Juice the whit rine and the fruit on the inside, it will be a creamy orange juice, but tastes pretty good aswell. Also Water melon juices and cantelop juices are good too but i will explain how to go about juicing those to get all the nutrients out of them, nothing difficult.

5 carrots with 2 apples should give u like 10-14 oz of juice.
coolio.

I think I tried to add too many different fruits when I used mine. I'd just throw stuff in and hope for the best.

I'll try the carrot/apple one.

Pomegranate and blueberry mixed together tastes quite good.

<3Frosty

So, this isnt limited to just veggies then, as apples and grape are fruits. Good to know. Im looking forward to getting a juicer now.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, this isnt limited to just veggies then, as apples and grape are fruits. Good to know. Im looking forward to getting a juicer now.

Im going to discuss both fruit and vegetable juices yes. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personal Diet for Youth and Disease Free

All claims regarding the healing properties are only suggestive claims. The juices were used to treat patients who symptoms were appropriate for what the juices enzymes, and nutrients are believed to do. They in fact did work for the patients who were treated successfully. My advice is that anything you find interest in take it and try it for 2 weeks and see if you notice a difference. At worst you are getting the best source of vitamins and minerals you can. I have had success in my own person experience with all the juices i have tried which is why i say that you should at the very least try them in accordance to the information i am giving you.

Nitrates cause cancer, try to avoid foods with nitrates in them at all costs. In my own experience with avoiding nitrates i have a better overall sense of well being for lack of a better word i feel like im not sluggish.Fruit is easier on the body to assimilate and digest. Eating fruit will help regenerate an out of balance colon. Vegetables should be juices because they are harder on the body to digest. So eat fruit and nuts for fiber. I still follow these rules to this day have had good success in regards to bowel movements as well. Also i have not had indigestion which use to frequent me.

Pineapple and grapefruit juice to help reduce swelling in the joints. Pineapple has bromolane, which will help reduce pain and swelling in the joints. This juice is best used in my experience twice daily, and for minor inflammations. Good to take pre workout and definately post workout if u work the inflammed area.

Take a half of a pine apple to two whole grapefruits. Peel the color off of the grapefruits but leave the white, that is where all your C vitamins are at. When u juice the pineapple you can choose to soak it in lemon juice to remove some of the pesticides. Juice the pineapple skin and all.

Lemons, limes and all other citrus except the grapefruit will cause inflammation. The only citrus fruits skin oils that we can digest are lemons and limes, all other citrus u have to peel with a potato peeler as to remove all color but leave the white attached to the fruit b/c again a majority of your nutrients are in the white.

Apricots are a good source of beta Caretine.

More energy is used in digestion and metabolism of food than in your hardest day working. Raw foods enhance digestion. I will give the man credit for this also. i followed the raw food diet which is suppose to dramatically decrease the stress on your digestion system, and i did have more energy. Now i added my protein sources in but i avoided beef. I will also say that you lean out very well, but i was not as strong as when i was eating the beef eggs ect ect. so now i incorporate this knowledge in my nutritional "gun" basically i eat the raw foods, and juices when i want quick nutrient absorbtion, and i dont want my body stressed. I usually have some casine protein and some vegetable juice before bed, and i wake up feeling a lot less tired compared to having steak and a potato. This is just my experience

Apple celery drink stimulates the waving motion of the intestines.
2 apples to one stalk of celery.This has also worked for me. It is not like an explosive thiing, but more like a colon cleansing thype thing. along with this juice i would try to drink some extra water about 10 minutes after you drink the juice, it helps the effect.

That is todays installment. Obviously cut the food accordingly so it will fit into your juicer.

God Bless
Ben

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is banana and pineapple good mix for post workout? and pre? thanx!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey bro dont put a banana into a juicer it is to soft it cant be juiced. your better off putting a bana in a blender.

PWO i would go with like carrot apple parsley.

1lb carrots
2 apples
a handful of parsley

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is it okay if i use a blender instead of juicer?I usually put apple,banana,peanut butter,whey and milk who had most of its lactose removed(dont know if that valid but thats what they say) for a meal replacement?is that any good or i am going to need a juicer to get it properly?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes of course u want want to use a blender for the above mix alex. Only use a juicer for hard fruits or veggies, ie carrots aples, beets, and many many more.

I will update this thread today w new info, sorry for the laziness.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have read somewhere that pineapple has a enzyme called bromelain and ti helps with disgestion and works as a pain killer or something of that nature..is this true? if so...when is best time to drink? thanx for the advice!! im gonna get a new blender soon and start making fruit/protein shakes!!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes pineapple juice does help with digestion. Bromeline is also known as an anti-inflammatory.

If you want the full benefits of the juice dont include the fiber it only slows down digestion. Your goal for the juices are soley to get the vitamins and enzymes. They are best and most quickly absorbed without the fiber. You a juicer for the juices. Buy a juicer and drink the juice by itself. Wait 10 minutes then have your protein and fats.

God Bless
Ben

MetalMX

MetalMX

Acai berrie powder or Goji berries would be great to add to these kind of smoothies. Very high antioxidant content of both as well as many many health benefits.

Personally i like using a lot of green vegetables such as kale and spinach. The green vegetables particularly green leafy ones are the most nutritious to consume. You should use a lot more vegetables then fruits. Don't get me wrong fruits are good just using too much gives you a lot of unnecessary fructose. And your liver can only hold about 50-100g or so.