• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Training Split

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I plan on starting this in a couple weeks. I realize it's a 4 day split, and I'm cramming each body part in twice a week. Well, Tweak and I used to do this kind of volume and intensity when we worked out together, and I liked it a lot. Your also going to think "Delts before chest!" My muscle recovery is pretty quick and never really had any problems doing a split like this. Plus, I'll be taking the waximaize in my post-workout shakes and I'll be taking glutamine as well. Suggestions please. :hsughr:

Day 1: Legs/Back/Traps & Forearms + Delts
Day 2: Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs
Day 3: Delts/Back/Traps & Forearms
Day 4: Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs + Legs

Day 1: Sunday - Legs/Back/Traps & Forearms + Delts
-- BB Squats: 5 sets, 4-5 reps
-- SLDL: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Close Grip Chins: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Wide Grip Pull-downs: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Leg Press: 2 sets, 20 reps
-- Push Press: 3 sets, 10-12 reps (light)
-- Traps: 3 sets... whatever + Neck: 2 sets
-- Forearms: 2 sets... whatever

Day 2: Monday - Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs
-- Bench Press: 5 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Incline DB Press: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Hammer Strength Dips: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Random Biceps: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Random Chest: 2 sets, 10-12 reps + 20 push-ups after each set
-- Calves: 4 sets
-- Abs: 4 sets

Day 3: Wednesday - Delts/Back/Traps & Forearms
-- DB Presses: 4 sets, 5-6 reps
-- Upright BB Rows: 3 sets, 8-10 reps (light)
-- Wide Grip Pull-ups: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Close Grip Pull-downs: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Side Raises: 2 sets, 15 reps (Alt. Random Presses: 2 sets, 15 reps) (light)
-- Random Back Row: 2 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Forearms: 2 sets... whatever

Day 4: Thursday - Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs + Legs

-- Flat DB Presses: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Incline Presses (Smith): 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Close Grip BB Presses: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Random Biceps: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Hack Squats: 2 sets, 10-12 reps + 10 air squats after each set
-- Lying Leg Curl & Leg Curls: 2 sets each, 15 reps (superset)

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
honestly try it and see what kind of results you get. The volume per body part doesnt look bad, but the total volume in a day seems kind of high to me but you said you are capable. I would eat like no other, and i would sleep the same way. see what happens bro.

God Bless
Ben

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
honestly try it and see what kind of results you get. The volume per body part doesnt look bad, but the total volume in a day seems kind of high to me but you said you are capable. I would eat like no other, and i would sleep the same way. see what happens bro.

God Bless
Ben

Thanks bud, we'll see how it goes. :xyxthumbs:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
thats a lot of volume goodluck with that. Why the random supporting exercises? I dont see the logic in picking a random exercise. how will you monitor improvement? Or do you just not aim to improve on anything labelled "random back rows" ,"random chest', "Random biceps"

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats a lot of volume goodluck with that. Why the random supporting exercises? I dont see the logic in picking a random exercise. how will you monitor improvement? Or do you just not aim to improve on anything labelled "random back rows" ,"random chest', "Random biceps"

The "randoms" are basically there to help improve my focused lifts like bench, chins, and squats. Also they will help in gaining extra mass to those body parts. I like variety :e5dunno:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
The "randoms" are basically there to help improve my focused lifts like bench, chins, and squats. Also they will help in gaining extra mass to those body parts. I like variety :e5dunno:

haha sorry i sounded like a dick. It just seems like an already loaded program is all(to be including randoms). How long does a session of this size usually take you?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I think your back sessions are lacking a dedicated heavy row, I know the second back day has a 'random row' but I'd suggest adding a DB or BB row into the first back day to help develop a nice thick back. I swear by rows.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha sorry i sounded like a dick. It just seems like an already loaded program is all(to be including randoms). How long does a session of this size usually take you?

I'm hoping it will only take about 90 minutes. If anything longer, I'm cutting some shit out.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think your back sessions are lacking a dedicated heavy row, I know the second back day has a 'random row' but I'd suggest adding a DB or BB row into the first back day to help develop a nice thick back. I swear by rows.

I love DB rows, so that might be a staple in my first back session. Thanks for the suggestion. :2:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paulie my man

Some suggestions:

You intend to do "heavy" compound pressing moves every training day. This I wouldn't recommend to anyone bacause of the injury potential. And you'll prolly overreach very quickly as well.

You intend to do both WG and CG "chinning" in every back-session. This is not clever. You should pick one of these variations and match the total volume. In this way you'll recruit more motor units [which is a good thing if hypertrophy is your thing].

No deadlifting (I don't count the stiffies). You should definitely include either sumos or regular deadlifts in the template. Generally you focus way too much on upper body development.

And what's with the "random chest"? You don't find benchpress and incline DB press to be enough?

Training forearms isolated is a waste of time imo. Doing heavy rows and deadlifts is sufficcient.

You could benefit from trying to keep things simple, focusing on the moves that matter.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy crap thats alot of volume, i have problems believing ur gonna be able to recover from this as a natty, especially if u push some of the sets near failure, which is very taxing. and i agree with tunen, doing iso movements for forearms seem like a giant waste of time and energy. also the whole routine looks heavily push dominant, which is really gonna wear and tear on ur shoulders. more deads, less pushing, overall like tunen said the split looks very upper body dominant, more leg training and less upper body bombing would probably benefit you:)

P

Painispleasure

IMO It sucks and I hate it. Stop being so complex and just go to the basics and also sometimes less is MORE

P

Painispleasure

IMO it sucks and I hate it, stop trying to be so complex and just keep it basic, also less is MORE sometimes

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah its way to complicated....get back to basics! i wouldnt train more than 3 times per week as well.......im pretty sure your a hard gainer!

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've re-adjusted the split and taken all your suggestions into consideration. It's a more balanced split now, I'll post it up soon when I get back on my computer.

P

Painispleasure

Hows it workin so far Paulie?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't started it yet, but here's what it looks like now:

Day 1: Legs/Back/Traps
Day 2: Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs
Day 3: Delts/Back/Traps
Day 4: Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs + Legs

Day 1: Sunday - Legs/Back/Traps
-- BB Squats: 5 sets, 4-5 reps
-- SLDL: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Close Grip Chins: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- DB Row: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Leg Press: 2 sets, 20 reps
-- Wide Grip Pull-downs: 2 sets, 8-10 reps (light)

Day 2: Monday - Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs
-- Bench Press: 5 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Incline DB Press: 4 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Hammer Strength Dips: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Random Biceps: 3 sets, 8-10 reps (different each week)
-- Random Chest: 2 sets, 8-10 reps (light) (different each week) + 20 push ups after each set

Day 3: Wednesday - Delts/Back/Traps
-- Deadlifts: 5 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Wide Grip Pull-ups: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Random Back Row: 2 sets, 8-10 reps (different each week)
-- DB Presses: 4 sets, 5-6 reps
-- Upright BB Row: 3 sets, 8-10 reps (light)
-- Side Raises: 2 sets, 15 reps (light)

Day 4: Thursday - Chest/Arms/Calves & Abs + Legs

-- Flat DB Presses: 4 sets, 4-5 reps
-- Incline Presses (Smith): 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Close Grip BB Presses: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
-- Random Biceps: 3 sets, 8-10 reps (different each week)
-- Hack Squats: 2 sets, 10-12 reps + 10 air squats after each set