• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Pharma Pushing to Criminalize Supplements

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A new law being pushed in Canada by Big Pharma seeks to outlaw up to 60 percent of natural health products currently sold in Canada, even while criminalizing parents who give herbs or supplements to their children. The law, known as C-51, was introduced by the Canadian Minister of Health on April 8th, 2008, and it proposes sweeping changes to Canada's Food and Drugs Act that could have devastating consequences on the health products industry.

At the same time that C-51 is outlawing herbs, supplements and vitamins, it would grant alarming new "enforcement" powers to the thugs enforcement agents who claim to be "protecting" the public from dangerous unapproved "therapeutic agents" like, say, dandelion greens. As explained on the www.Educate-Yourself.org website ((http://educate-yourself.org/cn/canadian...), the C-51 law would allow the Canadian government's thugs enforcement agents to:

• Raid your home or business without a warrant
• Seize your bank accounts
• Levy fines up to $5 million and a jail terms up to 2 years for merely selling an herb
• Confiscate your property, then charge you storage fees for the expense involved in storing all the products they stole from you

Link to full article http://www.naturalnews.com/023121.html

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
"The real issue is not whether supplements really work, or whether FDA drugs really are safe. The real issue is: Who decides, the individual or the state? This is the central question in almost every political issue. In free societies, individuals decide what medical treatments or health supplements are appropriate for them."

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/53/dietary-supplements-and-health-freedom/

D

davey1boy

This is a big deal, with even vitamins being Federalized and increased prices due to the bureaucratic red tape. Check out StopC51.com

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canada just lost 1000 cool points.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm from Toronto and this just sucks a$$. F*cking big pharmas only care about big quarterly profits even though their drugs are not woking and killing people. They are probably paying off 90% of the politicians that will vote for this bill to vote in their favour.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can they enforce something so rediculous, it's like another war on drugs. Are they going to bust old Grannies growing parsley in their backyards

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is sickening. words can't describe my hatred for the people that pass legislation akin to this.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
to their minds, no free world they spew.