• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Whole Wheat Bread

B

bcity101

When dieting should i eliminate my whole wheat bread, I dont eat it all the time just for some carbs. Should I change it becuz i heard it was bad?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt have too much of it. If you look on the ingredients, one of the top ones is likely high fructose corn syrup. It is also kind of high in sodium usually. This will vary from brand to brand but I would stick to mostly organic, non processed carbohydrates for dieting.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I do have any I will buy Wonder Light Wheat Bread, but I try to avoid it all together. I doubt a couple pieces here and there are going to hurt you, but I would stick with the advice Creator gave.

V

vdawg

i love whole wheat bread, i eat quite a bit of it too.

KCharger9

KCharger9

Creator- usually wheat bread has high fructose corn syrup but i think usually whole wheat bread doesnt.

Try eziekel bread instead if you toast it and eat it plain its actually pretty good.

F

fitmod066

1 piece of toast with eggs for breakfest won't kill you. So early in the day more than likely you'll burn up the sugar and carbs.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always thought whole wheat bread was good for you, because it contains all three parts of the wheat berry - the bran, the germ, and the endosperm, while white bread contains only the innermost starchy layer, the endosperm. Because it contains all components of the grain, whole wheat bread is a much better source of fiber and other nutrients, like B vitamins, magnesium, and folate.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wheat bread is my mother's favorite and I have come to like and enjoy eating it as well.

I will admit that it's not too sweet in the mouth but I'm very sure that it's very healthy for consumption.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am the only one in our home who eats wheat bread and sometimes I buy the whole wheat because the label says it is the best. But to be honest I prefer the regular wheat bread. Maybe eating too much of anything is not really good so I try to mix my breakfast with other carbs like the white bread and rice.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am the only one in our home who eats wheat bread and sometimes I buy the whole wheat because the label says it is the best. But to be honest I prefer the regular wheat bread. Maybe eating too much of anything is not really good so I try to mix my breakfast with other carbs like the white bread and rice.

If you eat it in a regulated manner, then I'm very sure that there isn't anything for you to worry about. It's only when you fail to take into consideration the side effects of overeating such food in order to avoid getting caught up in your own meal.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jpk0007

I think that one can have the whole wheat bread sometimes as a change or a variety in your diet. However, if you include bread in your diet all the time then it can't be considered healthy. Anything that is consumed in moderation won't have any bad effects on your body if you have a normal lifestyle. Any Bakery product like bread and cakes etcetera must be always avoided in excess as they are not very nutritious for our body.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Research have shown in recent years that there's been an increase in the number of people who suffer from sugar problems (diabetes), so this calls for adjustment of what one consumes such as bread, and as a result of this calls for the production of white wheat bread.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Adults need 25-35 grams of fiber daily intake. Whole wheat bread is made with whole grains, which has a high amount of fiber. Fiber keeps the bowel movements regular. It makes the poop bulky and help the food to pass through the digestive system easily. However, too much fiber intake can result to flatulence, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation. Too much is always bad. You will fart more often because the bacteria within the colon can also digest fiber in a tiny amount thereby producing a varying amount of gas too. So, to prevent intestinal gas and bloating is to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Another way to prevent the stated undesirable health conditions is not to change your diet into a high-fiber diet instantly. Take your transition slow and give your body time to get used to it. Increase your fiber intake gradually and stay hydrated because proper fluid helps the fiber to do its job.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
I assumed it increases fat rather than helps burn it?

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I think that eating whole wheat bread in moderation is good. I believe that it has valuable nutrients too that is needed by our bodies too.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think whole wheat bread is good for your health.Most diabetes patients are adviced to take in whole wheat bread.but if you have other healthy foods on your list you can go for that but also remember some bread.