• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Keeping muscles:HELP

HATER

HATER

hi guys, long time since i been on here. I have been really thinking about this whole bodybuilding lifestyle, and how it limits you from doing other activities because you might start losing muscle. So my question is; i really really want to go back to playing soccer, 2 practices a week, and one game a week. So i was wondering, how or wut should i add to my diet so i can try and keep as much of the muslce as possible. I mean dont get me wrong, i am expecting to lose quite a bit of muslce, but would you guys recommend some type of a carb drink or like a protein shake after a practice or game??. I will continue to work out as hard, except my cardio will be done on the field. I know this is a weired post because the two don't mix, but i wanna try it out and see what happens. So can everyone please pitch in they're 2 cents. Thanx.:linedrunk:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
basically all you can try and do is add extra calories to close the deficite in calories add a quality meal after practise and maybe bump calories slightly in the other meals

HATER

HATER

basically all you can try and do is add extra calories to close the deficite in calories add a quality meal after practise and maybe bump calories slightly in the other meals

ya this is one possibility that i was thinking of.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Yep joe is right, nothing much you can do than eat more.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And time your eating to around your soccer. More carbs when your going to be running so your body has a source for fuel.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
You could start eat/drink EAA (essential amino acids) or BCAA (branched chain amino acids)
That will cut down on the muscle loss and might make you gain some muscle even

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You shouldn't lose much muscle, I think it's a good idea.

I agree on the BCAA's, drink these mixed with Gatorade during your practices/games and you should be good to go.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gatorade sure does help. good amount of electrolytes :)

HATER

HATER

You could start eat/drink EAA (essential amino acids) or BCAA (branched chain amino acids)
That will cut down on the muscle loss and might make you gain some muscle even

awsome advice, just wut i wanted to hear, but when do i drink these, during or after my games and practices??.... i'm also hoping to use this to burn off fat, obviously, so this is pretty much for the better, and to get me back to the sport i love.

HATER

HATER

You shouldn't lose much muscle, I think it's a good idea.

I agree on the BCAA's, drink these mixed with Gatorade during your practices/games and you should be good to go.

great advice, but one question, think of how much soccer players run, i mean its not always same pace running, its sprinting, jogging, running, etc.. and by drinking bcaa's ur tellin me i wont lose muscles?... i hope you're right, cause i'm all for it then.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your gonna lose muscle man, especially in your legs. soccer is very demanding cardiovascularlily. it's tough being a bber man you gotta make sacrifices. i love basketball and played all through highschool, but i really don't that much anymore. i got back into it about 6 months ago and lost substantial leg strength and dropped weight. you just gotta decide which you love more.....

best of luck though, shit maybe you'll be the first yoked guy on the soccer field since.....ever!

HATER

HATER

your gonna lose muscle man, especially in your legs. soccer is very demanding cardiovascularlily. it's tough being a bber man you gotta make sacrifices. i love basketball and played all through highschool, but i really don't that much anymore. i got back into it about 6 months ago and lost substantial leg strength and dropped weight. you just gotta decide which you love more.....

best of luck though, shit maybe you'll be the first yoked guy on the soccer field since.....ever!

i really can't see myself losing too much leg size, besides, i wouldnt mind burning the fat i'm holding there. so you dont think wut has been recommended to me in teh earlier posts with the bcaa's would work??

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
awsome advice, just wut i wanted to hear, but when do i drink these, during or after my games and practices??.... i'm also hoping to use this to burn off fat, obviously, so this is pretty much for the better, and to get me back to the sport i love.

It would be ideal to take 1/3 before, 1/3 during, and that last 1/3 after the activity. Im not sure about the amount though...I take 10g BCAA before my workout and 10g after...but should take 10g during aswell, I have caps and not powder. But as I said take some before your activity, some during and some after.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

Sure he might lose some muscle in the beginning...but take a look at most soccer players...its not precisely toothpicks. Most players has some thick legs

HATER

HATER

should i also switch to weight gainer shakes instead of protein??.. wut u guys think??..... this thread is starting to turn into a supplement/nutrition thread, lol,

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sure he might lose some muscle in the beginning...but take a look at most soccer players...its not precisely toothpicks. Most players has some thick legs

Exactly, and keep in mind that for a competitive soccer player, it's not advantageous to be carrying around a whole lot of extra muscle. Thus, there's little reason for a soccer player to really lift weights for their upper body.

I think the amount of muscle loss you could experience playing soccer, combined with good nutrition and weight training, is vastly over exaggerated.

HATER

HATER

Exactly, and keep in mind that for a competitive soccer player, it's not advantageous to be carrying around a whole lot of extra muscle. Thus, there's little reason for a soccer player to really lift weights for their upper body.

I think the amount of muscle loss you could experience playing soccer, combined with good nutrition and weight training, is vastly over exaggerated.

but let me remind you of somthing. You're saying that carrying muslce will slow me down on the field, right?. Well how about the few top sprinters that carried a good amount of muslce and still managed to be number one. For example, donovan bailey, and the most famous one, morrice green (spelling?). I remeber watching morrice one year and just couldnt believe how much muscle his upper body had while he was on top of the world as the fastest sprinter. So can carrying muscle be all that bad playing soccer, i think i can use it to my advantage pushing people off the ball.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
but let me remind you of somthing. You're saying that carrying muslce will slow me down on the field, right?. Well how about the few top sprinters that carried a good amount of muslce and still managed to be number one. For example, donovan bailey, and the most famous one, morrice green (spelling?). I remeber watching morrice one year and just couldnt believe how much muscle his upper body had while he was on top of the world as the fastest sprinter. So can carrying muscle be all that bad playing soccer, i think i can use it to my advantage pushing people off the ball.

Donovan baileys legs aren't that big to cause him much trouble