• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Deads with legs or back?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
What do you guys reckon is the best day to incorporate deads into? Back or legs? I've always done it during legs but haven't done the exercise for a couple of months because of a little lower back pain and the tendency to be exhausted after squats. I've always considered it to be more of a ham exercise for me due to my short arms requiring a lot more of a leg work to get it off the ground. I've recently started considering throwing it in with my back work after my bent rows or maybe towards the end instead of shrugs.

Opinions?

...after reading a bit further I might try deads at the beginning of my back day, so this will be my planned back routine this week:
Deads: 5 sets, 3-6 reps
Bent Rows: 5 sets, 3-8 reps
Wide Pullups: 5 sets, whatever I can do
Machine One-arm Rows: 3 sets, 8-10 reps
Close-grip Pulldowns to chest: 3 sets, 8-12 reps

I might even lose one of the final exercises but I need to think a bit more on it.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would do deads on back day since squats are already very taxing for the lowerbody.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Philo. Your example back session incorporating deads looks good.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Deads with back imo

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've just got back from the gym and I'm generally pleased by the session, except that it took me nearly 1.5hrs. I may remove an exercise or maybe integrate the final 2 into a superset.

Plates1971

Plates1971

I do deadlifts 1x every 2 weeks as part of my back routine (The other weeks I do Bent Rows) .......I do straight leg deads for my hams on the same week as bent rows for my back...... That way it gives my erectors a little bit of a break.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yup, deads with back here too. I just don't have enough to squat, leg press, and deadlift all in one workout session. Something gets left behind.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
epic lack of translation...

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do deads with legs. My routine varies but I try to do them right after squats and before presses. I'm usually able to push myself on leg day. I just like it better that way.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would do deads on back day since squats are already very taxing for the lowerbody.

:xyxthumbs: exactly. there is no way you can give a good effort to deads after a real squat workout, and vice versa.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Actually I used to do 170-180kg squats and follow it up with 200kg deads... of course I was useless as tits on a bull for the next couple of days. The recuperation time required was phenomenal.

P

Pumpin

i usually just do 5x5 stiff leg deads on my legs work out cuz i do legs lower back and abs on my legs day so

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Real deads on back day or a day just dedicated to the exercise, stiff leg deads on leg day if I am doing them.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top-deads on back day

Sumos and Romanians on leg day

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I agree with tunen and minchinator. if you are doing normal deads I would incorporate them at the begining of a back workout but if you just want to do stiffs or sumos i think it is fine on leg day preferably after squats for me.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
d/l with back!! but some times when im free and i feel great ill go to and do a heavy work out of just deadlifts, i feel even better after!!!

S

Scoular

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
with back seems better.

You wana squat on leg day and deadlift on this day too may prove a bit much.

S

Scoular

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It was in response to the original poster. His question was deads on back day or leg day.